Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

man, I'd love to see how over Takeshita would be in WWE in the same amount of time with a similar Win/Loss record

being disappointed in how AEW pushes develop is one thing, but pretending it's even comparable to the void the fed drops everyone into is a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Crapple! posted:

I don't understand at all. I just want to know why Matt had an explosive boot

Matt does crazy shoe stuff in crazy matches

It was a crazy match and Matt was there

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Crapple! posted:

Really Forkboy? Please watch the match and you'll see the difference

thumbtack shoe, very cool

explosive shoe, very cool

watched the match, very cool

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

in my mind the young bucks as characters care about their shoes too much to set up one to explode, but that is probably simply my misreading of their storied characters

they love overpaying for shoes so much that they'll explode one just because they can, and go buy more at above retail

read it and mother effin' weep

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it was probably a bad idea for the top star to become the best in the world at cranky man pressers, from a financial aspect

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

They can always argue that their art is better than the official stuff though.

better argument when it isn't just somebody else's art they're editing, and that artist doesn't want to be part of it

they could also just say they wanted to make a cooler shirt than is available, rather than taking that weird stance that this is somehow a service to Eddie

The337th fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 11, 2023

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it's hard to imagine what could come along and allow BTE to reach the heights it did with the week to week consistency in Daily's Place

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

HORNEY VAPE BRO posted:

Me too tbh that would be a good ep

I used to really like Struggle Session when did Leslie lose it and become Cornette Jr?

his opinions on entertainment were full of contrarian nonsense on there too, this is just the same thing magnified by the depravity of twitter wrestling takes

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Idiots: "he looks like a washed up rockstar"

Geniuses: "he looks like a washed up rockstar lmao"

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

They're gonna have to bring him back with some instant storyline/character heat for him not to get cheered

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

little munchkin posted:

His promos are so loving mid and if you didn't already love him from his work elsewhere (I had never seem him before aew), I have no idea how you're supposed to care about his "aww shucks, you really do love me here in *long pause* [CITY NAME]." routine that he only diverted from one time to name drop David Zaslav of all people.

The Samoa Joe match and the FD match where he was working heel were pretty good though ngl

This is legit.

My wife was aware of the Punk hype for promos/character work when he showed up, and then all she got was returning legend Punk that ultimately transitioned into backstage drama Punk. Needless to say, she was never won over to how special he could be before things went to poo poo.

Other than witnessing how much the fans cared second hand, it was not a good way to understand why he was such a big deal, and The Pipebomb promo/Money in the Bank '11 magic isn't quite the same if you weren't there for it in the moment.

It was ironic and funny for him to ultimately land on a bizarro-Cena character having a love-hate relationship with the fans, but much like that entire Cena era, it just made me feel like both the character and wrestler was being held back by such a compromised role.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

If it makes you feel better, a lot of us here including myself were around for all the Punk stuff that made us like him and now we all hate him just as much as anyone else :shrug:

lol, this was me

being very self assured that my wife would figure out how great ol' Punker was eventually and instead I joined her in wanting the dude off my screen

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

We already have RJ City

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Brut posted:

Is there a reason you're randomly sniping at someone who hasn't posted in this thread in like a year and a half?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

in front of 7 people in bumfuck nowhere for We Don’t Flyer Our Shows Wrestling.

isn't this just NWA

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

There's more fun to be had at Lance Storm's expense than awkward dancing

Like a librarian gimmick

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

those alt right bigots hate nothing more than seeing a lefty landlord get ahead

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

love to go to work and terrorize both my boss and kids half my age

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Timeless Toni Storm is the best part of AEW right now

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, because watching a wrestling promoter media scrum is about as interesting as watching a 30 minute HHH segment that opens Raw in the early 2000s

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

what was the silliest grocery item that Booker sold for in the brawl with Stone Cold

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Pylons posted:

Jim is right

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

beepo posted:

It's certainly a creative move.

Edit: My very amateur weightlifting experience makes this move irk my sensibilities, so I am going to be annoying here. The Cash Man manages to launch ~160lbs in the air from behind himself, which in kayfabe, would be powered by crunching his abs and one arm awkwardly reaching behind his own head. The opponent is also being rotated during the explosive "toss" in the air with their head as the fulcum, which would probably result in a major neck whiplash that is worse than the slam itself.

WHATAMANEUVER!!!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

On The Internet posted:

Imagine going to a sports entertainment show with and a wrestler interacting with someone in the universe. How cringe!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Sega 32X posted:

My wife hates Eddie Kingston because she hates having to deal with that kind of dude in real life, I love him because I kind of hate having to deal with that kind of dude in real life (and have had to due to a lifetime of bar work so I root for bums like him to finally figure poo poo out).

She also doesn't like Danny Garcia (but is coming around on him due to Daddy Magic), so I suspect her Ontarian hatred of NY state accents might figure into things.

How often does your wife encounter wrestling's greatest promos irl

The337th fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 25, 2023

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Any dumbass anywhere saying that AEW needs to hire Russo to fix their company needs to be bombarded with these images until they log off forever.

any dumbass saying that would think this material's gold

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

the dumb takes really lose something when they're so blatantly a work

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

just do a twitter that roleplays as Cody and/or Punk's dogs and talks endless poo poo about Tony Khan via the worst dog puns

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Skios posted:

It really can't be stressed enough how much the BBQ Pit Boys being millionaires is proof that if there ever was a loving God, He turned his back on us a long time ago. The lead pit boy looks like he's been dying slowly for about fifty years but still keeps going. They absolutely obliterate anything they try to cut with those ridiculous knives of theirs. They're Epic Meal Time without any self-awareness, humour, or basic culinary skill. Everything has to be dumb with those big loving knives, including stirring, flipping, spreading... and they're just as poo poo for that as for any kind of basic cooking. That's not to mention the stale baked goods involved in anything they do involving buns, or the fact that the meat they use is often halfway brown by the time they take it out of the package, or the fact that they stick their grubby, disgusting fingers in everything. I don't know what's more insulting. When they get decent ingredients that they completely annihilate with their gross incompetence, disgusting food hygiene and lovely knives, or if they use already poo poo ingredients and pass it off as some sort of renegade culinary wizards. And did I mention these guys are from loving Connecticut? They're loving larpers, growing their lovely parasite and lice ridden beards so they can pull in the Duck Dynasty crowd.

I really have zero interest in food youtube, but you're making this sound so bad that I'm drawn to watch it

sorry about the next million I'll be contributing to

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

alright, yeah, the meat mashing bit was fairly gross and teh whole thing is very loving silly, which doesn't surprise me that it's a hit

they did point out that you gotta tip your pizza driver, so that's something

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

coconono posted:

Vince McMahon is a Harvey Weinstein cosplayer

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

How did people not immediately see that Caster wasn't actually clever enough to walk the tightrope of dropping sick burns on people in modern wrestling

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Antifa vs blm isn’t even how it happens in the real world

Why would that have stopped him from some tasteless feud anyways

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Remember when DX feuded with the Nation and decided it'd be a very cool and smart idea to come out in blackface on national television?

How could we forget the #7 Moment in Raw history

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Miching Mallecho posted:

"I just think we can work this into an angle if you're going to be leaking stupid poo poo for no reason"

Is what I'm imagining set old Brooks off, but we'll never really know anyway.

since he was the original leaker, was he telling himself this in the mirror, op?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

There's also the little thing of having that take while working for a company that's literally just a multi-generation inheritance

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Dallas Cowboys fan, somehow has never seen when NFL players do everything they can to casually no sell getting tackled to psych out the other team

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

that is particularly pathetic, lol

yelling how they obviously won't be watching the product while being there in attendance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

When did you stop attending intergender wrestling with your wife?