Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Power Windows posted:

Why would Iron Claw be eligible for an Oscar in 2025?

Look the animation he outsourced took longer than he thought and it's not like there's any major news he can cover

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/ajoenamedjoe/status/1753435866821808304?s=46
https://twitter.com/ajoenamedjoe/status/1753438202784882792?s=46

“Sure, they may have turned one of Dragon Gate’s biggest stars into a comedy jobber, but you can play him in WWE 2K20!”

Minus the video game stuff Tozawa has had a worse career since signing with WWE than DDT's blow-up doll.

Goblin Queen fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(stone cold glass shatter)

If he's talking about the bear druid guy in Baldur's Gate he's right. But I'm not clicking that

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Drakkel posted:

What in the poo poo does this even have to do with AEW?

If AEW was a real company they would hold massively overproduced press conferences where they try to fix their bad booking decisions. Instead they just focus on having the best wrestling product in North America. Sad.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

AEW is dyin', cloud

AEW: Dying since 2019

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Even if it's for a grift I can't imagine having such little self respect that I'd pretend that a show written for children, geriatrics, and the inebriated was too complicated and confusing for me.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Cult of Pies posted:

On why Okada didn’t sign with the WWE.

Okada saw Bron give himself a concussion running the ropes and knew he couldn't compete. He might as well retire

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

coconono posted:

Both Miro and Andrade figured out pretty quick the checks still clear even if they don't work.

Miro: I asked my God, whyyyy should I wrestle when BIG check clears every week? And he was silent

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Facebook feels like cheating but

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

He's finally dropping the video criticizing WWE.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Love that the new thing to be mad about it a graphic that the crew put up after the show went off the air over 6 months ago.

WWE fans will not remain silent while a billionaire forces his employees to do things against their will for his own gratification.

Goblin Queen fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 20, 2024

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Booker T saying "woooooow" every five seconds adds a lot to commentary

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Friendship ended with STARDOM. Now Pro Wrestling NOAH is my best friend.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

"I love WWE because of the stories"

The stories: I need to win this title for my dad. Actually maybe I'll let the Rock try. Nevermind

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

I didn't think Collision's ratings could get worse than last week. 😔

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1761855495474938196?t=4lBdB_EcmRSbndXTICHv5A&s=19

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/michaelhamflett/status/1761502308838379544

Why would you pay two hundred dollarydoos to watch Insert Generic Wrestler walk to the ring to Insert Generic Def Rebel Theme.

You don't even get to see the giant AR Roman Reigns if you see it live. 😔

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

I guess it's plausible, Ice Cube Jr. is pretty stupid

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Maybe they trained her wrong, as a rib. Or maybe she's an executive's sex slave and being humiliated is part of the power dynamic? It's too soon to say!

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

I do wonder if soaps used to be like this. Like housewives writing into one of those little magazines about the shows they'd sell in the checkout line, saying General Hospital sucks and the ratings are down.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Lot of people coming out of the wood work to talk their poo poo on Sting now that he's hung up the bat for good. 🤔

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

It's like when your partner's cooking sucks so you get a burger on the way home.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Furry AEW critic

Trained an AI on AEW content to analyze why they're so bad. AI starts going off on Cornette style rants. The whole thing is a work, obviously, just reading scripted material.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Just on vibes, it feels more badass to lose in a local combat sport tournament you absolutely don't have to do on your day off than to declare to the world you're an mma fighter now and then get your rear end beat by a can on ppv.

Additionally, Moxley starting from the bottom is much more respectable than if he were to, hypothetically, use his fame to secure a spot in the top MMA promotion facing opponents handpicked for his skill level or lack thereof, and still losing.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Suplex Liberace posted:

cm punk got paid a bunch of money to just do one of his hobbies/dreams and in losing in humiliating fashion kept himself in the public eye. im very jealous of his grift

You do have to give it to him, he's a hell of a carny

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Might have to offer a Jase Regal Memorial Thread bounty for the first person to find a black bloc guy posting CINEMA. SEATED. LEVELS. about the next Bloodline segment. I just really want to see that.

https://twitter.com/offtheshoulder4/status/1770814772105146443

Unfortunately they've already been arrested because their Head of the Table and Greatness on a Different Level shirts kind of defeated the purpose of black bloc 😔

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Oh God, are these freaks going to start accusing AEW of operating pizza basements at their shows or something?

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Granted I have never watched this but to me that doesn't seem weird compared to this:

https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1238069724124196865

All time great Deuce.

The worst part of living in the WWE arcology is having to fight in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal every year to keep my spot. I've lost 3 roommates that way. 😔

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Very easy for some of Eric's brain power to mistake Quebec City for montreal. Very easy mistake to make indeed

The brain geniuses in the replies have helpfully pointed out that he didn't refer to Quebec City specifically and was speaking instead of the hot market of... the entire nation of Canada, I guess.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

WWE tried to make non race based factions, but wrestling fans weren't ready for that first iteration of the Nation of Domination that had Ron Simmons, Savio Vega, and two white guys. 😔

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

not sure if this was covered in The Study…

This dude saw those Beaver Cleavage skits on WWE as a kid at just the right formative moment to gently caress him up for life. Yet another crime Vince is guilty of. 😔

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Do WWE tribalists confuse mediocrity with brilliance because years of WWE programming has destroyed their critical faculties, or are idiots just naturally to the fed? One day, science will hopefully find an answer

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

cagliostr0 posted:

I've watched that video 10 times and I still can't figure out how she transitions from a static cross body to that spinning poo poo. Tony you know what needs to happen.

Mizuki has heard of physics but doesn't believe in that poo poo, because she's built different.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Well a month ago I would have said Kevin Kelly

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

a dumb moron posted:

Mercedes isn’t a bad promo per se but every word of every sentence and every movement she does all feel choreographed and rehearsed and it is too noticeable and it kinda takes me out of it.

I hope she adjusts to AEW's style at some point and brings in a little more authenticity and vulnerability to her character, especially as a babyface

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t think she’s staying babyface past this initial debut stretch.

She should join up with Okada and the Bucks after she turns heel on Willow. Call it the Corporate Elite or something

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

little munchkin posted:

im team hook being in no hurry at all while putting his belt down before helping break up the fight

He was taking his time because he didn't want CM Punk's blood on his hands

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Shard posted:

And thats enough Twitter for a long while for me

https://x.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1778239446774612062

What just happened?!?
🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

I thought Punk leaked the real glass stuff to make himself sound like a real locker room leader or something

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

If that was the second time Andrade had assaulted a coworker, tarnishing AEW's reputation once again and nearly ruining the biggest PPV in the company's history, I suspect he would have been poo poo canned as well.

https://twitter.com/Verpion_/status/1778936093045342487?t=5QXPPbNtiIAgtU8ZTLIJNw&s=19

Goblin Queen fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 13, 2024

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

rotinaj posted:

Don’t worry, he is exactly as bad as you think

Brags about having a black card (TJ Maxx credit card)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

VideoWitch posted:

If Sean Ross is Cyclops then who's Wolverine?

The mortgage grifter if we're going by how often he shows up in a month.