Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Bhester posted:

I, too, agree that a throwaway segment with Ethan Carter III and Rockstar Spud searching for Jeff Hardy's alter-ego was just as good and important as a huge aspect of Stone Cold's ascension to the top.

In their defense, those segments were rather funny. In their anti-defense, nothing that happened in TNA has ever been important in any positive way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Nystral posted:

Who is Spoony and why are his forums a festering pile of poo poo?

Reviews movies and video games and stuff, yells, sometimes reviews wrestling shows. And pretty much every forum is poo poo because people are.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Nystral posted:

Unless I'm counting wrong Big E Lang-Ston is four syllables and can easily be made into just Big E for an easy two syllable name

Big E lost his last name over a year ago. He's just Big E for no reason.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They hired the Harris twins, who have ties to Neo Nazi groups and wear neo nazi merch (and have been fired for doing so before).

And at least one has an SS tattoo, as I recall.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Staredown ends with

That little hand to her chin pose mid-fall gets me every time.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Revenant Threshold posted:

Everyone that's on NXT that's a poor worker is a poor promo. The only exception I can think of was Enzo, and he's getting decent in the ring now.

It's not that you can't have women who are poor workers promoted as monsters - look at Chyna. It's that WWE for years gave zero shits about a) any level of wrestling ability and b) any kind of consistent booking. And women who were the physical equivalents of someone like Strowman or Ryback weren't ever going to get signed.

They signed one. Then it turned out she was batshit crazy, and had also done some fetish modeling.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

I want a comedy about Enzo and Big Cass buying and fixing up a struggling night club.

I had to read that four times before it stopped saying "strip club." Not sure which I like better, now.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Holy poo poo, I think I have to start taunting him now like I did Fucktrain.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

she's the Psycho Sid of the women's division for better and for worse

No, Sid's promos are fun.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I hung out on TPWW for years before coming here.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

coconono posted:

yeah, motherfucking is a Pence thing

And horses

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

This all reminds me of a thread we had a few years ago where there were several federations all competing to book a better show. I wish I could find it but I'm at work. That was when I first joined WH2K (rip in peace)

It was run by LittleMac, then JoeRules, then I forget who and feel stupid for it. It was all done in TEW, we had an in-game year of WCW vs WWF, then most of a year with ECW added in before it all ran out of steam. I am a bad writer and it took a surprisingly long time before I was told to stop writing stupid bullshit about Dave Taylor and his friend, an actual bear.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

was he the one who quit when they did a spot show in his home country of australia

Sure was. He also injured Brad Pitt during the filming of Troy, and was the fourth or fifth coolest person in Fury Road.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There are literally goons with more ring time

I was looking that up and holy poo poo beasley had a match with nick gage

" 08.08.2019 Game Changer WrestlingFIST Combat Hardcore: Nick Beasley & Nick Lovin defeat Nick Gage & Ron McDonald
GCW/FIST East Vs. West - Event @ Jolt'n & Joe's in San Diego, California, USA"

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Draxion posted:

a cruise ship is basically just a hotel where you can't get takeout, call me when they wrestle on a train

Didn't DDT do that?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

Quote this post with MDK if you think Nick Gage should stab Jim Cornette and all his cop caller fans with a broken light tube

MDK, free every prisoner

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Davros1 posted:

And Jake Roberts. And Tully Blanchard. And Arn Anderson. And Jim Ross. Also Jimmy Valiant and The Rock & Roll Express, who've made appearance(s) in AEW.

And Greg Valentine!

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I'm glad everyone is listing all the lame soaps because these bad takers don't deserve to watch The Young & The Restless. Even though it had a WWE tie in.

David Otunga was on General Hospital in 2014

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

I don't watch a whole lot of dark but is there a lot of blood on it? I feel like on the whole the TV shows are bloodier than the YouTube ones.

People get busted open hardway every now and then. 10 wore that Joker-looking mask for a year or more after he got a busted nose during a Dark match, shaking somebody around in a full nelson with blood pouring through his mask looked badass so they leaned into it. I think there might've been blading during a Janela match once or twice?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Wasn't Marty Jennety the Skunk for a while?

There was a big TEW game on the forum like 2015 or so, monday night wars era, and in that Marty Jannetty got renamed to match poster Skunkrocker because Skunkrocker had apparently annoyed the guy running the whole game at the time.

Fun knowing we had fans

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Give me the TikTok of wrestling where everything is 2 minutes max and go from a match to a promo to a backstage skit

Wrestling Society X

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I think TNA should hire Punk and give him the exact same program they gave Rikishi all those years ago

Entering a world title tournament and walking out on the company before it finishes?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

They're searching for engagement lads, also I have a distinct dislike of those meme characters. I never know what they're supposed to be stereotyping and they give me a massive 4chan stink.

The various wojaks absolutely all have 4chan stink on them, you should never trust anyone who uses them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

apophenium posted:

I been hating Max Caster since the first time I saw one of his entrance raps a couple years ago and everyone was mad at me but I was right