Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

Bikertaker was so cool that, for one brief shining moment, he made Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit cool.

That's a gimmick they could've only done in the early 00's, and it would've failed miserably if Mark Calaway wasn't such a gifted performer 100% dedicated to his character.

My father, to his dying days, would always bring up the time Bikertaker drug Hulk Hogan on the back of his motorcycle when someone mentioned wrestling. Therefore Bikertaker was the greatest ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheJoker138 posted:

WWE IS racist and homophobic though.

WWE: but we have Darren Young!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is there any other information on how WWE treats gay employees aside from that, though? I think that would have more to do with Patterson being a close long time family friend than anything else. I'm pretty sure a few people have talked about how badly Kanyon was treated backstage once he came out for example.

Kanyon was also shitfaced out of his mind on drugs and didn't adapt at all to WWE culture.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Are you seriously gonna defend how they treated Kanyon? Dude came out and they put him in makeup on national television and had a biker beat him up.
WWE has had one closeted gay man very high up in the company for decades. They've also produced some of the most blatantly homophobic television for that same amount of time. Don't hold up an exception and pretend it's the rule.

Dude got into a dress and make up and went out on live TV. Coulda said no.

Kanyon was also the dude that did the header at Kemper Arena.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gatorfade posted:

Oof.
I don't hate Stroud or his columns nearly as much as I probably should, but drat he is a loving hipster douchebag like more than half of the time.

he's currently faceplanting on twitter so if you wanna go run him down, that's cool.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OctoberCountry posted:

Didn't he insist that Punk leaving WWE last year was a storyline for like 6 months?

Even Court Bauer thinks that CM Punk will return to wrestling in some fashion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gatorfade posted:

But Stroud literally thought it was a work. I think up until like 'Mania.

source, please.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maxallen posted:

I really want to know what the Illuminati has to do with Satanism... I mean I know I'm probably behind the times on my conspiracy theories but I thought they were just a bunch of rich dudes pulling the strings to make themselves richer and keep themselves powerful???

All conspiracy theories work on the idea that all human suffering is a calculated enterprise by some entity or entities. So obviously Satan would be in charge, duh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Balor's in the kinda shape that going through the drills wouldn't even phase him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

Is this a magical world where she is no longer under UFC contract? Cause Dana wouldn't allow someone to wrestle in WWE, and he double wouldn't allow someone to lose on WWE TV.

Not sure what her contract deal is right now. But she has talked about life after UFC.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

Brock's Ice Palace probably doesn't have access to the Internet.

"the internet, huh? Isn't that where all those *bleep* meet up to jerk each other off?"

-Brock Lesnar

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ultragonk posted:

How the hell is that even possible?

Guys over at StormFront wanna post other places too you know.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think there'd probably be a legit audience for WWE-themed game shows, at least as a Network show. WWE Jeopardy, WWE Bumper Stumpers, WWE Shopzone Sweep...

TNA will counter by recreating Legends of The Hidden Temple except the temple is actually Dixie's basement.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

http://www.tnamecca.com/2015/04/tnamecca-presents-chat-apr-13-2015.html?spref=tw

Yo the fact you gotta make up weird stats to show how good your ratings are...they probably not good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WeaponX posted:

:laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

what the hell

I tweeted Dave Meltzer to let him know there's people threatening his life.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

JTG still hasn't been to Dixieland for some reason. I figured he, Shad, or both would make a beeline there.

JTG and Shad announced they were doing a NJPW tour and then promptly disappeared.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

See: R-Truth's entire run.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You know what I do on Wednesdays? it's comic book day. Not wrestling day.

Who the gently caress watches wrestling when there's perfectly good comics to read?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

speaking of TNA Asylum:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA Mecca suicide watch

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gabe Sapolsky on speaking terms with anyone in ROH, that's a good one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince Russo did a quick hot take video in which he ate a sandwich and yelled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEamh7K8VH8

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince Russo, a famous wrestling writer, doesn't understand how characters work

http://csrwrestling.com/why-cant-wrestlers-just-act-like-people/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA is cooler than ROH because they said the N Word on television and no one cared. that's how cool they are.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm seriously confused as to how that guy thinks it is an obvious fact that TNA has more revenue than RoH. I mean out of all of the crazy things he's saying, that one just stands out to me.

They don't sell tickets

They don't hold PPVs

Do we think Destination America is paying them a bunch of money? I feel like I'm missing some key aspect of TNA that makes them seem like a well run and financially secure company to another human being.

International Licensing!

lol, no. TNA loses money at an insane rate every quarter.

ROH has always run on close budgets, made sure everyone got paid, got merch to the tables and DVDs out the door in a reasonable manner. Now their houses are up, their exposure through DA get them more traffic to their site, its looking good for ROH.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Woodland Critters
I don't really see what's the big deal. Maybe because I grew up in a country where we all insult each other almost everyday and call each other a lot of different names, and we don't take it so serious. I'm regularly called racist names and my family will do the same thing to blacks, coloureds, Asians and Indians.

Chris Regal Moderator
Coloureds? Are those the little blue people who live in caves?

Woodland Critters
Brown people.

Chris Regal Moderator
You mean like Greeks and Italians?

Woodland Critters
No, like the colour of Obama's skin.

Chris Regal Moderator
Oh....so the coloureds are light-skinned blacks?

Woodland Critters
Yes, but we don't call them light-skinned blacks or just blacks. Just coloureds.

Chris Regal Moderator
Well, that's very thoughtful of you guys.

And then later in the discussion:

Chris Regal Moderator
You have to consider that he lives in South Africa. Those light-skinned blacks are an invasive species to them.

do you have a link to this? I wanna toss it over to Right Wing Watch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

when coco tries to be helpful:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm gonna laugh so hard when they tease a major surprise for Slammiversary and it turns out to be Pepper Parks

Pepper Parks dressed up like 00s Punk(with wig) and Cherry calling herself AJ Leee.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if we're going by current booking trends, Steph will be in Ronda's corner cheering her on as she faces the dreaded Bri Bella(who was face last week).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davros1 posted:

Vince brings back Kama, The Supreme Fighting Machine

Kick
Any
Man's
rear end

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm laughing at all the lawsuits a Hart-ran mega fed would rack up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA went like 5 years before doing matches as good as that EC.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Instant replay is dumb across the board. Just gives people more reason to be mad at refs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Alain Post posted:

People suggesting instant replay to solve disputed finishes is like, when I begin to wonder if people are forgetting that wrestling is fake

its important to remember that wrestling is probably the least rigged sport in the world.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if its 60 minutes of Charlotte mauling Nikki, WWE might produce their first apartment wrestling match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Burt Buckle posted:

So how did TNA's lawsuit against Shave Seltzer go? Weren't they going to sue him for defamation?

They lost the lawyer's number and the email address Dixie has isn't correct.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'd take Vickie over Stephanie every day of the week.

agree.

#anyonebutsteph

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TinTower posted:

The indies can't fund Jeff's habit, even with a ridiculous name like "Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts Championship Wrestling".

Jeff's clean, OMEGA is doing ok for a z league indie.

TNA's willing to pay Matt and Jeff an insane amount of money for doing sweet gently caress all. Its not a bad gig if you can put up with Dixie.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

And make money doing it! Also whatever his motives are with Lotus.

sometimes you have to clean the playing field a little.

but yeah, framing The Authority as a purely heel setup doesn't work because the traditional concepts don't match up. Which begs the question, why are they there? If you have this omnipresence that can squash anything whenever they please and they do it arbitrarily, its not fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

why the gently caress is that article on Forbes of all places? :psyduck:

Forbes has been doing more wrestling articles because they have a fan on staff.