Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I bet if you ask him politely, Orange Cassidy will stand somewhere other than the entrance to the building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Do the people pushing the “This is great for Saudi women to see” narrative think that Saudi women just haven’t been sufficiently inspired to demand better treatment?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I really wish VCR used literally anyone other than Velveteen Dream as their avatar.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/dschimbt/status/1200975307240431617?s=21

The backbends people will do to excuse lovely behavior from notorious exhibitors of lovely behavior sure is something.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JT Smiley posted:

Complaining about people "taking their ball and going home" will always be stupid as gently caress. These people realize you're allowed to leave a job if you're not happy right? You don't owe your employer poo poo.

No one ever uses the phrase right in the context of wrestling anyway. The thing that sucks about “taking your ball and going home” is that now no one else can play because you got pissy, which has never been the case in when someone decides to tell WWE to gently caress off.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 2, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Being active in Wrestling Fan Twitter must be exhausting.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 7, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pretty telling that that’s in response to a match featuring a debuting North American wrestler (who I wouldn’t be surprised to see going over).

Edit: Non-surprise what a mess the mentions are for that announcement.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 8, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Imagine behaving this way towards any other TV program.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Generally speaking, I think wrestling fans could be more generous with their “let’s see where this going” threshold, but that’s a pretty absurd argument in this particular case.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

IceAgeComing posted:

One of the funniest bits about this has been people having meltdowns that something that hadn’t been teased even remotely never happened. Basically some people hyperanalysed Liz Morgan’s weird twitter stuff when she was clearly just having a little fun into thinking that it was this massive build to her aligning with THE FIEND and so when they did this you had a fair few people genuinely angry that their fan theory didn’t happen. So they seem to have pleased, well, nearly no one.

Countdown to the same thing happening if Marty shows up in AEW and isn’t really behind the Dark Order or Butcher/Blade/Bunny are new Villain Enterprises.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

For whatever reason striking is not something I apparently pay close attention to, because I’ve never clocked that particular complaint about Riho watching her matches. If anything, I like how it looks like she’s putting her entire body weight behind her knees and stomps.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wandered too deep into wrestling Twitter and have seen more tweets pointing out both TNA on Spike and ECW on Sci Fi drew 1 million viewers a week.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 16, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

OPs replies in the mentions sure are something.

Edit: I don’t know why I am clicking through on these but I’m seeing a lot of vaguely recognizable wrestling Twitter personalities clutching their pearls over this, which is hilarious.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 21, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cerebral Bore posted:

Gonna go out on a limb and say that this here dude wasn't actually going to ever give AEW a chance.

https://twitter.com/sltdwrestling/status/1219695823174492160?s=21

No, he’s right. If it came out that Cody did in fact do a double murder, at first I would be troubled, but then I would say “But it’s Cody” and go about my day.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I like how he jumped from "AEW fan did a graffiti" to "BUT WHAT IF CODY MURDERED SOMEONE", as though that was a natural and logical progression to make.

He even skipped “murdered someone“ and went straight to 2 to an unknowable number of victims.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

When they finally come to Portland they should have Dynamite at the Oregon Zoo concert venue and and call it ZooBrawl.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

El Lindaman is also billed at 5’3” and him and Marko looked roughly the same height during the Jurassic Express/Stronghearts match from Dark last week, albeit built completely differently.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/ziadeplorable/status/1222745114856054784?s=21

The Constitution Knower has logged on (am just now seeing that their username includes “Deplorable” because of course it does.)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, it is always entertaining how the people who understand how the First Amendment works least always invoke it using language that makes it sounds like they’re the only ones who’ve ever heard of it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kvantum posted:

Not just that, he's also completely ignorant of the history behind a wrestler getting a spike in the eye on a Turner network. (To the point that Tony Khan ran the idea past TNT before they went with it!)

Just looked this up and of course it was a Dusty angle, and I’m pretty sure Tony repeated some of his commentary verbatim (I am assuming the Tony announcing NWA Worldwide back in 88 was Schiavone.).

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

“Why would I pay attention to Q drops, Paul?”

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Who doesn’t remember all those emotional distress lawsuits back in the early-aughts?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

He’s parodying someone who replies to every AEW tweet, that’s what she posted in response to the whipping segment and AEW retweeted.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/phoenixnjpw/status/1225254134799929345?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I cannot for the life of me suss our what the overall message of this tweet is supposed to be.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, good, okay.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I know it’s not unique to wrestle Twitter, but I absolutely love authoritative tweets to no one where you’re never 100% sure what the author is even referencing.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I enjoyed one of the replies that’s like “A ham sandwich could pop that crowd” like it’s some sort of badge of dishonor that the audience wants to enjoy the thing they bought a ticket for.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The men’s roster on the AEW website has 25 faces, 20 heels and 2 Lucha Brothers.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 21, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Good lord what a bunch of dummies in Bryan’s replies.

Whole lotta variations on this:
https://twitter.com/iamjondraper/status/1233145162798374912?s=21

Also choice:
https://twitter.com/theroonmeister/status/1233146947042713606?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 27, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

What was this angle?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

“Hey, since you’re goin’ in there with that vent, you want to take this Geiger counter too? Just to put my mind at ease?”

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

He held the tag and IC championships, so he qualifies at the same level as Cody.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lid posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisHardy91/status/1263571888585838592

Isnt it one of TNT's best rating shows and an absolute bargain for cost vs reward?

TNT’s annual cost on Dynamite is comparable to the budget on a 10 episode season of one of their dramas (Claws season 2 had a budget of $48 million, they’re paying AEW $45 million a year for weekly content).

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

A-Rod is on one tonight

When Dustin inevitably deletes the original Tweet, he’s replying to Chuck Taylor saying he wants to wrestle Rey

https://twitter.com/arod0034/status/1285004694801149952?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/codyrhodes/status/1291901116557533184?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JOHN CENA posted:

im still unclear on what the darby accusation was exactly fwiw

An ex said he was emotionally abusive and coerced her into having sex when she didn’t want to.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/kirblar024/status/1302076481946910720?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Start the countdown on Snowden getting canned and him claiming it’s because BR’s parent company’s broadcast partner AEW has it in for him.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

lol the one place where they’re rightly classed as independent contractors are going to be the ones to suffer, ok New Jersey Nick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

*all tweets have 0 replies* i am blocking so many AEW Cultists on twitter right now. i love blocking all these people, replying to my tweets. i cannot believe the number of people replying to my dumb tweets, all of whom i have blocked

What if he’s blocking people in other people’s replies? Seeking them out before they come for him?