Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

they do realize that most of the stuff for Discovery has been taped and in the can for at least 6 months, right?

Of course they don't. They honestly think Discovery is going to randomly slot them in on ALL their stations rather than just DA because...I dunno.

The idea that Discovery is going to promote the poo poo out of TNA is funny to me, because no one I've talked to on or offline even knows this channel exists or can name a single program from it.

That said, there's lots of space on DA between multiple marathons of United States of Porkchops or whatever so they probably will give them more shows than just Impact. A reality show has always been Dixie's dream and they could well get one here if they can produce it cheaply enough.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This whole discussion thread is full of Chris Regal making some asinine points. I don't feel like capping it all.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I don't think advertisers really care how many PPVs people are buying, they probably just don't want to be associated with dumb hillbilly stuff like pro wrestling.

They absolutely do care that the property they're selling their product on inspires people to buy stuff. If TNA can't sell their OWN product, how are they going to sell Slap Chops or whatever advertisers they get on Impact?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Edit: Big name advertisers buy ads on all sorts of stuff like NFL and Duck Dynasty or whatever, they don't sell PPVs. I'm not sure what selling PPVs has to do with selling ad time.

NFL and Duck Dynasty both move merch and both have viewership in the multimillions. They've proven their ability to a) draw a LOT of eyes to their product and b) sell things to them. TNA does a mediocre job of a) and a terrible job of b). An ability to sell PPV's shows both, but a lack of PPV's can be excused if they draw people - specifically people willing to pay for things - to their product in other ways, if that makes sense.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TL posted:

Are any of the TNA true believers making GBS threads on Sting now?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mods, I'm willing to take WWE NetWorth or the WWE Welfare Zone.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

I like the idea that TNA has Vince scared now.

He hired Sting out of desperation (and didn't use him for almost a whole year)! Dixie's got him on the run, what with his failing NetWorth bringing the whole company down.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

super macho dude posted:

These people on TNAsylum are worse than Holocaust deniers.

Maybe someone (rovert?) that's more into the fandom than I am can explain the deal with TNAMecca and TNAsylum. From what I can tell, TNAMecca is a site that consists of people that left TNAsylum when guys like Garrett Kidney and Talon began posting columns that were the slightest bit critical (and I mean very benign criticisms couched in, you know, reality) of TNA.

TNAMecca is where you go for the real crazy, but there's a lot of that on TNAsylum too. They both seem to hate TNAInsider but I can't read that site for its disgusting layout.

e:

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 25, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hey TNA Mecca what did you think of the Vince interview?

"flop and bum"

"Hawk Huggins"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

keevo posted:

I'm surprised that they weren't excited at being name dropped by Stone Cold and coming to the conclusion that their ratings would go up because everyone would look them up and blah blah blah.

This is the senior moderator of TNA Mecca.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm making this my desktop background.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

that'd be a pretty good forums name

I'd like 'Blood Goatee' please

e:

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 3, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ahaha wow, I thought the first one was mind-blowing but then I watched the second. Beautiful.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

See guys? TNA is essentially a rehab facility with some occasional wrestling.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

A review of the Bull Dempsey Baron Corbin feud

SuperMechaGodzilla discovers NXT

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

This is my wrestling-related dream.

Same, but with Chikara or DDT instead of NXT. What does Zizek think of Yoshihiku and why is he a metaphor for class warfare?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gender Studies With Noodles

Nom De Plume's Graphic Design 101

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Jesus Christ the TNAMecca people are delusional :stare:

I see no evidence to support th...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nah this is Oatman for sure:

(I can't find any context for this comment at all)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Okay come on, which one of you is this

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Destination America just crushing it with the TNA promotion. Billboard in Times Square? Pfft. How about MULTIPLE COMMERCIALS DURING SWAMP LOGGERS BAY-BAY

If they're running commercials with that frequency, that tells me they think the average TNA fan actually lives in a swamp. Looking forward to the TNA debut of Lagoona Blue.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Let's dissect the term 'Cena Sucks'.

Reminder that the Hunt For Willow segments featured Rockstar Spud doing pratfalls in blackface.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can someone please perform this song on Youtube for a Rumble toxx? I'll sign up to do it but I haven't lost a Rumble toxx yet.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Katy Perry isn't even dead and she's spinning in her grave

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Scott Keith's Blog of Doom

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dsriggs posted:

At its best, Raw has about 20 minutes of good stuff in a 3 hour card. The terrible far outweighs the good.

This was objectively untrue for about 75% of the year.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

On TNA's return to the Impact Zone:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

There's a lot of delusion on that forum but Jesus Christ that has to take the cake for the most delusional thing I've ever read from there.

See, AJ, Hogan, and Sting leaving had nothing to do with them wanting out. In fact, it was Dixie's brilliant financial acumen to save the company from certain disaster.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gorilla marketing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

that's long-winded but there's nothing overly stupid in there

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Even Court Bauer thinks that CM Punk will return to wrestling in some fashion.

He probably will, eventually. That's different from thinking this entire saga - podcast, staph infection, UFC contract and all, is a work.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

context: Bobby Lashley got cast in some movie

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Which is telling, considering people still occasionally chant ECW at Paul Heyman.

They even still chant it in TNA, to Tommy Dreamer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ring of Hemroids:

it's like the fat guy equivalent of a viking burial:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Brock straight up tells Vince he's going to UFC to negotiate a contract while contracted to WWE, couldn't Vince just say "have fun and see you in court"?

And the usual Mets knob-gobbling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

It would be contract tampering but for some reason wrestling companies are really slow to go after that.

Wouldn't they be a little more zealous just because it is Brock? Or would that make them less likely to pursue it?