Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ah, of course, no American company has ever succeeded by catering to white men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yes, one of the many instances online where you can replace the phrase "a lot of my friends were saying" with "I'm saying".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
God, that smug rear end "glad we agree" logic from the first one is so irritating though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shard posted:

gently caress that bad faith idiot

I mean, it's probably in bad faith but it's not necessarily wrong: Darby came down off-center. His spine or leg hits the back of that chair, and the PR for an injury right in front of Owen's widow would be a loving nightmare for the company.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

infantilizes Martha Hart
:jerkbag:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

You are arguing a ridiculous strawman over two threads that hinges on something happening that didn't and is completely unlike what happened to Owen Hart and pretending Martha should be somehow offended by it or that other people should be. It's really silly and shows much more disrespect to the memory of Owen Hart and how he actually died than your imagined scenario does.

The strawman is coming from you, because I said no such thing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

Sure thing.

Cool. If you're going to cherry-pick to try really hard to make it seem like I'm clutching pearls about this, you might want to re-read my following post cracking a joke about it, which you posted right after.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

ah i see, you weren't mad actually, in fact you were laughing

This is gonna blow your mind but I can think it was a dumb risk and also make fun of it at the same time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Isn't that the dude who just went on a drunken twitter rant completely invalidating transwomen?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
All the boys think he's a spy, he's got

Shannen Doherty eyes

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Pro Wrestling in 2022: Outlaw Hugging

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shard posted:

bahahahahahahaha

no storylines head rear end
When actually pressed about it, down to the person these kinds of people always admit they "just read results and watch clips on Twitter."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

A Fancy Hat posted:

Very curious if people who complain AEW is "too hard to understand" also get confused at movies and TV shows. Do they get angry at video games, wondering why Link is always fighting Ganondorf?

Like I said up the page, they're almost always people who only watch Twitter clips and read results. Nobody who actually follows it finds it confusing unless they're muting all commentary and looking at their phones the whole time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I remember it always being Gewirtz because I used to have a roommate who would exclusively drink Gewürztraminer.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MancXVI posted:

retired or something :thunk:
Really want to know how they found the time and resources to deeply survey the rest of the world about whether they think a guy who wrestled in WWE has since retired.

Crazy how nobody in other countries watches New Japan either.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hager/Claudio is a dream match, in that if I eat an entire pizza before bed, I might have a weird dream where they're helping my high school math teacher build a treehouse inside a Blockbuster Video while my grandmother stares at them disapprovingly from a bathtub.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dangerous Person posted:

Why is the concept of leaving a job you don't like so alien to these people

I have a feeling these are the people who get manager jobs at Target and get really into the part of new employee orientation where they describe working there as being a "family".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Would be cool as hell to see Alan in like Dragon Gate or AAA ngl
These days, DG doesn't want temporary excursions because they don't want to be seen as someone's developmental promotion. If anyone's going to come in from outside, DG wants it to be their long-term destination.

So GLEAT or DDT might be more likely, though I could see him fitting into Bullet Club.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Vlan gonna be all about that Midbreath life.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

A Fancy Hat posted:

Although I can understand the importance of a cooldown match, I'm also fine if said cooldown match is still super entertaining, just not quite as quickly paced.

Forbidden Door was basically a perfect in-ring PPV and every match was good to great. It also helps that AEW puts out such a diverse in-ring product, so not every match feels the same.

I much prefer this to when I still watched WWE and half the PPVs had one good match, a bunch of okay matches, and at least one infuriatingly bad match.
Yeah, the only remotely distant critique I could make here is firmly couched in how great the product is: There was no good time for pee breaks during Forbidden Door because I wanted to see every single match in full.

But the crowd was nuclear throughout and did not run out of pops.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Konuwa in the mud, wrap it up Alfrailures

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Konuwa was also the guy who had an exact percentage of how white an AEW tournament was, which ended up with something like 81% because he was counting multiracial people's whiteness toward his total.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Destroy My Sweater posted:

isn't it well documented that frequent cuts in modern cartoons are like destroying attention spans further and/or are there to hold kids' attention IDK I don't want to sound like a boomer but
You know the WWE stans would be complaining nonstop about the visuals if they ever watched a hard cam indie show.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I watched a Warrior Wrestling show from June and they had Beepie kicking out of several of Will Ospreay's biggest moves. It was utterly bizarre that anyone would book him that strongly.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

History Comes Inside! posted:

Casual fans love 20 minute monologues from people they’ve heard about in coffee shopsfrom some guy bursting into a crowded gym or yelling off a mall balcony to ask if they've ever heard of a WWE wrestler, then asking if they've ever heard of an AEW wrestler

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

"Hey guys I'm such a big fan of Abadon that our reward for their success is being a PRETTY GIRL for me" 😬

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I saw the AEW roster making chaos backstage and I saw one of the chaoses and it looked at me