Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

flashy_mcflash posted:

NXT's very afraid of a devastating viewership hit from TNA.

Because NXT are so scared that TNA will overshadow the first ever major WWE show headlined by a womens title match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I cannot condone the cool, cool crime of theft.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Jerry Blackwell: The Sexy Mean Machine

Such a studmuffin

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

oldpainless posted:

But does he pleasure himself to Sasha banks more than I pleasure myself to Big E? Doubtful.

Hmmmm, Sasha does own but Big E has rocking titties.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Naomi really needs to head down to the performance center. Like she has a bunch of potential but she doesn't seem to understand the concept of psychology and needs to develop a new moveset.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 8, 2016

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

ayn rand hand job posted:

I don't even get the football player dig.

There are 3 common athletic backgrounds that pro wrestlers tend to come from. Football, amateur wrestling, or bodybuilding.

Lesnar played in high school and professionally. Rhodes played football in college. So did Austin. Rock. Orton. Funk. Flair. Mongo. Goldberg.

Why on earth is it a negative that someone played football?

The WWE have kinda gone on about his football pedigree even though he only ever made a practice squad. They also talk more about Lesnars achievements as an amateur wrestler and in the UFC than they do about him playing football in high school.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

Double helping today!

Also the second someone freaks out over tumblr getting mentioned on RAW I will be posting it here, cause it will be glorious.

Except Big E is the best member of New Day with Kofi a close second.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Josh Dz • an hour ago
I really think Bryan is only retirering to unfreeze his wwe contract, he recently gave his notice and was told that he couldnt, so now he is retiring from wwe, how to you try to quit to go wrestleand then a few days later, so when his is iut of WWE clucthes, Dixie sign him!!!!

Josh Dz AceRuby • 14 minutes ago
You could have him where is is on screen a lot but inly really wrestles once or twice at each taping, goves hi matches big feel,so he alpears on every impact, but only wrestles seldomly

Yes, because wrestling one or twice a taping will really make those matches seem more important.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Electric Lady posted:

Lots of talk on Mecca about "rebranding" today. Nom talks about some of the difficulties of the same.

Yes, TNA was #1 on the hit list when NXT was created. They stole the X from the X Division. Oh, Nom :allears:

I guess that answers the question that was asked in the TNA thread about how the Mecca will take the reports that the TNA offices are just running out of a basement.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It's not like Lucha Underground is a massively flashy, over the top spectacle that films out in LA or anything like that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I wish that a referee would just go "well, sucks for you" when they pull a swap and it bites them in the rear end.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Alex Riley sent that in.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Like Grado who will main event Slammiversary

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

quote:

Going to piggyback off and kind of repeat a comment from earlier:

Maybe, just maybe, the Harris brothers reformed over the years and realized the error of their ways. If they have, that's great, and I hope they can make that clear and demonstrate that they've turned around from the stupidity of what they were supporting before.

However, there's been tons of reports over the past few months that the Harris brothers are effectively in TNA to tower over people and subtly threaten to pummel them should they demand their payments or attempt to collectively act to get what they've earned from Dixie and corporate. Even if the Harris brothers are now 100% Nazi-free, I would never support anything that could benefit two guys attempting to be 21st century versions of the Pinkerton Detective Agency.

So this post is fine, pointing out that the Harris brothers might not be nazis any more but them strong arming the production staff into not complaining about late pay happened a year ago and it's not something that should be ignored. However....

quote:

They did those things because the company was struggling financially and TNA managment were doing all they could to penny pinch (not saying it's right, but they did it for a reason). I assume this new company has the funds to fulfill everyone's salary, meaning no disgruntled employees demanding money and thus no need to have anyone intimidate them into not demanding their money.

This guy has a tendency to post poo poo like this. It's cool that they intimidated staff into not complaining about late pay because it provides a televised audience for people that aren't in the WWE.

From another thread asking if Hogan is who should be held responsible for TNA's current state.

quote:

Yes. Dixie may be an airhead, but that doesn't give you free reign to con her out of money just to contribute f*** all. Dude was making $30,000 per appearance when that was pretty much the amount that Zema needed for his health scare. If TNA weren't wasting money on that guy, then AJ, Joe, and all the others would still be there and the Nazis would be a non-factor.

He also talks about how Riley deserves better which is pretty eyeroll worthy itself.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's still around and they're as crazy as ever. These two are from TNAsylum though:

Mike Bennett and Derrick Bateman > Cena and Orton. OOOOOOOoookay buddy

I don't think I'd brag about them being the next Cena vs Orton considering the WWE tried to force that match for years and the fans got sick of it after like the first two matches.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MotU posted:

I'm actually Kane

It checks out.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

super macho dude posted:

Also Rusev IS handsome

Both statements are good and true.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

AA is gonna have to spinebuster a motherfucker

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Even the lowest shindies have places where you can buy drinks or snacks let alone either running somewhere with a toilet or renting out a toilet.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

From that same guy:

Goddamn Bliss fans are idiots. The fact that he even took more than a second to think this could be seen as remotely credible is insanely stupid. Also Asuka's in ring character work and acting is some of the best in the company.

Bliss fans are pretty delusional. Asuka's character work is great, she doesn't even need to talk much when she can convey everything in body language.
Meanwhile Bliss has great character work and can talk but everyone gets booked like poo poo against her and her matches aren't believable because she just dominates matches even though she's 5'4 or something like that. It was really noticeable at Survivor Series when she had the bulk of the offence despite Charlotte towering over her.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Titty Master is something Dean wrote on his fist tape at house shows, and the story was it was related to Big E apparently

Big E does have rocking titties so this checks out

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Tired: Getting Jim Cornette fan boys to admit they are racist.

Wired: Getting them to threaten to rape you.

That went from 0 to 100 in a second.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

A play in three parts re: Brie injuring Liv Morgan

quote:

I blame Strong style and indie match influence.

quote:

You know she is pressured to do all this poo poo (work stiff and do stupid spots) because it's the only way internet valuates a wrestler (more a female)

Okada vs Shibata is a disgusting match that gets praised with a million stars,so those are the standards these days.

quote:

I can't with your hypocrisy

Asuka kicks heads all around,Sasha stiffed and broke Alexa nose just because she don't like her,Alexa just got injured against a green Ronda.
You are asking for Meiko to sign, and Shirai and Kairi to be pushed to the moon
And better not start to talk about male wrestlers who actually injured fellow wrestlers like AJ and Seth while you masturbate to Shibata and Minoru Suzuki matches

You talk a lot about EQUALITY but in the end that's only your public face you only want Women Wrestlers photo threads.

And Meltzer was right,accidents happens and better don't you dare to criticize the sub-par WWE Women Division.

And now I'm leaving this place forever.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Aw gently caress, I was recently followed on twitter by that GIF Skull dude after I retweeted Mauro recently about mental health.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Mox says something that isn't glowing praise of Vince in a WOR interview, let's see how SquaredCircle is reacting to it

SquaredCircle is full of loving lunatics that think that saying anything negative about the WWE proves that you're an AEW shill and will just poo poo on the WWE for fun.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

collocation posted:

Like most people, I don't dig being called a weenie, but my post was not a good post.

I hope that the sheer absurdity of this very tangentially related one is more fitting:

my dude, just post the greatest hits of it or something. That's a lot of text in images

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Isn’t wrestling history literally full of racist promoters who still had the business sense to push PoC when it would make them money? Like this isn’t even a unique Vince thing at all right

Plus it's still hella racist to have the POC nearly exclusively working with other POC.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

That’s been true for much of the last year for sure but not right now. Roman’s feuding with Edge/Bryan, New Day with AJ Styles, Lashley with Drew, Asuka with Charlotte Rhea

It's not happening at the moment (probably because Wrestlemania season) that's correct but it's been happening for years now.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Benne posted:

Will Hobbs and Keith Lee have literally nothing in common what the hell :psyduck:

They're both solidly built black dudes? I mean that's literally the only thing in common, Hobbs is more of a traditional powerhouse while Lee is like Cage or Owens where he's so much more agile and graceful then a man his size should be.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1384680172029423617?s=20

:psyduck: So he's not racist, he just doesn't like Joshi for some reason

How long will it take to find out that he's a Cornette fan?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

Quote this post with MDK if you think Nick Gage should stab Jim Cornette and all his cop caller fans with a broken light tube

MDK all loving day

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Is ‘all friends wrestling’ some sort of dopey Conette cult code name for AEW?

Yup, it's apparently an insult because AEW isn't a bunch of assholes backstage trying to ratfuck each other.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

You know how Sasha cited Akira Hokuto as her favourite joshi wrestler? Turns out Hokuto wouldn't have had a career without Sasha main-eventing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

For the second night in a row Mike Kurtz has searched for "horny" and is replying to everyone (including bots) who tweeted they are horny that he is also horny.

Someone should spam him with Horny by Mousse T.

edogawa rando posted:

Speaking of which, lariats are always good and cool finishers, regardless of what variant or name they come with. It's very hard to top a move that is so sublime in its simplicity.

Yup. A lariat is perfect in both simplicity and brutality.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

SCJerk is extremely low hanging fruit because it's a bunch of incels that got chased off of Squared Circle and decided to double down on it. Squared Circle is still pretty poo poo overall because it's pretty much encouraged for people to poo poo on the other company or to treat any criticism as being in bad faith.

RealFoxy posted:

I genuinely don't know what Cornette fans want, they turned on FTR when they went to AEW who were the most Cornette wrestlers in the last 10 years.

I think at the end of the day they don't like wrestling. Or they've been told what was the ideal type of wrestling by Cornette and refuse to engage with anything that he doesn't praise.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It's like an alien trying to pass themselves off as a human.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Hoes mad

Losing their loving mind while Vince took money from the Saudi royal family and ran a show there after they murdered a journalist.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

That account always seems to come back unfortunately

The way they work is that there's a central account that posts the videos and then burner accounts that post the lovely takes and harass AEW talent. So the burner accounts get banned but the original is fine because it's not breaking the rules.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

CIMA had a Smackdown dark match once against Jamie Noble. Clearly AEW only brought in StrongHearts a couple years ago because WWE had him first.

Nah, CIMA was in WCW back in the day, WWE owns WCW so therefore CIMA is a WWE wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Benne posted:

Bray Wyatt won Worst Gimmick twice, Worst Feud of the Year three times, and Worst Match of the Year four times. "Overrated" was the least of his problems.

And he might win worst feud and match this year for his WrestleMania match. I think that Alexa is a shoe in for worst gimmick so that might let Bray get an honourable mention as well.