Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Resetera is quite bad but I can't imagine wrestling discourse is a particularly big reason why. Something about it just attracts shitheads in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Were those 'hostage situation :airquote:' comments before or after the new lawsuit information? I guess they probably don't care either way.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm curious about the bad article but not enough to give it a free hit, any particularly stupid arguments?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Extremely lol at any post implying WWE cares about kayfabe anymore or never hires talentless people

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Just like that conspiracy where a bunch of wrestlers were held on a plane by armed men so a rich rear end in a top hat could prove a point to a less rich rear end in a top hat.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's also ignoring that Lashley pretty much always made a fool out of Rusev in-storyline and got away with everything. Yeah, he really had to work hard salvaging his role in that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think you'll find Vince has made sure nobody has this "cool" bullshit, sir

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The guy's twitter feed is such a parody of itself, it's kinda sad. I don't think there's a single official WWE tweet he hasn't retweeted.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
He loving said that in response to the guy mentioning the Jimmy Snuka case. Do these people's eyes just glaze over everything but 'he's saying Vince is bad'?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

MJeff posted:

Aren't they doing a segment honoring Shida and her reign and the fact that she carried the division for an entire year on Friday?

Did this guy just get worked by a heel getting heat?

I feel like this question could be asked about a lot of AEW opinions lately.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You'd think his status as a professional astroturfer for WWE would give Satin even a little bit of self-awareness.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 7, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm sure some smart writers must have at least considered it, made some cursory investigation and then realized the opposite was true.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"I hate this booking." "I HATE that you hate this booking!"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't think he's talking about anything specific, he just wanted everyone to know those darn viewers ruin everything in WWE these days. He made a post a while back about the Montreal Screwjob 'tricking' people into thinking Vince was evil.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://twitter.com/AEWNeckbeards2/status/1416775420846870530

I dunno if someone so clearly malding should be criticizing anyone's appearance

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 18, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's pretty easy if you're a hypocrite, which a lot of leftists unfortunately are.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 23, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like that their argument to defend Vince implies Vince is incredibly stupid and gulllible

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Davros1 posted:

Has anyone pointed out to these people that none of this, NONE OF THIS, would be happening if HHH had simply said "Sure Cody, you stop being Stardust."

That gimmick was gold and Cody couldn't make it work!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think of his white castle

OF FEAAAAR

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"I'm sure they'll just turn him heel soon and make him good", is my favorite part of that reddit post, WWE really has colored stuff for people watching.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The sleeper has awakened, BAYBAY

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think he was trolling actually

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 7, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I guess he doesn't care that much about his son's life after all

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TheKingslayer posted:

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out she was trying to say, "Honey, Sweetie" and not "Honey, sweaty" I was perplexed.

Saying 'sweaty' there is a gag for whatever reason, for what it's worth.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think it originally started as a simple MSpaint reaction image you could edit into whatever, but don't quote me on that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://twitter.com/ThaBirdmanG/status/1457887434113310727

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Has anyone tried to tell those people bitching about the Ghostbusters thing that one of the Face announcers buried it and the match ended with their own bit used to humiliate them?

I know most of them would just reply like Gareth, but I'm curious.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Lid posted:

His article on TBS championship v Queens Crown

Though this tale of two tournaments suggests AEW does a better job booking women, that is not the case at all. In fact, part of the disappointment with the series of enhancement matches that was the Queen’s Crown tournament is WWE’s proven ability to consistently create top female stars at the level of their male counterparts. Bianca Belair, Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, Bayley and Becky Lynch have all ascended to the top of the WWE roster as some of the biggest stars in the company. WWE simply didn’t give the same attention to its midcard women. This has also been the case with male midcarders in WWE whose characters and storylines often lack the depth and consistency of a Roman Reigns, Drew McIntyre or Bobby Lashley.

"This suggests AEW is better at booking women, but actually WWE is. They purposely did not this tournament, as a joke, but they could have if they felt like it!"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Has anyone tried mentioning to these guys saying Cole would have been huge in WWE that HHH felt he had to try to claim he was six feet when he clearly wasn't?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Who's worse on wrestling twitter on average, people with Roman Reigns avatars or Brock avatars?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's bad because AEW, and this is good because it's NXT 2.0, which is better than 1.0 because that failed to kill AEW. It's very simple.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
tbh the only real cringe there is that when/if that doesn't happen he probably won't even mention it, same as that guy who said Big E was gonna shoot right back up. By the standards of all his other posts that's pretty good.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Drakkel posted:

Remember how these people spent months raging endlessly about the Young Bucks and Adam Cole in ghostbusters outfits on the HALLOWEEN EPISODE of Dynamite and they were acting like these guys were coming out every single week doing it?

the heels who got insulted by the face commentator and humiliated by the face challenger at the end of the match, yes

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's more like if a store had a couple types of beans people generally liked and wanted to see get stocked more, but the owners kept shoving them in the back of the shelf, or dropping them on the floor accidentally, or dropping them on the floor on purpose.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like that even in the apology he spins it like calling a PoC a rude nickname because he didn't like his former job could have not been offensive.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Some guy posted a big list of their talent in that convo to prove TNA was an alternative, but yeah, he left out it was booked by Russo for a long while.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There were people Always Badding NXT in general!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I was typing 'well of course, is anyone saying you can be a WWE star in another promotion', and then remembered people have been arguing you can for months.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Danny once tweeted unironically that it's better to be fired than have your contract run out, since WWE was firing people and AEW was letting their contracts run out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They say 'as businessman' FTR should realize those matches would be great, but I'd think as businessman they both know they'd just get shoved into eating more losses to the Usos as soon as possible, especially now they're even higher up on the card than before.