Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think you'll find that Daniel Bryan is the goat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is anyone on Mecca or Asylum irrationally excited about the JR/Striker TNA namedrops on WK9 potentially leading to international exposure for the company, or is it dead to them because Styles and Jarrett are TNA turncoats?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Great White Hope posted:

I would be so happy if Dixie were to fire a lawsuit against Dave because I'd love to see what evidence she pulled out to prove he was lying.

"No, we didn't offer Alberto four hundred thousand, we offered him four million!"

I think it's the "career killer" comment they're getting all pissypants about. But lol if anyone legit believes talking about common public perception amounts to libel or any form of defamation, or that Dixie would waste money and time over a vaguely mean comment a bloo bloo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Also, Christian had a better career in TNA than in WWE?

I'm guessing this is based on some in-kayfabe "if you have the title, regardless of promotion, you're at the top of the industry" logic.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He reached Jericho JTTS levels, I'd say. Either way I can't remember a time when WWE didn't treat Christian like tag team royalty.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if he's referring to the same journey everyone in the WWE has taken when feuding with John Cena for the past 10 years.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sanguinia posted:

Did this guy, like, forget that Reigns also just came back from a long off period?

I mean, I guess you can also cite to something like Triple H in 02 winning the rumble off his big return.

You can cite Triple H, Edge, or Cena, but all of those guys were well established for years before their wins. Roman was a tag champion once. If the WHC was still around? Sure. Give him a run with that and see how it goes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

sportsgenius86 posted:

Impact also has a really big ironically entertaining factor 75% of the time whereas Raw is often just dull as gently caress.

Yeah, this. Impact is hilariously bad, Raw is aggressively mediocre. The difference is I usually don't watch Raw live unless I feel like participating in the GDT, and otherwise I just skim through the show to the good/interesting parts, while for Impact I just read spoilers and laugh at it so I don't have to watch it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Smackdown usually has very solid wrestling, longer matches, and has its promos micromanaged less than Raw with fewer lengthy segments because they get to try out new stuff. If all you care about is plot advancement fine, but Smackdown is often the better wrestling show if you're into that sort of thing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
bodybuilding (gay) com gives me a 404 please help me goons

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

Gorilla marketing

heave gorilla marketing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Actually, this is quite common with conspiracy theory type thinking (which they definitely ascribe to). They look for confirmation bias that lines up with what they've decided is the unbridled truth~!, and if anybody uses things like cold, hard facts, they get called things like shills for the establishment, or haters, or whatever fits the narrative.

Also any actual provided proof is faked, because everything can be faked and strings can be pulled to get everyone involved in producing said proof on the conspiracy's side with no leaks ever.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, this is the same company that thought gay bars just have men with full beards wearing dresses and bad wigs, because gay dudes are totally the same as really lazy transvestites.

rovert posted:

Mets follow up after Meltzer, Alvarez, Johnson etc reported it was false:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2uujhz/let_me_be_clear_on_this_kalisto_story/

Ah yes, the old "never did I say" mantra, accompanied by the squeaking of bike pedals furiously pumping in reverse.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is literally why I think Bryan will win. When possible, the universe leans towards chaos and hilarity, and watching that chucklefuck try to talk around that one being wrong is too great not to happen.

"Never once did I say this was 100% confirmed."

MetsFan4Ever posted:

It is 100% confirmed

"gently caress."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Daniel Bryan posted:

"I heard word that John Cena." - MetsFan4Ever

This is actually 100% confirmed to happen though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He's also responsible for chemtrails and he did 9/11.

Sometimes the tenuous threads between all these conspiracies remind me of the this game. "Texas big oil is being controlled by the punk rockers! Which are being controlled by the UFOs! It's all connected!" :tinfoil:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If that's the slightest bit true I'd be surprised if Neville wasn't also in that group.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ask the cosplay thread in PYF. They love that conversation.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

He's not even dressing up like a black person though, so the PYF stuff where they're probably saying it's cool for a white girl to dress in black face if they're cosplaying Michonne or something doesn't apply. He's painted like he's got alien symbiote goo all over him, which is red and black.

but you see that offends some white people so

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd be shocked if anyone offended by Balor's facepaint wasn't white.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
MetsFan's constant ruination of his own supposed credibility is delightful.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

His friend Phillip.

He's talking about no longer supporting the Mets exclusively. He will henceforth be known as MetsFanSometimesAndAlsoTheChicagoCubs.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's also not a crowd's job to get into a good match just because of good wrestling, they have to be given a reason to care about who's in the ring, either through good stories or good booking or important titles. Nothing in the build has made anyone care, therefore deadness.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shine posted:

3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!
3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!
3D!3D!3D!
3D!3D!3D!3D!

That is the most perfect text representation of a wrestling crowd reaction I've ever seen.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That guy needs to Rise Above Hate. Maybe he's really a Kanenite.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

And the usual Mets knob-gobbling

Call it what you will, but BAH GAWD THAT'S METS FAN'S MUSIC is a hilarious reaction to him storming out of Reddit via tantrum/meltdown and then returning a week later to post more SCOOPZ~!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's solid creative advice regardless of who it comes from or whether you like their product.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They should induct the Va-Chyna tshirt instead.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I thought he threw a tantrum and stormed out of Reddit. Nobody's calling him out on acting like nothing happened?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh yeah, I forgot fake internet points matter to people over there.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That post goes a long way towards proving everyone on that board is trolling each other and refuse to break troll kayfabe.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dixie's account spotted. Still clinging to the ankles of Hulkamania, I see.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The derail was entirely worth the meltdown imo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ultragonk posted:

You'd think after all these years on SA I'd know how hosed up Internet people are.

Sometimes I need to remind myself that goons are actually relatively tame.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sanguinia posted:

He conveniently never once mentions Big E Langston, probably because he couldn't think of a totally bullshit excuse for it not fitting his pattern, (or even a non-excuse like an unspoken "exception that proves the rule" like he did Bruno and DiBiase.)

I too fondly remember Big E Langaston.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

And the talented ones.

Yeah, they chanted it at Natalya and she's one of the better women on the roster. Naomi got it too and she's a lot better than she gets credit for. It was just overall tacky.

To be fair, crowd mentality is weird as hell and can do strange things to people.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Revenant Threshold posted:

The booking does have a role to play, though. It's unfair to chant at the wrestlers when they don't have any power over Vince saying "Ok, you're getting a minute each of a 6-woman tag match", but then it's also unfair to chant poo poo at Reigns when his big problem is booking, too. There just isn't a simple and easy way, when you're in a crowd, to get across "I have no issue with these wrestlers but the booking of them is terrible, it's entirely possible I'd be enjoying these people with a better match."

With the right cadence this could work as a chant. Let's get on it, internet.

I-HAVE-no-issuewiththese-WREST-LERS
but-the-BOOK-ING-ofthem-is-TERRIBLE,
it's-ENTIRE-LY-possible-i'd-BE-enjoyingthese
PEO-PLE-withabet-ter-MATCH

Totally doable.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The butthurt in his posts over the last couple months is amazing.

CHECK OUT THESE SCOOPZ
but these scoopz are bullshit
B-BUT YOU SAID YOU LIKED MEEEEEEE :qq:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
OK, so I know doxxing isn't really approved on SA, but since this is actual insider news I figured it might be alright. I did a bit of detective work to track down MetsFan4Ever recently after all the r/SquaredCircle stuff went down, and there was some stuff I really didn't expect. Believe me or don't, I don't care, but I like PSP so I thought I'd share it.

I figured it had to be someone from the Northeast US, most likely in the Tri-State area. Who else would want their very prominent online identity to be known as a "Mets fan forever" but a NY/NJ/CT resident? You get that sort of fan devotion when it's something you grew up with in your own region. So that shrinks down the geographic location at least.

So I dug a bit further. He claims to be either a current or former WWE employee, so that narrows the search quite a bit. While this part is admittedly very dubious, he claims CM Punk is a personal friend and that he wrote his promos, which although probably bullshit would be a small subset of people if true (mainly because I'm pretty sure creative control of his onscreen character was in Punk's contract). But regardless he'd have to be a part of WWE Creative at some point if any of this stuff were actually true, and he'd have to be someone employed by the company at least somewhere between 2006-2014, Punk's years with the company. If you assume he was referring to the bigger promos at Punk's peak, this means closer to 2011-2013. If you look at WWE's employee records within those years, there are very few people who fit all of the criteria here.

Whether or not you buy that part of his story is another matter - bear with me a minute. If MetsFan is even telling a modicum of truth, that's a really short list. Who would risk being exposed in the company like that? Well, you'll note that he also posted on Reddit that there are definitely people from WWE leaking deliberate misinformation and misdirection. That adds a bit of credence in my book because I'd totally believe they're trying to work the internet. Everyone knows Reddit, like it or not.

The last bit I'll mention is that in his comment style, I noticed he's incredibly defensive (the butthurt over people calling him out), has a big ego (the Jesus self-comparison), it's easy to rile him up, and he's extremely petty. I don't know how well this is known in wrestlefan circles, but in my many years of talking to people in or around the business, WWE's own employees have routinely described a specific member of their Creative team in a very similar way, and he is in fact still an active part of the company.

So here's the thing - I confronted him to see if he'd make some sort of statement, and he did. You can see what he had to say right here (copy/paste, because I probably shouldn't direct-link it):

youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Junpei Hyde posted:

Not gonna watch because I'm at work but if this isn't a link to the It's me Austin clip you wasted the time of everyone, including yourself.

If it is It's me Austin, then :golfclap:

Even my immediate family bought it.