Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Also, Dixie's character totally isn't like Stephanie and AJ wasn't copying CM Punk and and and...

:goonsay:

Dixie's character is nothing like Stephanie other than being a woman in charge. For example, Stephanie McMahon would never be seen humping the leg of Hulk Hogan as he leaves to go to the competition.

Fairly sure TNA fans would claim that putting the belt on Christie Hemme would be an excellent idea and that it just showed that TNA was far braver than WWE and anyone with criticism is sexist, Russo who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So how are they justifying that "WWE is ripping off TNA" remark? Are they saying Vince has a Time Machine?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

They're saying that the Eric Young push has been on the books for months and so it's coincidental.

That's even worse than saying it's just copying WWE. This way they're saying that not only is this a terrible idea but that they had this terrible idea to make the comedy mid card guy champ with no build whatsoever and that that was their plan for months.

Are TNA fans just perpetually in the denial stage of death or something?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Stupid Wrestling fan opinions: ROH was MCU's sloppy seconds.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

quote:

TNA may have lost Hogan, Flair, Sting, and AJ Styles but they just brought in star power with Matt Hardy and ECW alumni.

This is my favorite part.

Luke72w posted:

Good news, guys! TNA was cancelled, boom period incoming!

Their optimism is inspiring :allears:

Like clockwork, something terrible happens to TNA and immediately someone goes "Actually, terrible thing is good thing." and calls you an idiot for laughing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

"TNA may have lost Hogan, Flair, Sting, and AJ Styles but they just brought in star power with Matt Hardy and ECW alumni."

They had all of them in 2010 and the show was unwatchable then

Too much Star power mate, like looking straight at the sun.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DJExile posted:

I cannot wait for TNA v. Dirtsheets

TMZ, Dave Meltzer and everyone who quoted Dave Meltzer Vs The weirdos who actually like TNA would be a fantastic episode of Judge Judy.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
These are the nicknames that Chris Jericho thought were too lame when he was supposed to be a lame heel.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
AMC has had good results with Crystal meth in the past so they probably see money in Jeff Hardy.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm not reading any of that. Lance Storm is so boring that I don't even want to bother reading him going full pants on head insane.

Edit: Okay, I read a little of the bold bits. "Doctors no longer treat patients, they just prescribe drugs."

What the gently caress does that even mean? What does he think doctors did before? What the gently caress are you even talking about you massive, loving idiot?

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 1, 2014

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Let me sum it up for you: Lou Gehrig didn't work out enough.

I was going to tweet this at him but he's already blocked me. In searching for the tweet I got blocked for I found this.

The Crew Cut oval office posted:

News story insinuating spanking kids leads to mental illness, yet today there is less spanking and WAY more mental illness

Lance Storm is the Richard Dawkins of Pro Wrestling.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Even as someone who hates how much money huge pharmaceutical companies make off of sick and disabled people (and in America it's largely thanks to how our healthcare system works; Lance is in Canada where it's much much better) I say this with the utmost sincerity:

Charity owns, Lance Storm. Go gently caress yourself.

You're loving joking. You HAVE to be joking.

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/221763387674214400

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lance Storm is just doing what thousands of complete cunts have done before him. Refuse to give to charity while still seeking a way to make it seem like he's got the moral high ground.

Charities are expensive to run and the ALS charity in question does more than just research such as hiring people to care after people with ALS.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Is that guy trying to theorize that Wrestling Observer didn't exist prior to TNA bashing?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Easy to forget Big Dave is a fan.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Shortest run podcast in history.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Kane is still mobile because he takes no dangerous bumps or does anything remotely dangerous. He doesn't even take the pedigree without just dropping to his knees.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Background in PR.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

This is really depressing. Bunch of broke rear end people bitter because they can't afford the $9.99 a month for WWE. :(

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So what's the atmosphere on TNAMecca going to be like when half of them realize they don't get TNA on their TV?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

True, hardcore fans....who can't be bothered to financially support the product.

Can't afford to. They're all clubbing together to get a slice of a Dominoes Pizza without even getting any toppings, like.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That was poo poo and it took a slam at Grado and that's right out of order.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Baseball is the simple man's Cricket anyway.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
TNA right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T72TopWbXJg

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
TNA doesn't need ratings as proof of popularity. Just look at the PPV buys, ticket sales and the amount of money it makes from merchandise.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I would pay top dollar for an iron man match between Lesner and anybody. I just want to see Lesner suplex someone into a fine paste.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
To be fair they didn't. Even TNAMecca can tell when someone obviously hates being there. Everything I remember them saying about Joe was complaining that he Didn't give his all working for the greatest company in the world.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Who the gently caress is Shawn Ricker?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Aurain posted:

I've thought that Brock vs Roman was going to headline WM31 since some time last year, where do I collect my nuthuggers and permission to look down on people who have more experience and respect from the industry in their left hand than I ever will?

e: And where do I get better sayings than that one?

Dave's been reporting that Reigns Vs Brock was the planned match since the end of WM30. He only speculated that Bryan would be added to the match because WWE would have to be spectacularly stupid to go ahead with that plan.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

MetsFan is actually Brock just loving with everybody

Brock's Ice Palace probably doesn't have access to the Internet.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gatorfade posted:

KURT ANGLE! OH IT'S TRUE, IT'S drat TRUE!
Except it isn't. Although if he finally hangs it up I'd love to see him make an appearance.
HYPOTHETICALLY Goldberg has always said he's willing to do one more match, but I highly doubt he's ever going back to the WWE for anything but the Hall of Fame.

Angle is a no go because he's been on deathwatch for the past ten years. WWE doesn't want him dying on their watch and Angle won't slow down until he's permanently in a wheelchair.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

I mean I think the MITB is pretty ridiculous and there are times that I hate it.

Yup. Mostly because it's become a crutch for lazy writing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ultragonk posted:

How the hell is that even possible?

Nerds are scum.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

I mean they're fine now, but have they really?

They're not a danger to themselves and others. As much. Anymore.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

WeaponX posted:

dear tna mecca:

you suck eggs

love,
psp

Bunch of dirty, stinking, Florida crackers is what they are.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
As my daddy used to tell me, never trust a forum with an rear end wider than it's shoulders.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That's not dumb. Face Dean is going nowhere. The only way that it's dumb is that it's going to be used to get Reigns over.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

This is not getting enough cringe love.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

goc posted:

Actually listening to idiots is too embarrassing, do a written transcript for us.

You have to hear it to get the full effect. It's amazingly abysmal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

njsykora posted:

I do agree with that guy that TNA's roster isn't exactly loaded with talent and it wouldn't benefit ROH at all to do a crossover show.

All of the TNA guys I'd want to see against ROH guys were originally ROH guys in the first place.