Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Edge my Punk hole

clap clap clapclapclap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Big Mutha Truckers 2 posted:

I've sold my username as advertising space to the seminal PS2 classic Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder. This is the way brands are going to win.

It was the right choice. The only choice.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Alaois posted:

people have attributed both Beepie and pape to being originated on BTE at this point, what weird little subforum in-joke will be next

fat cm punk was invented on bte to make fun of him while he was suspended

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The best time I've ever had at wrestling was when I would regularly work shows held in a World War II-era warehouse that was converted into a punk venue. Every show felt massive because the fans were rabid and the action was as in-your-face as it gets despite there only being, like, 70 people there at most. Folks who can't appreciate the intimacy and energy of independent wrestling will never get how fun it can be. It's the secret spice of life.

More recently I went to a show where one of the wrestlers accidentally flipped on the front row but no one got hurt and it ruled because a kid in that row got super into the show and started poo poo chanting every single heel and screaming at them :allears: And one time a friend of mine and Matt Cardona got into a shouting match that lasted so long security had to separate them to make Cardona go to the ring. It was so fun.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It was a very funny tweet where someone claimed that Dixie Carter and TNA never used the Internet to take shots at WWE, in response to someone claiming that people never argued about TNA's ratings when Angle was there.

It's so funny (and aggravating) to see people just be blatantly wrong about an era I was in the thick of, ngl

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

smh Gravity came here from the moon and still is getting used to how our planet works and you do him dirty like this :colbert:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

super macho dude posted:

IMPACT bring back the 6 sided ring and the reverse battle royal ladder match

They already brought back the Reverse Battle Royal for Slammiversary 2022!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

It wouldn't be a Rampage it would be an Xplosion.

lmfao

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The crowd was absolutely loving rabid at that and it made for great atmosphere to an already great match so :shrug:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Dammit! gently caress! gently caress! Dammit! What

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Boy, that first guy must have LOVED Mark Madden!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I too remember when Kendo the Samurai hit the ropes and caused Dirty White Boy to hit a reverse 450 on Bruiser Bedlam, which was a spot Dutch Mantel told him to do.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's so funny but also sad that AEW can put a wrestler and interviewer in front of a camera, say "here is who this wrestler is and what her character is and this is why she is here in AEW" and these people will still somehow claim that none of that actually happened

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's not the movie stuff that gets me. If I hadn't watched Sunset Blvd recently I wouldn't have picked up on the parallels. It's the fact that RJ City and Mariah May turned to the camera and said "this is Mariah May, who wrestled in STARDOM in Japan, and she's a huge fan of Toni Storm, who wrestled for STARDOM in Japan, and she's in AEW because she wants to wrestle the same place Toni Storm wrestles". Like that wasn't even subtext. They said this. It was probably the most blatant debut they've had in terms of immediately making the audience understand who a new signing is.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

imagine LARPing online as Vince McMahon. sad enough, sure, but LARPing online as Vince McMahon and not even being funny about it is pretty amazing

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sometimes the things that are dumb...are also things that rule

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Oh now the first name with numbers guy is gonna preach to us!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah this thread as said in the OP is for posting stuff you found funny, not stuff you got mad at, and shouldn't be used for posting bigoted takes. I don't need to know what some transphobic jackoffs have to say about professional wrestling and neither should you :shrug:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

whenever they show the chart they should also put a QR code on the screen that you can scan that has ryan satin explain all the rules to you

👀👀👀🔥🔥🔥

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

these were the David Tennant years too iirc. if it makes you feel better she later got arrested for driving drunk and crashing into a statue in front of a library.

was it a weeping angel because that might not have been her fault

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Oh my god I missed the word Yakuza in the tweet at first and was just like "oh yeah more joshis would be awesome but putting them in a stable just because they're all Japanese is pretty wack" and now I'm just...nooooooo. no don't do that

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

coconono posted:

AEW does need more girl gangs tho

This is very true. Girl gangs are always cool

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

lmfao Justin LaBar
He should get back to losing debates on dead wrestling forums and getting clowned on for his bad articles

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

And here was me thinking The Rock would be the biggest surprise return in January :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

FullMetalJackoff posted:

The 'Alex Is Annoying' crowd really demonstrating they don't understand what a hype man is.

Very confident that this puppet fondler will be outed as a paedophile within 6-12 months.

This post sucks almost as bad as the video does. Don't fantasy book people's downfalls especially not when you're being creepy about it

just a reminder that this thread isn't meant for virulent misogyny and -phobia takes, just weirdo funny mark stuff. Get it back on track by posting people who want to start wrestling museums in their basement or something

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Under The Red Hood was a very good movie by my recollection

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

“OHHHHH~ WHAAAAA~ AHHH~ OHHHH~ (Crowds Singing) (Seth Rollins)” should be the new WWE thread title.

Devastated that both this thread and the WWE thread just had title changes because this is top shelf stuff

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I know I shouldn't rise to the bait but it's so funny how hard they'll stretch to give the worst faith reading to "overconfident rookie shooting his shot and will probably get destroyed after hitting a cool suplex, hopefully leading to him working his way back up from the bottom". Silly! And also -

:lol:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

If Eddie Kingston wants to be taken seriously he needs to gain the body type equivalent to Into The Spiderverse's Kingpin.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Once again I'm so mad that we just changed the topic title because "Just use the search engine" is a fantastic line

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Just run a personal website and post on dead internet forums. Have a Discord server to watch old wrestling with online friends and have at least one in-person PPV buddy. That's all you really need. If I wanted to expose myself unbidden to bad opinions I'd just read [insert your least favorite user here]'s posts!!!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The Wrestler and The Iron Claw are both fantastic, showing two sides and eras of wrestling with stark reality, and The Wrestler is especially valuable in how it captured ROH on film. Very cool as a little piece of history in that regard.

I wanted Rourke vs. Jericho :(

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/TheLevipriest12/status/1749315873121214854?s=20

doing the grandpa simpson walk in walk out whenever i accidentally stumble upon weird joshi fan twitter

Getting back into full time wrestling fandom early in the year through Wrestle Universe was absolutely wild because after watching some TJPW shows I really loved I proceeded to go online to look for any information about the wrestlers and stories I wasn't able to pick up just by watching and realized that there are swathes of people out there who are watching wrestling very differently from me to the point that it feels utterly alien trying to talk about it

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

The puppet pretending to be mad about Orange Cassidy is a good bit too.

https://twitter.com/MovieMarvin/status/1750360692941566310

Extreme "I'M NOT HORNY" energy absolutely radiating from this one

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I know they're engagement farmers and I shouldn't get worked but I'm so mad at this

They tell an extremely easy to understand story - two friends were once so close they got matching tattoos, but now one has gone so far off the deep end the other is fighting to get her back using what bonded them in the first place - that a crowd of people in Savannah understood, but it's not good enough for Bully loving Ray I guess. Sorry they didn't cut a twenty minute long promo about beating up D-Von's family for racism reasons

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

little munchkin posted:

maybe if aew had better booking and had actual stories in their matches, they could also leave the fox tv twitter account at a loss for words

It's so sad that Tony Khan is not a booker but merely a match maker :sigh:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

The discourse for the next few days is gonna be super duper bad

Regular reminder that according to the OP this thread is meant to be for dumb and incomprehensible and silly takes and tweets, not for genuinely offensive remarks or things that actually get you mad. People with gross opinions on this situation are not to be posted here.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah last warning, don't post stuff about this. It's outside the scope of this thread and goes far beyond silly takes or mark posts. And, like, no one cares if the Hot Take Factories are slapfighting about sexual assault allegations. Why expose yourself and others to this poo poo?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I know I shouldn't get worked and all but man, I can't fathom the amount of moral bankruptcy it takes to make the tweets Alfred did, like that timeline is vile but it's not vile in the obvious way. It's so insidious because it's so unserious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Posting JobberNationTV is just cheating tbh