Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So glad they won't cover Global Force Wrestling. The more paranoid and isolationist the better from a lolz POV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Having a panic attack here:
http://www.tnamecca.com

Where's the comment section gone? Do you have to sign up for an account now?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Magnus's terrible article x TNAsylum's comment section:

http://www.tnasylum.com/2014/05/magnus-addresses-parasites-in-wrestling.html?spref=tw

rovert fucked around with this message at 12:35 on May 28, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
How true is this defence?

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/05/rumour-killer-nyc-shows-selling-well.html

Anyone an expert on the capacity of the Grand Ballroom?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Garrett Kidney is someone I've talked Wrestling with for years. He is a very good, succinct review of TNA. Someone who loved TNA in 2006 and is really sad how far it has fallen. He gives an alternative (as in not glowly positive) take on TNAsylum which is met with "maybe you should stop watching" by people who don't grasp the concept of a review.

Anyway loved this comment in the comment section:

quote:

If people would think outside the box they'd be excited about what's going on in TNA. But you don't and so it's mostly doom and gloom. I think outside the box and I'm excited about TNA and the whole Pro wrestling industry. I'll just say it's going to get very interesting in the next 6 months or so. And remember I said so before anybody.

Mark my words!

Like something Jeremey Borash or Bob Ryder would say in mid to late 2000 WCW:
http://www.tnasylum.com/2014/05/last-night-on-impact-wrestling_30.html

"Think outside the box" is always the reddest of red flags.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Remember someone I followed being really annoyed at the comment you directly quoted, DarkstarIV. Besides the behaviour of those he was replying to Seth was on the back end of a gruelling European tour.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca:

Low locker room morale reports always seem to hit a nerve in particular.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca:

quote:

Quote from our homeboy Will at the #TNANYC taping tonight: "Crowd is loving insane and they are not full of smarks. They are a #TNA crowd"

Crowd proceeds to chant for ROH, CM Punk, Young Bucks etc.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I've been rumbled:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I apologise for passing them off as something they are not. I am sorry guys.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Via a TNA shooter:
https://twitter.com/andre_corbeil/status/482635028388917248/photo/1

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca

quote:

I am really surprised by how well this new direction that TNA has taken is resonating with me. For those that actually know me, you know that I don't always like everything that TNA puts in front of me every single time that they have a show (contrary to popular belief). I am not a "fanboy". I don't think you guys consider yourselves to be "fanboys" either. I will tell you if I think something is wrong (in my opinion) or if I don't like something, but it's true that I am a fairly optimistic person. I form my own opinions and don't let the dirtsheets and "pundits" dictate how I should feel about TNA and it's product. Being independent of the popular mind-set that circulates the IWC: it's like deeply breathing in fresh mountain air that isn't trapped in a stale office building and recirculated over and over again until all of the bacteria and microscopic debris in said building make it nearly impossible to breath properly. I'm not putting myself on a pedestal, I'm simply expressing my metaphorical experience of what "not buying into the anti-TNA negativity" is like to me. That being said, I believe that the company is on the precipice of turning a MAJOR corner with their product. What an exciting time to be a TNA fan!.

You are seeing this company grow-up before your very eyes. Look at all the character development! EC3, Kenny King, Knux, Rockstar Spud, Willow, Samuel Shaw and others. They are all delivering a character-centric portion of the product that fans are investing in. Of course there is much more to TNA than just these men, but it's quite evident that these 6 characters in particular have really taken off (some since BFG, and some more recently). They are settling in to their niche nicely and that has, in turn, helped to elevate the entire company.

It's clear that TNA is willing to present things that other companies may shy away from. These adult-oriented themes are something that Bully Ray alluded to in recent interviews. It's a sound strategy and one that should produce results. Focusing on younger performers is long overdue, even if it costs them a little bit initially in ratings and attendance. It's clear that the WWE has completely cornered the market on the children-focused sports entertainment realm of the business. That's fine. They can have their John Cena and Scooby Doo and other cartoonish items. TNA is moving towards a product that adults can enjoy and not feel foolish about watching on a weekly basis. IMPACT needs to continue to utilize their TV-14 rating, push the envelope and keep focusing on engaging adults. These characters such as a Vegas party king, a horror movie villain, a psychotic alter-ego, etc. are best for business right now.

Those character-laden parts of the show combined with the potential revitalization of the more WRESTLING-driven parts of the show should make for a nice balance of both worlds. The Wolves, Tigre Uno and Sanada are key pieces in the tag team scene and/or X-Division ranks. Add in a rumored Young Bucks (Gen-Me) team, bring back Manik full-time, get contributions from ex-TNA guys like Petey Williams and Sonjay Dutt and then things are really looking up (hopefully Bad Influence can re-sign with TNA also). It's become an annual occurrence to see a concentrated focus on the X-Division leading up to Destination X. So the closer we get to June, the more likely we are to see more X-Division-type wrestlers appearing in TNA. I'm hoping that TNA will sign one or 2 of the participants from this annual X-travaganza to create more depth and security for that title going forward. Craig Hermit wrote a great piece on the Tag Team Division, so instead of repeating a lot of what he said (which I agreed with), simply read his POV as I enjoyed it thoroughly.

So what is missing? This refined identity of having compelling characters and a revitalizing of the X-Division & Tag Team Division is nice but not all-encompassing. The main event scene seems pretty much set with the real contenders for Magnus being Roode, Joe, Bully and perhaps a returning Angle (I'm hoping for Austin Aries to be included too). Yes, EY and Abyss are in a Heavyweight Title match on Thursday but their time in the World Title picture seems short-lived. What about the mid-card? You can't bring in guys who aren't currently main-eventers, but aren't necessarily tag team or X-Division players either, without dangling some kind of carrot in front of them. Knux, Bobby Lashley, Kenny King, EC3 and others need to have a secondary title to work towards. Ideally, they'd bring the TV Title back but it seems to remain a distant memory or after-thought. So do they just hang out until the BFG Series begins? That mid-card situation needs to be addressed and rectified. And yes, we are all aware that the Knockouts Division still needs some tweaking. I am confident that the women will get the division back where it needs to be. One thing I will advise fans in this regard is to not get so obsessed with one particular woman coming in that you lose focus of what is actually going on in the ring. TNA management will bring in who they feel is worth bringing in, and they already know who is out there. The constant campaigning for one particular woman is getting borderline annoying right now.

The things I have just outlined are my thoughts and speculation on the emerging identity of TNA. However, an obviously more defined identity will soon be provided by the TNA Executive Vice President, Mr. John Gaburick, next Thursday before IMPACT airs. In unprecedented fashion, the man that we understand is basically calling the shots for the current product is going to field questions from the fans. It's amazing how transparent TNA is when it comes to interacting with their audience. Whether it's signing autographs, taking pictures with fans or talking to show-goers at LIVE events, PPV weekends and IMPACT tapings OR something else like this extensive Q & A session with upper management, TNA knocks it out of the park. Dixie Carter has also done these Q & A sessions with her previous #AskDixie Twitter events (which is something that the competition attempts to mimic and fails doing so). By the time the Big John Q & A video is over, I'm sure we will have a better idea about how Big feels about the company he works for and where things really stand with TNA going forward. Also, I suspect he will squash some of the bogus rumors that the dirtsheets have put out in recent weeks and months. TNA is not running and hiding from their critics and nay-sayers. Instead, they are taking them head-on and informing us all on the actual facts. That's something I can absolutely respect after wading though a pool of negativity (most of the IWC) that has become very tiresome and discouraging. So please, Big John, wrap up TNA's identity in a nice lil' package and put a bow on top for us.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TNA Mecca in crisis:
http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/07/official-tna-tv-deal-discussion.html#disqus_thread

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Luke72w posted:

Good news, guys! TNA was cancelled, boom period incoming!

Their optimism is inspiring :allears:

UTA, brother

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

More Mecca:

quote:

IT is really sad that people put more faith in garbage made up by TMZ to get hits than what the President of a company is telling them. When was the last time Vince McMahon acknowledged anything on twitter concerning WWE TV deals? Never. Some people are just assholes and I believe part of this goes to Dave Meltzer and I will tell you why. He constantly feeds this anti-TNA hate and he never call his fans out on this garbage. A REAL reporter can and does admit to when they are wrong. Meltzer is not a reporter, he is a gossip columnist and it is really sad that people blindly follow him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
THIS GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
David Gilbert was the guy who interviewed Bryan Alvarez about to two months ago.

His retorts to Bryan's criticisms of TNA were the following:

quote:

'Well, it doesn't have to have continuity.'
'Well, it doesn't have to make sense.'
'Well, it's not supposed to be serious.'
'Well, it's not supposed to be believable.'

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Does anybody have a link to this interview? It sounds very entertaining.

It is longer and much worse than anything I could describe or explain. On the Observer board most people who listened half way through out of frustration over him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca people.

https://twitter.com/CRegal23/status/496369041674862592

The second reply is the best.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Mainly stems from Tweets like this:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sad news:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Fans on TNAInsider duped by this:

quote:

AMC has signed a 2-year agreement to broadcast "TNA iMPACT!" , which currently broadcast on Spike TV.

The agreement, which runs through the 2016 , also gives TNA Wrestling other
live content.Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the
SportsBusiness Journal reported that AMC will pay as much as 50 percent
more thin Spike TV were paying. The current TV rights package was valued
at $500,000 through an TWO-year agreement that ends after next Oct.AMC
is is also expected to pick up new TNA TV shows.TNA manages every aspect
of production internally to bring fans more than 500 hours of original
content each year. TNA produces exclusive entertainment for more than 5
million viewers in 14 languages each week to more than 100 countries and
counting.

“AMC is known for being
an exceptional partner and delivering outstanding production quality
and presentation of shows, as well as its broad portfolio of broadcast
and digital properties so we are thrilled with the commitment they have
made to TNA and its future,” AMC Chief Executive Officer, Matt Rance
said in a statement. “We know this partnership will yield great value to
our entire industry, provide a premium experience to our most important
stakeholders, the fans, and help us achieve a number of strategic
growth objectives.

“Our new
partnership validate the strength of our fan base and the many bold
steps we have taken the last several years to provide fans with better,
more accessible wrestling.”

AMC and
TNA negotiating rights through July 11, but did not sign an extension by
the deadline, which opened up the negotiations.

About AMC
AMC
is a multi-platform network that celebrates classic movies and
high-quality scripted series. Among the elite services available in
nearly 94 million homes (Source: Nielsen Media Research), AMC defines
what it means to be a classic movie network today, creating a
distinctive viewing experience that celebrates all that is enduringly
cool, personal and powerfully relevant about movies. AMC’s comprehensive
library of popular movies strike a meaningful chord with its audience,
and its critically-acclaimed slate of originals all have a cinematic
quality that allow them to complement and be complemented by some of the
best movies of all time. AMC is a subsidiary of Rainbow Media Holdings
LLC, which includes sister networks IFC, WE tv and Sundance Channel. AMC
is THE FUTURE OF CLASSIC.

XXXX XXXXX
AMC
XXX-XXX-XXXX
XXXX@XXXXX-XXXXX

ABOUT TNA IMPACT WRESTLING
TNA
Entertainment, LLC, headquartered in Nashville, TN, is a privately held
management and production company that specializes in professional
wrestling. Founded in 2002, TNA primarily develops and promotes original
professional wrestling programming for cable, Pay-Per-View specials and
live events.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
F4WOnline publishes the most overwritten shite from readers

And it is great.

rovert fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 19, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TJ Hawke explaining the TNA ownership stake:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
To clear up possible confusion TJ Hawke IS trolling here. He is one of "us".

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca:

quote:

- This week, I'd like to begin with the influx of rumors coming from the dirtsheets lately about all sorts of TNA-related topics. The amount of unsubstantiated rumors I'm seeing on a daily basis is absolutely insane. Even more insane is the fact that almost all of them will be proven to be false when it's all said and done yet some seem to believe them. I suppose if you pay a monthly fee for "insider" stuff, you're more inclined to believe it regardless of how preposterous it sounds. The reality is that insider "news" is no more legit than anything you'd read in the National Inquirer but as long as there's a market, the dirtsheets will continue to have to find "news" to report in order to justify the fees they charge. Let's be real, if dirtsheets had insider news or scoops from real sources, I assure you, they'd be screaming it from the rooftops in order to get the credit, something any site with credibility would strive for. Instead, they tuck the news away for only a select few to have access to it. As a subscriber, one has to wonder why that is. I, personally, don't subscribe to any dirtsheet nor do I plan to. I prefer to get my news from the real sources who can confirm their reports and it won't cost me a single penny. If you're a TNA fan, I urge you to not settle for "insider" reports from unnamed sources because in most cases, neither the dirtsheet nor the source have your best interests at heart or those of the wrestling promotion they're supposedly reporting about. They're in it to make money and although I don't begrudge them that, I have an issue with their untruthfulness. Because let me be clear, the only credible source is one that can provide evidence for what their reporting. Wrestling fans should expect nothing less...especially those who are willing to pay for it.

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/09/tna-wednesday-randomania-sep-10-2014.html#more

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Holzerman seems legit mentally unwell here:
http://wallsofjerichoholic.blogspot.ie/2014/09/pro-wrestling-skoopz-on-wrestling-blog.html?spref=tw

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE always drew well in Louisville.

Also the standard main roster booking is way, way, way more destructive to wrestlers than anything NXT does.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Via the F4W board.

The next NXT special should be on Christmas day:

quote:

If the next Takeover was to take place in December would anyone else like to see it take place on Christmas Day?

I'm probably in the minority here but I think it would make a great excuse for spending less time with the in-laws. Just saying.

An even better date might be Jan 1 but we shall see.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAsylum scaling back and the Talon sets down as Director:
http://www.tnasylum.com/2014/09/tnasylum-changing-direction.html#disqus_thread

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca is going to be especially crazed this weekend:

quote:

I think Dixie has a ton of evidence of defamation and a smear campaign against her company if she ever were to want to pursue legal action against Dave Meltzer. The guy has been lying out of his teeth making up negative false stories about TNA that is hurting the name of the company and he's been doing so for years. The guy needs to be held accountable for his words.

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/10/post-impact-discussion-for-oct-8-2014.html#disqus_thread

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Checked out TNAMecca tonight they are jealous/paranoid/confused by the online love of New Japan.

They were also discussing how the new TNA TV show should open. Historic video package or not? As well as the next World X Cup.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Excited for this:
http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/10/fans-talk-tna-coming-october-29th-to.html

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

"bad stuff"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNA on the verge of signing a SPIKE renewal with a rights fee increase:

Their last deal with SPIKE was dependent on the idea that the show would reach around 2 million viewers.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca: TNA 2015 and Beyond

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/11/tna-2015-and-beyond.html

Coins the TPWJ (Tabloid Pro-Wrestling Journalism)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
LOL

quote:

Fans Talk TNA is a short, 15-minute conversation about what happened this week in TNA as well as what we can look forward to.

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/11/fans-talk-tna-003-were-with-spud-and.html#disqus_thread