Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

It's better than what all three will be actually doing at WM32.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

Someone I know was working a show in Norfolk when he got so distracted standing on the apron watching the freaks in the crowd that he legit missed the hot tag he was supposed to make.

Change hot tag to a heel missing a tag due to the fans and this sounds like the best "ha ha look at the heel he's so foolish!" spot ever.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Is he saying that he's getting close to...crossing the line?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The context was the heel (Kaz, I think) getting the heat by doing a really sweet dropkick when his opponent was distracted, when he could have gotten actual heat by doing something that wouldn't have made people cheer.

So when Lance talks about heels not needing to do moves, it is in the context of cool moves. Heels should do dastardly things so you actually care when the babyface makes his comeback.

The things people like about AJ Styles, the things that make him a unique and worthwhile professional wrestler, are really cool moves that will get pops, so he shouldn't be a heel.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I like how the only way to have great matches is to do a bunch of cool moves.

William Regal: lovely wrestler apparently.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ric Flair: lovely wrestler.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DynamiteKidd posted:

At some point it appears I said heels do need moves or something? I just pointed out some guys who do lots of moves but get plenty of heat as heels as proof of the idea that you can be a heel and do moves and get over.

Also I think you'll find Flair goes to the top rope all the time.

No, but you did say that not doing lots of cool moves = having lovely matches.

Also every time Flair went to the top rope it ended in him looking a buffoon. That's about as far from doing a cool move as possible.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DynamiteKidd posted:

Anyway, my point was: Would Lance rather AJ had bad matches? Would that really be so much better?

Lance would rather AJ Styles be a babyface because all of the things that make him worthwhile are really cool. Those really cool things play a significant role in his having good matches. He tends to play babyface on the indies (and is very over) against local heels for that reason, because he does really cool moves that people like to see and cheer for.

It also doesn't help that at the time in TNA AJ Styles looked like the literal definition of babyface, as opposed to the angsty hair/scruffy beard combo he's been running lately.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jul 19, 2015

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Onmi posted:

And you are a wiser man than I if you can determine what the gently caress that is.

I believe it goes something along the lines of "I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

In general, fans will never get tired of watching people they love completely ruining goobers. That Goldberg stayed as over as he did despite being something like the 8th most important guy on any given Nitro after winning the World Title is a testament to how huge he was.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

Yeah let's push the 44 year old that's been doing this for 20 years. New, young talent? gently caress 'em!

I agree, Mark Henry is far too old to be around noted young guys 38-year old Titus O'Neil and 35-year old Darren Young in a feud with 34-year old Kofi Kingston.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

We have TNA to credit for any remotely recent Goldust stuff anyone liked, because TNA showed Dustin 'oh my god what has my life become'.

Alternately, TNA won the long game because we indirectly have them to blame for Stardust.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

epitasis posted:

okada is 27 lol

He was 22 when Tanahashi beat him and went "YOU ARE HEREBY CURSED TO GO TO TNA"

He was 23 when he returned and got his revenge.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

Lethal Lockdown 2010 is worse than Jeff Hardy being too stoned to wrestle and the villanos being old and immobile. It is a powerfully stupid match.

Not even the worst finish involving Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and TNA in 2010.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Alain Post posted:

Someone can contradict me, because I'm just making GBS threads this out from the top of my head, but I'd guess that most of WWE's fanbase has not watched any wrestling promotion outside of WWE, at least since the death of WCW.

If you discount TNA this is probably true, but at its peak TNA was getting 1.4-1.5 million viewers a week (peaking at over 2 million for Hogan's debut quarter-hour). I think most of WWE's fanbase has seen at least some TNA and then went 'oh wow what a minor league act thank god for Raw'.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Darren Young is over 100 spots higher than Titus.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The rules are to qualify you need 20 matches in a year or to have had one match in 7 different months, so Brock doesn't qualify. Jericho works tons of house shows.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

On one hand, the PWI 500 is stupid and dumb and lame.

On the other hand:

473 Rip Impact

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

I'll remind you that a Jericho/Stephanie fanfic that has been published every single week since the early 2000s is still going and has literally hundreds of installments.

I believe that fanfic is among the top 10 longest written works in human history.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The longest novel ever written is 1.2 million words, according to wikipedia.

According to a google search, that Smash Bros. fanfic has over 4 million words.

We're not going to hell when we die, we're escaping it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

If someone was going to beat Henry Darger in word count it was going to be someone's fanfic just surprised it was smash bros and not mlp

Smash Bros. encompasses anime, little boys, and furries. It is the ultimate collection of potential terrible.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

I actually don't know anything about TNA's match quality the past few years since it's so overshadowed by everything else but I'm going to assume a match with Lashley and Bobby Roode wasn't anywhere close to a 4+ star match in any universe

According to profightdb Lashley/Roode's past matches have been in the 3.5-3.75 range. Had the BFG match been in front of a crowd that cared then I could see it getting 4 stars. As it stood it ended up being the one match on the show that was better than 'ok' and also the one match that didn't feel like it went 4 minutes too long.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RZApublican posted:

If TNA is based in Nashville and the event in question happened in North Carolina, then why is he filing an injunction through a circuit court that only covers Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin?

He may mean the seventh circuit court of Florida, which covers Orlando.

No, this doesn't really help.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aurain posted:

Now do one for Mick.

"So Mick cones out, and he's painted like the joker, right? He gets on the mic and screams for Viscera to show up and get what's comin to him. Viscera's music hits, and they are having a stare off. And then...all their clothes fall off. They try to cover up, but its too late...I've seen everything."

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Baron Corbin: secret incest love child of Undertaker and Kane is the most Vince McMahon angle ever.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

It sounds stupid in a vacuum, but there is no way I wouldn't mark out for a wrestler riding an armored tiger to the ring.

Also I just learned there is a He-Man movie in the works so it might actually be topical.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 12, 2015

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Pre-determined is so much better that WWE and New Japan have determined that the only way for them to make money is by slashing the cost of their product.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Vintage stupid wrestling fan opinions:

I know you think the Fabs are bad, but the topic isn't for goon stupid opinions.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You say that like TNA wouldn't take him back ASAP and probably give him more money and a bigger push for being a former WWE Superstar.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DJExile posted:

SOmeone needs to explain the value of the TNA tape library to me because there are like 4 matches in TNA's history worth watching, and they're all on youtube.

The TNA tape library has almost a decade of stellar Kurt Angle matches as well as a lot of Sting material, which alone would probably be enough to sell enough DVDs with the WWE machine behind it to easily outdo the cost of the library.

Then after that you can sell DVDs where WWE makes fun of TNA constantly, which would probably also draw more money than TNA has ever made in their life.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RZApublican posted:

And then John Cena gets drafted over to TNA :aaaaa:

The best Bryan and Vinny TNA rant was the one where Bryan listed all of the absurd star power on Impact during the Monday Night 'War', then listed the 'stars' of NXT like David Otunga, pointing out how unbelievable it was that Impact was failing to match NXT's viewership, concluding with "Who else are you going to get? John Cena? That's not going to happen!" with Vinny gleefully adding "And it wouldn't matter!"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Way late but:

He actually played for Georgia Tech and he was loving terrible. I don't think he was ever a starter.

We're still gladly claiming Goldberg, who actually started in college and got playing time in actual NFL games.

Google-fu tells me he was apparently first team all-ACC as the #1 vote-getter at DT his senior year.

http://www.goduke.com/pdf3/53434.pdf

Admittedly Reggie Ball got an honorable mention so this says nothing about how good Roman was.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mods change my name to Alberto Del Queero.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Germansimp posted:

He once trended on Twitter when Matt Hardy debuted on Impact.

It cannot be overstated how amazing this was. Tyler Reks' existence was justified by this moment.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Either way you have to respect dog.

Love him or hate him, you've gotta pet him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Eric Young was a perfectly fine wrestler who was regularly put in really, really, really awful angles. He'll be a solid veteran for NXT.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

If TNA had any act that sold as much merch as New Day they'd be solvent.

(Side note: I keep forgetting who TNA actually still has on their roster.)

If TNA had any act that could sell as many PPVs as WWE does in the Network-era, they'd be solvent.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Alaois posted:

"unfortunately"?

Obviously the person correctly thinks Heath Slater should be WWE Champion.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cass is exactly the kind of talent goons would fall in love with and then pretend they never liked anything about him years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

the wellness policy is very clear that any evidence of purchase/use of banned substances is a violation regardless of whether or not wwe conducted the test. Billy Gunn was fired for failing a drug test at a bodybuilding competition.

Good old anti-gay WWE rearing its head.