Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can't believe AEW hired Low-Ki, hired the booker of that match, and bought Evolve after using it as a feeder league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

cackling like a maniac rn

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'd resub to WON for the Davebituary about him, that's about it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've been to a TNA house show in that exact same building when they had Angle, Sting, AJ, etc and there were maybe 500 people there. I think less, actually. the floors weren't full and none of the stands were open.

E: to be fair I've been to WWE house shows at the Ricoh too and they probably drew about the same as AEW is, but they had no hard cam and no stage.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 20, 2024

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The two things I remember from that TNA show:

1. Mr Anderson doing the 'mic comes down from the ceiling' schtick but there was no rig above him with the mic so he just pantomimes the entire thing while trying not to laugh

2. The most over person on the show was Earl Hebner

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

apophenium posted:

And is #STOPtheRIHO in the room with us right now?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is Meg another Leslie alt?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If we can't trust "Boney Danza" we are truly lost

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They should run an event in the Traitors house

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lmao

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Look if you don't want to see JD Drake doing the Whirling Candy I'm sorry but you're a cop.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

shiksa posted:

u just gotta implement it into her character, of course she sounds rehearsed and overmeasured she's the CEO. she's not relatable, she's not in touch

sure, its a heel gimmick but I didn't choose it lol

The Bucks are already doing that gimmick!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Why didn’t they just have Kurt angle come out, he was a proud member of the shield

Shield member HHH was also right there

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shard posted:

If Jack Perry said the N word, Punk had no choice.

There's no context or anyone reporting that Jack invoked Nemeth.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sadly, in the end, the real struggle session was with himself.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TinTower posted:

Gareth is suddenly an expert on data protection law:

https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1778425398612689295

lmfao this ambulance match chaser in the replies

https://twitter.com/StephenPNew/status/1778528435167715543?t=7wPrsO9GHJU_StIoKrIalQ&s=19

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Rhea is a goon? nice

Not anymore. She used to post as 'Pick'

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Or better still, "how much money would they have had to offer you to not think their product was cheesy"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It does. I understand his inclination to do whatever Sting wanted to close out his career but Flair made no impact on business or even the story and never looked like he was even halfway interested in being there, and now AEW is stuck with this branding on their show until whenever the contract runs out. It was a bad decision that I hope he doesn't repeat.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dave being both a shell of a man, a mere pea, washed and irrelevant but with the ability to destroy a whole industry.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That guy sucks, but mostly because I can't stop singing Stone Cold Oh No to the tune of Chris Hero's NXT theme

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

a dumb moron posted:

I hope Brian Last falls down a well

"Did this feel like a big deal or just another guy in a hoooooole

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That's just what happens when you cut open the maple leaf in Ukraine, Manitoba.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Canonical Mexican Punk bringing back the mariachi getup for Backlash Mexico

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Hulkamatt was going through old posts and wanted to remind us all of this TNA Mecca All Time Classic.

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure it came out that Angela was catfishing that forum and was not remotely who she claimed to be. What a marvelous honeypot of neurosis TNA Mecca was.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rotinaj posted:

You mean to tell me she wasn’t straight edge? And she didn’t eat Pizza Hut?

My god. Someone would just go on the internet and lie?

She had a whole backstory with a husband and she would often tell stories about working at a deli counter at a grocery store, often relating them back to TNA. Right up there with Chris Regal and his multiple identities, one of which has an active role in the Hillary Clinton 2016 campaign.

I wish I still had access to the F4W board, all the Mecca threads there were full of this stuff.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris Regal claimed multiple wild things, including that, prior to faking his death and resurfacing under multiple identities on TNA Mecca. One of which was his own brother 'George' who once told a story about Regal having a train run on him on a vacation in Greece in one of the weirdest flexes I've seen in my entire time on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Writer Cath posted:

Kevin Mangosteen push incoming.

He's Kevin Mangowens now