Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

I still am thinking Impact gets another deal just so I don't get my hopes up - but do these guys not know how loving quickly WCW went out of business after losing television?

To be fair, part of why WCW died so quickly was because the people paying for it wanted to be rid of the drat thing as soon as possible, while The Carters want whoever gets TNA to take Dixie too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There's also the fact that no matter what you like/do, there is a place on the internet where everyone will insist you're right and everyone else is out to get you and the thing you like.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

Then where does the hate boner for ROH come from?

To be fair, there are lots of ROH fans out there who make it very, very easy to hate them.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

are you suggesting Rey is McMahon's hired hitman?

Rey hasn't really been that active since January 2010. Who returned in January 2010? #AskQuestions

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Some ECW fans swore up and down that in the 11th hour, a TV deal would materialize. And ECW gave the wrestling world far more than TNA ever did.

Some WCW fans thought that WCW being pulled from Turner Networks was a work.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

THE CANCER TURMOIL - coming this fall to Lifetime

vIt's classic sports fandom. If a guy is on your team, he's hard-working, future star, the team can't survive without him, but the moment he's gone he was a bum who never contributed anything and finally we can succeed now that the lazy piece of trash is gone.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 29, 2014

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Rovert was a TNA hater. And I don't know how to accept that.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shine learned another thing about TNA booking today!

That comment is wonderful, and I want to hug Mr. Hawke.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Reminder that WWE (according to Triple H) considered putting on Triple H vs. Bob Sapp at Wrestlemania a while back.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'll never get over the incredible victim complex being a TNA fan seems to breed.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

How is this guy real

Every single fanbase, no matter what it is, has crazies.

There were people who called into Meltzer after the Fusient deal fell through who insisted that WCW Nitro being cancelled was a work.

It's just a matter of the internet making it easier for crazies to communicate with each other.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wonder how many people have had their mental illness exposed to millions worldwide because of Youtube.

The answer is everyone. If there's nothing else the internet has done, it has successfully exposed every human being on the planet as Really loving Weird.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Comedians also make fun of things because people have actually heard of them.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I wonder if they realize that Dave gets sad when pretty much any wrestling company goes under.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I don't think advertisers really care how many PPVs people are buying, they probably just don't want to be associated with dumb hillbilly stuff like pro wrestling.

One of pro wrestling's biggest stigmas is that their fans are perceived as (among other things) very poor. The other things probably hurt it too, but advertisers would flock to get into the pockets of hillbillies if they felt those hillbillies had lots of money to throw around.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

It's stupid because Babe Ruth isn't the GOAT, Barry Bonds is.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I would be so happy if Dixie were to fire a lawsuit against Dave because I'd love to see what evidence she pulled out to prove he was lying.

"No, we didn't offer Alberto four hundred thousand, we offered him four million!"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Also, Christian had a better career in TNA than in WWE?

I'm guessing this is based on some in-kayfabe "if you have the title, regardless of promotion, you're at the top of the industry" logic.

Christian was a career midcarder at best in WWE before going to TNA, where he was immediately treated like a bigger star than WWE ever had. Christian was definitely on the long path to nowhere in WWE at the time of leaving, and if anything his career was heading downward quickly. I'd say he's a legitimate case of "This guy was way better off in TNA than had he stuck around in WWE".

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If I sit down to watch a full Raw, I will be miserable for approximately 3 hours.

If I sit down to watch a full Impact, I will be miserable for approximately 2 hours and can spend the extra hour doing something that makes me not miserable.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

That second one is something TNA did and pissed off everyone they worked with.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gatorfade posted:

But Stroud literally thought it was a work. I think up until like 'Mania.

It was a work, but then CM Punk signed with UFC and worked a work into a shoot.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If we're playing devil's advocate, if any of us actually cared about morals of wrestlers we would have stopped watching long ago.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Reminder that the last two times professional wrestling was mainstream, WWE fans cheered as the most evil man in the industry forced a woman to strip down to her underwear and bark like a dog to beg for her job, and a top star killed his wife and son.

That is one of many, many legitimate reasons why WWE, and by extension its fans, are viewed as especially low class.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

He's a filthy stinking liar.

Rey Mysterio isn't an employee!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I want a 30 man ladder match so bad now

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Paul Heyman should not manage anyone other than Brock unless A) Brock retires, or B) Heyman turns on Brock. In any other situation Heyman being around is just a reminder that whoever he's managing is not Brock.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gatorfade posted:

To be fair, a lot of people, even the Meltz, aren't happy with that.

I'm pretty sure he's making fun of him because one of the early TNA PPVs had a promo where Roddy Piper blamed Vince Russo for killing Owen Hart.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Those are not very cool posts, dood.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

AJ is going to come back to TNA with the IWGP title and the Bizz Clizz right behind him!

... you'll see!

Bizz Clizz has 4 former TNA stars, the son of a former TNA star, and is led by the brother of a TNA star, the writing is on the wall, sheeple.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Why do the TNA fan sites hate rovert so much?

rovert is part of the media conspiracy to keep good honest companies like TNA down in favor of the establishment run by Vincent Kennedy McMahon, Mexico, and Japan.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

"We're stupid and lazy, therefore..."

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The most absurd thing (aside from Cena not being #1) is Orton being #9.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

Was this dude watching a different match or something?

Dave Meltzer: Stupid wrestling fan.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Xerzes posted:

And at least one has an SS tattoo, as I recall.

The first thing they did after being hired by ECW was show it off to Paul Heyman!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

goc posted:

For all the poo poo TNA gets, Lucha Underground's business model seems just as unsustainable and bad.

Lucha Underground isn't a business.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TNA not having any idea what money is would explain everything the company has ever done.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Please don't make fun of my feelings on James Storm's booking, thanks.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I know, right?

It's must have.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Has there ever been an invasion that was actually good? I guess CZW/ROH?

new new new world order

Also I love Suzuki-gun's current invasion of NOAH, but I'll proudly admit I'm biased in favor of anything involving Cranky Old Man Suzuki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Suzuki-gun was great if only for that postshow bit where they tossed all the company's belts on the table one-by-one

Also Suzuki getting annoyed when KES put down the NWA Tag Titles, making them take them away.