Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I know it's probably been brought up a zillion times itt but I really don't understand the WWE weirdos. This isn't the same as console wars where most people can't afford to buy every console so they buy what their friends buy and then poo poo talk other consoles because of dumbass consumerist tribalism. Everyone can watch all the WWE and AEW content every week if they have the time and they can also watch content from other promotions if they have the extra time. This poo poo makes no sense to me. Even when I was a complete moron college grad 20 years ago my friends and I would have Monday night watch parties and flip channels between Raw and Nitro and then watch ECW we taped off TV and just had a good time without choosing a promotion to defend for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

What they really need to do is keep teasing a rift between Jamie and Britt but have them always get past it and stay together. Just piss off every idiot fan wanting to telegraph a breakup. Then when people least expect it have one of them turn.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
One or two matches isn't a feud.

Also I kinda wish AEW feuds/programs were longer but I also don't necessarily want the WWE thing where feuds last 6 months.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

lmao is that person blind?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
what does scjerk stand for?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Thanks. They're all stupid

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yes

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

I am laughing my head off but I'm laughing at this tweet

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Takuan posted:

It's amazing how many wrestling fans have no idea how the human body actually responds to pain and physical trauma. Almost as if they're a bunch of softboy nerds who have never experienced real physical hardship.

The business evolves too. A Destroyer used to be an auto win and now it's not. They need to get over it.

Hell back in the day slamming a dude's head against the ringpost on the outside could potentially lead to a countout win. Same with a chair. Now they're just regular things people do. It's fine.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The Mandible Claw was a finisher and all you realistically had to do was bite their fingers to counter it but nobody did because kayfabe. Britt Baker uses a fancy Mandible Claw as her finisher and it owns.

The Head Claw was a finisher. The Sleeper was a finisher for multiple people. Hogan used a goddamn leg drop. Dusty used an elbow drop. Big Show used a punch. Fat guys used splashes. Earthquake just sat on people after hopping around and running the ropes. The Lariat is literally just a clothesline but when Stan Hansen did it it was murder.

Tons of finishers are silly but kayfabe is awesome so gently caress these nerds who take everything literally in this goofy fightpunch theater business.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
For some reason Danielson's face being on the door is hilarious to me

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
jesus christ

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
WWE is actually shows how they are

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Also Riho was the first women's champion and the Lucha Bros just won the tag titles from the god drat Young Bucks

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Bringo County Jr.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
failed at what

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I realize that social media wasn't around during the Monday Night Wars but were so many people like this back then too? My friends and I would agree to disagree about whether Nitro or Raw was the better show any given week but we'd still enjoy both shows, at least until WCW started getting really desperate and crazy.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

It was pretty crazy. The Prodigy BBs and chat were kind of civil but people could get pretty angry and Bob Ryder basically acted as a WCW shill while serving as the moderator.

This is just so weird to me. Me and all my friends were huge ECW fans above WCW and WWF but we still watched everything because that was our shared hobby and it was fun to cook a bunch of lovely frozen pizzas and dunk Doritos into french onion dip while watching the Monday shows and then ECW on tape later.

If I had ever run into someone who was like "ECW sucks and Hogan and the nWo are the best" I would've been like "OK" and then walked away to go do something else because what the hell is wrong with you.

Whenever I read the weirdos that are posted itt I always think back to That Guy who would be at the live ROH shows with the printed out copies of the Observer who would pretend to read it between matches to show everyone how smart they were or whatever and it was just the most embarrassing performative nerd poo poo. It's like That Guy cloned himself hundreds of times and they all have twitter accounts.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 19, 2021

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Is it really weird we had console wars, people get combative over sports teams, car brands, bands, movies, everything.

Consoles cost money so even though console wars are stupid there's at least a monetary investment you're kinda defending. If you have cable then watching wrestling has no additional costs unless you buy every PPV.

Like I have no problem with people expressing a preference for a product they enjoy but then getting super defensive and/or aggressive when a viable competitor shows up makes no sense to me especially when, as I keep being a broken record, you can watch both WWE and AEW and enjoy both.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Just lol if you don’t value your own time.

I'm not suggesting that people intentionally watch a product they dislike on principle

MotU posted:

personally im sick of all the Roman reigns

:eyepop:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Holy moly the takes today

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
:actually: sexual assault victims care what Tommy and Flair did back in the day

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I would never accuse Danielson of lying but I'd really like to know what exactly happened with him that gave him such positive experiences n the WWE as opposed to CM Punk who very clearly had the opposite expoerience.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I legit laugh out loud every time I read one of those dumb posts where some idiot claims that AEW does a bunch of stuff that they don't actually do

They don't push young talent

All their talent is old

Every match is a spotfest full of botches

They don't push minorities

They don't have enough minority representation

Just fuckin literally lmao irl at these dolts who very clearly do not actually watch AEW

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Many citations needed

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

lmfao

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Imagine thinking that any AEW show is a B show

They are all the A show

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Glorious Nippon

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the next line deserves a place with the others. it's a trifecta

dear

sweet

gently caress

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Dave's opinion is just one guy and it's amazing anyone puts so much stock into his subjective ratings

Stop caring

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ItzBonafide/status/1441061460700979200/photo/1

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
He's very clearly just trying to be the Bill Maher of wrestling. The lying provocateur is one of the worst types of human.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Well I learned something today. I learned that there are people out there who claim to be hardcore wrestling fans but who literally can't tell the difference between a WWE style main event and an AEW style dream match. These are people who can't recognize wrestling talent and who refer to their favorite wrestler as a good wrestler simply because they are entertaining.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
These people are mind-bogglingly, stunningly dumb

They remind me of an old friend of a friend that used to watch wrestling with us on Monday nights back during the Attitude era. This guy literally asked us, out loud, to our faces, if we thought that Kaientai were going to chop off Val Venis' dick with a katana. Like, he literally was dumb enough to think that's something that would happen on a wrestling tv show.

Every time I read one of those pudding brain tweets I think of that guy

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

I had a guy like that. The type who would loudly shout catch phrases at you in normal conversation.

OMG he did that too. He would shoehorn Rock and Austin catchphrases into every sentence possible and did DX crotch chops all the time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

The vien diagram is just a circle here OP. There is a type and they are not unique.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all it's just fun to tell stories about idiots

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Private Party screaming is hilarious and awesome what the hell

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

"WCW beat WWE for 83 weeks in the ratings and they've been dead for twenty years. I'm supposed to be impressed by AEW beating WWE for one week? 😂"

If I cared enough about trolling twitter randos I'd post this ironically to see how many people took the bait and agree but instead I'm gonna go play Resident Evil 5

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Well I never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Sydney Bottocks posted:

How dare AEW have their wrestlers do things to generate interest in upcoming shows :mad:

Next thing you know he'll be doing some real rear end in a top hat poo poo like praising the city's sports rivals