Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

El Generico posted:

This is correct and I'm dumb!

your not dumb just mistaken :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

[5.0] "adequate plus one. not as good as their counterparts but good in their own right. Influential. Over in their territory. Limited success. Has a ceiling."

[10.0] "Great output both together while teaming and both face and heel and when facing each other. Compare their tv ratings in Japan vs say the AE TV ratings in the US they got almost every week got three and a half times the rating week on week that any us ever in the the US even at their Hottest. In their three year their avridge viewership was around 22.5 million viewers [ this does not in fact go in my rating its just interesting Point.]"

the crush gals second one is funny not wrong

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Jerry would be among his people

lmao

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Elton John would get the bad bunny pop brother

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

terry funk was the goofiest seller. i watched him vs Lawler from 1980 the other day and he was rubber legging 80 percent of the match. Hes the best ever for a reason.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

more than one angle a year killed wresting

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

legit one of the worst ideas ive ever heard

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

super macho dude posted:

She Pre-woke on my Bix until I be interrupting everything Kris say on Between on the Sheets

lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

bloodline but with jinder and his goons

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the rankings were too good for wrestling fans unfortunately

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Didn't one of the NL dudes win a contest involving the AEW mobile game and get to book Luther in a match/go to an AEW taping?
Does this guy get fuming mad and write to inform Vince everytime they play fire pro or make an AEW guy in a wwe game?

no it was cmpuls3 but he is nl adjacent

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

his shoe just malfunctioned. its very rare, only happens in 1 out of a 10000000 super kicks

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat rush was shooting that whole match what a cool wrestler

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

booker t and kanyon got some time might have to watch that

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Sega 32X posted:

I haven't watched the show tonight yet, but my son is 8 and knows nothing about NJPW and is insanely into us going to forbidden door, and even made an "advent calendar"with his mom where they had entries like "look up a Japanese wrestler you saw on the show tonight". Whenever someone new debuts he either asks me about them or wants to look them up on Google, and he doesn't even make it through all the matches. It makes me sad that these twitter dudes have so little joy and wonder about what they watch that they imagine some hypothetical casual fan that somehow also gives up on learning easier than a hyperactive 8 year old.

absolutely adorable kid

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

do time buys even happen anymore? It feels so out of the 80s/90s

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

syzpid posted:

I stumbled upon one of those Sportsters list articles about guys who were over in the 80s but wouldn't get over today. It had Andre on the list, claiming if he was alive today he would just be a poor version of Omos. IMHO Andre had an air about him that none of the monster guys have gotten right since. Even broken down Andre was still a spectacle. That's without saying that before his body started breaking down he could move around the ring pretty decently.

I think worst case scenario it would be harder to protect his mystique like they used to by shuffling him around territories and pretending he was undefeated or never body slammed. I think it says more about today's booker's if they couldn't get him over.

It's 100% a booker thing, if you cant get over Andre The Giant its time to sell that promoters license.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Nickelback is good

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

don't understand not being hype for two guys who never wrestle each other getting to do so.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i remember getting two sweeted a few times in a bar when i was wearing a bc hoodie like 7 years ago. Nobody bought me poo poo though >:(

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

lol i remember listening to that back in 2004.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

forever

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

When I was briefly on r/SC I saw that, it's so sick. I do a lot of similar things with VHS tapes myself and my analog modulation projects and wrestling really hits so, so different on a CRT. The best. :allears:

i strongly believe wrestling belongs in 4:3 and grainy

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

benoit only did like 11 moves.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Sisal Two-Step posted:

https://twitter.com/TheCoachrules/status/1676634076206485504

i'll wear my wrestling shoes any day of the week, "coach"

i feel like there is actually a very famous popular wrestling show that aired at 6:05 every Saturday night. But im just an idiot

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

People do not want to accept skepticism that Moxley probably didn't watch Desperado in Mexico.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1677060660235051012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1677075942697582594

can i request a rundown of this mox and desparado thing

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thank you brother

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

CrossFaceX wrote on 03.03.2023:
[0.0] "Tony Khan is the worst promoter in pro wrestling history, even worse than Vince McMahon. For Example, he didn't handle about CM Punk and The Elite incident properly and consequently he didn't fire Punk. Even Punk has all responsible about this incident, he didn't fire him because of ratings and mercahdise sales. What if Hunter or Vince do in this situation? Probably fire him without hesitation. Not only that, the AEW's ridiculous storylines, boring shows, people who don't get the opportunity, his blunders are countless. Tony Khan is responsible for all this AEW has become like this."

TheDeviantPro wrote on 06.10.2022:
[2.0] "Terrible booker. Dude can't book matches with a good build up without doing multiple rematches, countless inference or nonsensical booking. His booking of the women's division is just terrible. AEW's weekly rankings has become pointless nowadays as Tony just books number one contender matches, tournaments and battle royales instead rather then using a ranking system for that sole purpose. He's also shown not to a good boss with backstage fights and heat between talent seamlessly increasing on a weekly basic. He needs to stop being a mark and stop trying to be best friends with his talent and start being a actual boss that's not afraid to put his foot down. Anyone who gives Tony higher then a six is just kidding to themselves to thinking that Tony is a good boss or booker, when he's none of those things."

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that was the Political Hit times too

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

How is claming his right of ownership? Did he take the picture? Publish it? Scan it?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

My favorite Ryback memory will always be the bizarre youtube channel he used to have that seemed to mostly be him filming random things he saw and breathing heavily. The best one was just him wandering around a Target yelling his theme and getting close ups of merch with his face on it

him going through the drive through blasting his music. Its feeding time!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i only care about superkicks and cte busters

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

heres all his response i think the end is the best

What have they done with him? Challenger for the world title? No. Main event scene? No. Challenger for the TNT championship? No. Challenger for the international championship? No. Oh, wait, I know! He was a tag team champion. But, only to break up the team. You are also misunderstanding me. The guy is talented, but AEW has really not done much with him. WWE also had him in the wrong situation. The big issue with him is his ego. This guy thinks he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread and that type of mentality does not get you far.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

hes right, dusty was too ugly to be codys dad? i think thats what the're saying

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

post hole digger posted:

vince announces 600k stark raving romaniacs at the texas mungofuck dome -- probably close enough. ill update the wiki
tony claims 85k attendance at wembley -- what does it mean to 'attend' an event, i mean to truly be present at it? han-shan once said that 'how did i get here? my heart's not like yours. if your heart was like mine, youd be here. whenever i see people, i only say "aim for cold mountain"'. i think ticket takers work the same way

lmao

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

there were like 17 promotions in japan all based on what if wrestling was real and they almost all DIED!!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Bonk posted:

Not taking any argument seriously from a guy who pretends his sharpie is a microphone.

Right?!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hangman Adam Paige

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thats a snug rear end kick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

TinTower posted:

Honestly, Survivor Series was the bigger draw unless you’re ride-and-die anti-fed.

Honestly don’t know what WBD were smoking when they gave Tony Saturdays for Collision knowing full they’d be going up against a WWE PPV about 20% of the time.

Warner should give us more wrestling imho