Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Kind of slowly trying more fighting games. I'm trying to get better at Abel. I do okay against similar melee-heavy characters like Makoto, but I tend to struggle against really good spacers like Seth. Abel's lack of a fast jab or meterless defensive option is also a bit annoying at time, but I guess one just has to suck it up and learn to just block well?

I've also played around with Juri and Fuerte, which re fun enough but have the same defensive problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
How do you deal with grapplers as Abel? I mean I get that Tornado Throw is grab-immune but otherwise I'm even having trouble against Hakan.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
What's a good pocket sub if I main Abel? I'm still working on him, just wondering if there's another character I can use on problematic matchups.

Juri and Cody seem alright. Ibuki's got cool tools as well.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

A.o.D. posted:

His dad the oil magnate probably just throws money at him to shut him up, so he literally has nothing better to do.

Is he actually Hakan

• Locked thread