Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The_Rob posted:

It loving rules. It’s an insane cage of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Not at all, good effortpost. It's always been something I'm interested but for the longest time I'd run into weird gatekeeping fans who hoard their knowledge like precious gems.

always ask your wrestling questions itt 1st, one of the 20 of us who watched old stuff will answer gladly in depth and with some friendly banter sometimes.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

an event so nice she said it twice

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Just run a personal website and post on dead internet forums. Have a Discord server to watch old wrestling with online friends and have at least one in-person PPV buddy. That's all you really need. If I wanted to expose myself unbidden to bad opinions I'd just read Erin M. Fiasco's posts!!!!!

i could not agree more having a few people i watch dynamite with that i can talk to is a god send.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the show was very fun with quite a few matches worth checking out.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lamuella posted:

I suppose the question for me is this: what are people suggesting AEW should do to be a better partner?

buy njpw off bushiroad and give it to me

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dave is arguing on twitter again...
good someine has too

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Sometimes people ask "how stupid is this giant idiot???" when takes are posted in this thread.

https://twitter.com/TheRajGiri/status/1757054197982273800

It would take Raj almost a week to read The Cat in the Hat during his current accelerated reading program.

in order to build a reading habit start small imho. I try and read at least 10 pages a day (more often much more).

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dave meltzer has done unimagiable damage with the star rating

hes the fuckin king of this dirt sheet poo poo

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

with glee!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

note that all thise cornette booked periods are some of the worst ever.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

there have been 13 instances of character building in wrestling over the past 70 years.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

who is that next to cole

thats a picture of Adam Cole in nxt

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lid posted:

I think it's more that, if you remember the build to Forbidden Door I especially, the show ground to a halt for weeks amd it became exhausting to watch. It's forgotten as the pape was incredible but the lead up was terrible and went on forever.

no he just hates njpw

https://x.com/WrestleSnark/status/1760755427363717372?s=20

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i agree btw njpw gtfo

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

When I first started getting into American rap I was a real big fan of Ice Cube but maybe he and his dipshit son should have just stayed in the 90s. Maybe I should've got into Wu-Tang Clan instead of NWA first.

Amerikkkas Most Wanted is still a classic

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that is pure strain pro wrestling and it rules

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

there is no recording of louder wrestling fans than when Inoki is whoppong rear end in 80s njpw

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

now-bygone anti-aew grifter GirlOnCinema was one of these, i remember randomly being recommended one of her videos by youtube and when i looked at her channel it was a lot of movie reviews with maybe a couple hundred views each and then when she started making wrestling videos the first one or two were evenhanded about aew and then her first overtly negative one about it had thousands more views lol

shes back doing depressing video content https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Z2VX9u7Isjk

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Now now, they may also be going off an episode of The Sopranos.

its also a plot point in multiple Law and Order episodes

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

cm punk got paid a bunch of money to just do one of his hobbies/dreams and in losing in humiliating fashion kept himself in the public eye. im very jealous of his grift

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

lotta jealous people on this page

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Fair enough. Lets see how it plays out.

mg god you are so loving LAME

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DOOM ruled

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

is that guy like 8 years old, what is this crisscross applesauce kiddy talk?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

current wwe is Corman fantastic four, not for public consumption

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

current wwe is Corman fantastic four, not for public consumption

sorry i ment all wwe

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i feel bad for sad dog kevin kelly

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

rip PWG the best promotion of all time.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

he should have said heat action

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Drakkel posted:

I am begging this people to please describe what "Psychology" means in wrestling without just saying "They move really slow" or "They work the leg"

psychology is when the match makes sense. Like the ref calling rope breaks in a falls count anywhere match or the wrestlers not knowing the rules of the match. If you can pass that bar your match has perfect psychology.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I was not expecting to be looking forward to the elite being made up of Okada, the Bucks and Jungle Boy

And yet I am hopeful that will be done well

the new 4 horsemen

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Trying posted:

the purging of the wrestling move lists on Wikipedia was the worst violence against human knowing since the burning of the Library of Alexandria imo

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

skill problem, im a wiley coyote style super genius and i love wrestling

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

RandolphCarter posted:

Probably his gross arms

lets not body shame The Giant Baba

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I have thought that Ospreay winning the title this year is the wrong play. Do a big Legend vs Ospreay match this year at Wembley then do a year long build to him winning it next year. Especially since with the lay out this year they can't sell as many tickets as last year. #Nastyism.

Osprey vs Nigel instant sell out once announced

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Seams posted:

Oh so now they’re happy to google information when a new guy turns up on tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

little munchkin posted:

lol at that geocities page being the end result of a multi-year attempt at finding success as a content creator. at least he found a way to re-use that picture of himself

this week in aew just as long as dynamite lmao