Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Eric Young has worked YEARS overtime compared to Bryan!!! I mean sure he's worked 59 matches for TNA in the last 2 years compared to Daniel Bryans FOUR HUNDRED THIRTY EIGHT* in WWE - but EY IS A MUCH HARDER WORKER!!!!!!!

*Yes. That number is real. I can't believe it either.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

gfanikf posted:

Where do you get those stats from? I say that seriously. I didn't realize there was a site was stats that comprehensive.

Cagematch.net

Bryan Match Listing:: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=86&page=4
Eric Match Listing: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=1686&page=4

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I still am thinking Impact gets another deal just so I don't get my hopes up - but do these guys not know how loving quickly WCW went out of business after losing television?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Bobby Lashley is a product of WWE hype and the exact type of wrestler TNA fans would bash WWE for pushing 7 years ago, so seeing them praise him today really is something else.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Does anybody actually read Babinsack articles and not ridicule them?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Apparently he's never heard of a little show called Lost. Jesus.

"Just finished watching the LOST series. Better late than never. I am more lost than ever but loved it. Powerful. Not everything needs to make sense. It's called entertainment."

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Pretty sure 1,100-1,200 is regarded as max capacity in the ballroom if you have practically no setup like ROH, and set up a couple hundred seats on the stage.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

BigDawg is a gigantic idiot and iirc thought 10,000 people were in a 12,000 seat arena (despite over half of it being tarped off) for TNA Bound For Glory last year. He thought this was the case because he was looking at Ticketmaster.

When presented with mathematical facts of how impossible this is his reply was "that's just speculation".

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 30, 2014

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I agree, WWE should book WrestleMania to be a joint show with a place like All Japan in the less than 2k seat arena, Korakuen Hall.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

"you have to admit that the most memorable things in wrestling have not been actual matches."

good lord.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Same.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

LOL

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

His name comes up every once in a while, he's just a stupid blogger.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

That crowd once talked about how nobody actually WATCHES New Japan but they're saying they like it because they want to be "cool".

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Love the realization that before the internet, there was - in fact - print.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

WeaponX posted:

holy poo poo dave was spot on with his prediction for the long term future of wcw.

Alvarez had an amazing moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQVzcS7s7hA

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

holy cow

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Daniel Bryan posted:

The latest in "In Dixie We Trust"

That first sentence is amazing, considering the mentality for years has been NO SPIKE, NO NOTHING.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i hear pizza hut has a new menu today, CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Roman Reigns posted:

Reading the username makes me wonder: how did these people react when AJ Styles did his shoot interviews about TNA?

Unappreciative rear end in a top hat. TNA made him. TNA showed no growth with him on top. We don't need him. etc.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The Spike TV did NOTHING argument gets more ridiculous every day.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Aesop Poprock posted:

Calling your friends to tell them to turn on TNA would at the very least be considered uncouth

Tom: Oh my goodness, no way, she'd kick me right out of the house first, dude...

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Great White Hope posted:

It's stupid because Babe Ruth isn't the GOAT, Barry Bonds is.

It's true.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 26, 2014

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I remember Dave responding to that on one of the shows and I couldn't believe it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Memento posted:

Anyone know the actual numbers? What's the over/under, 500,000.5?

360k.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

There is a hilarious jealousy in regards to New Japan success from TNAMecca. They know practically nothing about it except maybe the mere basics but they're very upset that people like it so much.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 19, 2015

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i don't know what that was but i didn't like it and it's gone now

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Pretty sure Lockdown will just be an episode of Impact because TNA can't afford to do PPV anymore.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think he's claiming views not buys

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Daniel Bryan posted:

Steal this advice Dixie

pro wrestling tees. bump drunk. highspots. netflix.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ribsauce posted:

It wasn't clean, Big Show hit him as a cheap shot while he was the ineligable man.

I mean I've seen plenty of double team move finishes when someone was ineligable.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I mean I think the MITB is pretty ridiculous and there are times that I hate it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

keithy george posted:

His ring name is Stone Cold Steve Austin and that is 5 syllables

the wheelin dealin kiss stealin jet flyin limousine ridin son of a gun ric flair WOO that's over 20

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah that poo poo was chanted at friggin AJ. And the Bellas have gotten miles better.

I mean they're fine now, but have they really?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

good lord

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

who would want to watch young vs. roode in 2015

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

6 months ago I was sure Ambrose would be heel by this point. Figured with Cena, Bryan, Orton & Reigns all at the top, he'd just be floundering as a nothing babyface when he could be a #2 heel.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I like how the guy says he was "a great man 99% of his life" as if he not only knew Benoit but was wise to every little thing that happened in his life.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

never like each other "anymore"

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That seriously sounds like something a kid whose grasp on grammar is pretty shaky would say.

It's more the idea that the tension exists because of the chants, and not because TNA made a bunch of power plays on ROH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

everything is fine every news that ever comes out about tna is fine