Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

dsriggs posted:

:tinfoil: Vincent KILLER McMahon!!!

That's RELLIK spelled backwards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

Only thing I have against the Finger Poke is that DX already did it.

But when DX did it, it was for a secondary title that Shawn Michaels had spent months treating like a joke.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Every time there's a fresh Babinsack, the first thing I do is Ctrl+F for "Bruno", and I've yet to be disappointed.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
When Bischoff first came into WWE, I thought he'd gradually turn Raw into Nitro until Vince got sick of it and they feuded. It's almost like they started going that way, when they moved the announce table back to the entranceway, but that was really it. I don't think the hug itself was the problem, it's that they never built off it in any way. The problem with Bischoff is that he rapidly became just another heel authority figure, despite the fact that he was doing some of the best character work of his career.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

I like that everyone keeps referencing Discovery Networks rather than Destination America. It's almost like they're trying to fool themselves into believing they're on Discovery itself to make them feel better.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are any of the TNA true believers making GBS threads on Sting now?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

IronCladBurrito posted:

WHAT DO HIS UNCLES SAY

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Haven't they cut Tammy Sytch off because she's gone in and hosed up so many times on their dime?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Require More Fire posted:

I think she also laughed about the rehab being a joke, saying she snuck out and to a liquor store while getting treatment.

Don't they also let the talent pick the rehab they go to as well?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Blasmeister posted:

Nom De Plume naming his fictional people Janice and Bob is either terrible or incredible, I don't know which. Did Abyss name any of his weapons Tom?

I wish he named on of them Serj.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

triplexpac posted:

But I thought Patterson just came out for the first time on Legends House???

It was his first time acknowledging it on TV, but they played it up much bigger for TV purposes.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Blame it on the al-al-al-al-al-alcholal.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

epitasis posted:

of all the people to take a retirement stip seriously why did one have to be HBK

Honestly, by this point, I'd be more surprised to see Stone Cold come back for a match. It's been twelve years. I can't think of anyone coming back from a longer layoff.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Did a ctrl+F for "Bruno", was not disappointed.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
What's the chance TNA is in business this time next year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZR1gSvnOI0

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
The women's matches on NXT have done a better job than pretty much other match WWE has done in years at making you feel the competitors really care about winning the match they're in.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

You look stupid!

Clap clap clapclapclap

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

dsriggs posted:

Yeah. Instead of pre-taping an Empty Arena match & playing it on the show, they had everybody in the building leave, then filmed the match.

It seems like every week I hear a LOLTNA story that I haven't heard that instantly becomes my favorite.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Everything on this guy's Facebok page is gold.

Jim Grabowski posted:

all due respect to the late chris benoit BUT the watching your buddy gently caress while hiding in the closet is a GRABOWSKI move. ive been in a closet with another worker in 2002 while ron killings went to town on a street whale in memphis.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
It'll be good to have once they run out of LOL WCW material for the Network.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I thought I heard that Vince actually likes JR personally, but just has a hosed up view of what constitutes a funny joke.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

SONIC 3:16 SAYS I JUST WENT REAL FAST

I'm ashamed of how hard I laughed at this.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
His loving avatar is Michelangelo's David with Dixie Carter's head photoshopped on.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Jim Grabowski came up in this thread a while back, and his Facebook page is amazing:

Jim Grabowski on Facebook posted:

Thank you Daniel Bryan.....for listening to Jumpin Jim Grabowski when we were both in Memphis in 2000. I told him "lose the mask GQ, the ladies will GUSH when they see that babyface" Next week the American Dragon loses the hood, panties commence in being dropped and now he's jamming his balls in a Bellas coochie. Well done kid, you were one of the good ones

Also he seems to think Ezekiel Jackson and Titus O'Neil are the same person.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
His nuts are like typewriters!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hope he wins the world title in a 30 second squash at Slammiversary.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Japanese shampoo endorsements are a personal favorite.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

a retard posted:

I remember reading somewhere back in that sudden spurt of former WWE writers appearing on podcasts that apparently WWE wanted to do a War Games match to blow off the Invasion but scrapped it because of 9/11.

Not that anything could've saved the invasion at that point, but I'd sure as hell remember it a lot fonder if that was the blowoff to it. They had the perfect roster for it at the time.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
The easy loophole is that Lesnar didn't fail a WWE-issued test.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
He's talking about Roman's penis, right?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

If you have the Network be thankful they seem to refuse to add the WWECW full Syfy years

Honestly, once they dropped any pretense of it being anything like the original, I liked WWE's version of ECW a lot more. It was actually my favorite of the shows for quite a while.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
My god, it's full of stars.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hey now
We've got no stars
They're lucky if they
Get paid
Hey now
Or they're old stars
That the WW-
E made

TL fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 4, 2017

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I’ll never get over people getting angry at WWE for pushing a “liberal agenda”.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh my god, Ken Anderson. I’ll always laugh when I think of Scotsman’s feud with him and Jay Bower.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Aesop Poprock posted:

Did you post on the Oratory or Rajah by chance?

No, I used to read them regularly but never posted there.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wasn’t Sushi-X a writer for EGM? Or was there another Sushi-X?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
The first site I read regularly was Wrestleline, then 411. I’ve only ever posted on the forums here and the old Scotsmanality forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

D.N. Nation posted:

WrestleMania 29 not having a women's match, not even a "let's just get everyone on the show" one....man.

There was a mixed tag with Cody, Sandow, and the Bellas against Brodus, Tensai, and the Funkadactyls which was cut for time, but it’s still shocking they didn’t even bother with the Divas title.