Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cult of Pies posted:

Why do women hire hitmen?

I think Bret appreciates It, for one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Guillermus posted:

Yeah, google will put in my history list any video or short I scroll down because whatever reason. Of course I started to diss any WWE video because half of them are from Attitude era channels that hate anything else.

That's cause of the autoplay "feature" that plays videos if you hover over them. You can turn it off in YouTube settings, I only recently found that out

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Who ever could have possibly known that Vince McMahon was a sex monster

Absolutely not his daughter who he was a sex monster toward for decades

I am sure she just was being a good employee, loved her dad, and paid absolutely no attention to who Vince kept around or what he was doing

At least it's only Vince, it's not like she's close to anyone else listed in that lawsuit, can you imagine if she was like, married to Corporate Officer #1 or something?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

And what's with all the people eating bananas! Not to mention the workers carrying glass panes around while the match is on

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I've gotten a friend into wrestling by just taking her to a show at the local promotion. Another by showing her Revolution 2022, she really liked Jericho and the Dog Collar match (and Regal slapping Mox and Bryan)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

What is a two way superstar

Trips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNijlXm3X_I

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1764518621882237036

imbeciles are really working themselves into thinking it's real glass, lol

Cry me a river, cheeseman

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

the upcoming AEW Clog Out pay per view!

What's Malakai Black up to these days?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The D in Detroit posted:

As if these guys would know what the gently caress a Westside Gunn is

An rear end boy?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

And this is on top of the money that TK pays Meltzer, Something Awful LLC, and so on, not to mention all the posters paid to talk up AEW, shame really.

Shard posted:

But he's also making money too so you have to add that in

Clearly not, all the fans at the show are paid actors, so yet more money drain, not to mention them having to buy the tickets from the scalpers to give to the actors, I got it from reputable source @PapaHCookin (the tweet got 37 likes).

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Most Power Alex posted:

It's almost as though professional wrestling was built around fan interaction and reaction until one company found this inconvenient.

I was at my local show today, wearing the newest shirt the guy I support had, and he saw me with it at the second row and reached out to do a handshake, it made me pop big.

He won the match too, going for the Greek Championship, he was on fire.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The D in Daniel Garcia stands for DPRK.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

VideoWitch posted:

who is "Shiny Has him to"?

Shinya Hashimoto?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

-World champion, defended title at the latest pape
-One of the people who challenged for the title at the latest pape
-Successfully defended tag titles, held with a legend, again at the latest pape (main event)
-Recent signing, also had a match at the latest pape, versus another major pickup
-Not sure what Jay White's deal is haven't kept up much, but wasn't at Revolution, isn't he budding with some current champs?
-Recently challenged for the title IIRC
-Not sure
-Current champion with the TV title

-Former champion, very popular, also recent challenger apparently
-Elevated a whatever title to great heights with what's regarded as a great run
-Widely regarded as one of the best tag teams of all time, helped found the company
-Literal GOAT contended

Like yeah I get it engagement bait or whatever, but whom does he want to be pushed? White and Starkz, ok, then you bitch about Julia dropping the belt? Serpentico as champ?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Hoss Corncave posted:

Jay White is currently holding the ROH six man titles with the Gunns, just took out Darby and the Acclaimed, and likely will take the AEW trios titles from them. Billie Starkz has been in a fairly long and fun story with Athena in ROH.

White may not be at the level he should be but I get the feeling he's going to start ascending up the card sooner rather than later.

Ah okay, so out of all that talent we have "current champion on other brand, took out latest tag champions/current champions", and "part of the story with the champ on other brand"

I mean I like Athena and Jay, wouldn't mind a push, but it's not like they're in loving catering right?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Yeah, the talent like Okada is pretty over. How dare you say we should piss on the poor

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Is Christian still doing the milf hunter/dead dad gimmick? Seems right up his alley

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

C. Everett Koop posted:

what you're saying is that it needs to be done by someone over 300 pounds then

I need technology to get to the point where I can watch Vader hit one

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I think I have decent odds against Marvez

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1776389924171980884

Triple H making me take Will Ospreay's side when it comes to Captain Bruv's personal character is a crime unto itself.

Okada needs to do a few years in NXT to grind some reps, he's right.

Hell, the others too, I bet Lexis King could show that scrub Ospreay a thing or two, and Corbin has an easy W against White, gotta pay their dues.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I know when I wake up on a Thursday and there's like 30 posts on this thread I need to catch Dynamite

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

On The Internet posted:

Second guy was actually promoted to head of security

Was the job at Paddy's Pub in Philadelphia, or another subsidiary of Frank's Fluids?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

This has been in my head for hours too.

"reach for my belt, you'll get turned into an example"

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Eat This Glob posted:

but genuinely, i may have done something similar if i started watching by myself without someone to hold my hand a bit and answer my questions about who is who, or why so-and-so just hoofed that guy in the nuts backstage. it's tough to jump into something and have it stick when there's no real beginning, middle, or end to the product

I feel that, ROH and AEW commentary do a good job of catching you up to that. My first show was Revolution 2022 and I could still follow Eddie vs Jericho despite not knowing anything about Eddie, simply out of "Eddie wants respect, this is why they fight"

Or, again with Eddie, the Claudio story. "he doesn't like Claudio, they have beef cause Claudio betrayed him in the past". Gotcha, let's roll.

That said, handholding does help, I know Ibushi showing up wouldn't have hit me as much as it did if I hadn't heard of the Golden Lovers story before. It would have worked, with them telling us he and Kenny are as close as they are, but less so I guess.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Drakkel posted:

The only "storytelling" they understand is when the wrestlers just stand in the ring screaming what the story is at each other.

Also when one of them has a hurt leg, and the other wins by targeting and hurting the leg.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

He said “regular tag partner” and Haku is far from regular

Does he need more fiber in his diet?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

super macho dude posted:

Fat Sheamus rules, the fatter the better imo

Slotted into the Punk spot for storylines now that Punk is injured again

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Partner playfully tries to jump on me on bed, I just walk away and let her crash into the mattress.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

He means Wookiees

Swerve is big on Kashyyyk

WHOSE planet?!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

Someone post the Cody Rhodes burn to Disco it’s so brutal

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/980680154098757632

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Seeing someone praise this finish made me think "Vince Russo deserves his flowers."

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1782927016939106321

Does it count as a 450 if you actually land and then fall on your opponent? Pretty sure that's just a 360 nothing, then a splash?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Who is gonna be the real thought leader who criticizes Tony khan for taking the meltzer driver slash tk driver slash evp driver poorly

C’mon, someone has to be that desperate for clicks

Edit: “if Vince had been taking it, it would have been way better and he would have sold his neck for twenty minutes while screaming”

Wasn't the worst Stunner in history the last bump Vince took?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lamuella posted:

Eh, I see a quarter of a point there. While I personally love "fighting champion" booking, defending the title at every show can make title defenses seem rote, while defending at only big shows makes the individual title defenses seem more important. If what someone is used to is mainstream American booking pre 2019, they will have had years of the product telling them that a title that's defended on TV is TV grade, while a title defended on ppv is ppv grade.

I feel like context and nuance matters a lot here. OC's title being basically an open challenge ruled, and it told an interesting story, and so did MJF doing his best to avoid the match, and putting on bangers when brought to it.

I like some TV defence but it has to be more earned than "I'm challenging you at the pape", and I definitely see the argument for TV defences being "lesser" than pape ones. At the same time, if done right you can do a good beat with a TV match, even a change

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

I refuse to believe this. Even the guys who got banned from the FB meme group for being "ironic" WWE fan trolls and """""ironically"""""" racist wouldn't even pretend to like him

I'd seen a lot of bad bad faith takes on the fb group before Kyle and Sam got banned, but yeah, they weren't that lmao

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TinTower posted:

Kyle and hard cam memes, name a more iconic duo.

Kyle and getting booted for being racist by supporting the corn man

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TinTower posted:

Bloodline brainrot is the worst kind of fedbrain:

https://twitter.com/Legendshadow__/status/1790627367435543011

Ah yes, the 40-minute Cody vs Roman classic, after an open challenge.

And that's the beat part of the tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

haunted bong posted:

Billy Gunn notoriously stopped working with AEW when he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame so it makes sense that…hang on im being handed a note

The one in AEW is Daddy rear end, it's a Hogan/Bolea situation.