Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Cassidy is consistently the dude who my friends latch onto when I show them AEW. It's the number one corn-pilled take that Orange isn't a draw because it requires denying all reality. The dude was just the most over person in the Best Friends Floor is Lava episode for gods' sake.

Wait did that actually come out

I've been checking in every few weeks just to watch that one episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
QT becoming a breakout star in his tag match with Cody was such a god drat awesome organic moment in wrestling and I wish I could get a high like that every week

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I am thinking of how jobbers function in wrestling vs anime, and I'm wonder if there was ever an anime jobber that followed QT Marshall's AEW arc

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I know that this is just anti-AEW shilling, but why don't they use a narrative of this being bots run by scalpers? Surely that's pretty close to the truth anyway.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

The337th posted:

This is legit.

My wife was aware of the Punk hype for promos/character work when he showed up, and then all she got was returning legend Punk that ultimately transitioned into backstage drama Punk. Needless to say, she was never won over to how special he could be before things went to poo poo.

Other than witnessing how much the fans cared second hand, it was not a good way to understand why he was such a big deal, and The Pipebomb promo/Money in the Bank '11 magic isn't quite the same if you weren't there for it in the moment.

As somebody who fell out of pro wrestling in the early 00s and came back in because of Kenny Omega, this is pretty much my reaction to CM Punk. I understand that he was a very important person for a lot of fans in a specific time period, but I missed it and so all that goodwill is lost on me.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I am pretty sure exactly what make Eddie great is that his acting isn't acting at all and everything he says comes straight from the heart

He would be incredible in a role that is written specifically for him, but outside of that I wouldn't hold my breath

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I would actually be all for Heel Hangman using Dark Order as his goons

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
This thread got me to click on one of his videos out of morbid curiosity, and I had forgotten just how viscerally sickening bad puppetry is

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

El Generico posted:

It's funny, because I recently saw a Youtube video about the history of black people in WWE, and boy, it sure made it feel like Swerve's organic rise to the top could never, ever have happened in the fed.

If you're talking about FD Signifier's video, I'm gonna link it because it's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQIqWXJu670

Lil Bill also did a bit of a rebuttal video where talks a bit more about black wrestlers outside of the WWE and has a different take on The Rock being black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE4g_xt9qL4

I like it when non-wrestling youtubers talk about wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

TinTower posted:

which is why the VOW podcast, or at least the first hour of it, is a must-listen

it's a deliberate PR tactic from Nick Khan and/or Chris Legentil to make themselves look kind and cuddly instead of being like that sex pervert Vince McMahon, even though Nick Khan himself has a reputation for being an incredibly ruthless operator

I listened to this and my takeaway is that calling Alfred the cheeseboard guy is not just a goon thing and that makes me laugh