Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Colorado, that was horrible. Lord Dempsey strikes again motherfuckers.

Edit: BOW DOWN, PEASANTS!

DR AIDS fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Pappa has had a really good game so far. People were prepping to turn him into this year's Jaqua, so I'm really happy to see him getting it together out there. Will he be here during the WC break?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Colorado seems like a bad team

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

DR AIDS posted:

Colorado, that was horrible. Lord Dempsey strikes again motherfuckers.

Edit: BOW DOWN, PEASANTS!
What a loving beast, I hope he gets another hat trick

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Remember when I said I didn't think the Sounders had good enough forwards and we wouldn't get more than 1 goal a game?

Hahahahha. :sweatdrop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paddyb posted:

Colorado seems like a bad team

They were buoyed early by loads of PK calls in their early games and will probably continue to perform poorly

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Oh Oba :shobon:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Colorado has a wealth of very good young players, so on that front I'd say that they are one of the most set teams for the future.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Ahhh this rules

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hack has lost it

Welp

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I only hope Mastroeni improves as a coach, Colorado with Pareja last year was looking so promising.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Missed most of the first half, caught most of the second half. Good game, and obviously the defense was probably excited about the goals, but there were some very easy passes that were messy.

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw a Dalek flag being waved in Sounders colors. I approve.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Great last chance by Torres there :bravo:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Great last chance by Torres there :bravo:

There might be a gif of that later.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Is this a thing because it's incredibly stupid.

It was a joke, yes, but let's be real. NY doesn't want the RB's.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Huge gif of that Dempsey move: http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4363061/Deuce_Spin_Pass.gif

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I see big Bill is back. Probably will get a red card. Who cares. Vamos you Olsen cunts.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Jesus. Our defenders do not appear to actually want to touch the ball.j

edit: That was a great pass, pity the attempt wasn't on frame

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

guppy posted:

Jesus. Our defenders do not appear to actually want to touch the ball.j

edit: That was a great pass, pity the attempt wasn't on frame

We loving suck.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Christ. What a way to allow a goal.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Dallas gives the ball away in the midfield, DC carries the ball forward, every single attacker simply runs forward. Nobody curls, nobody comes for ball, so simplistic and idiotic. It's like how I play FIFA, just chipping the ball over the top to 90+ pace guys.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dear FC Dallas announcers,

1. One of you sounds almost exactly like Kevin Calabro and it keeps loving with me.
2. Same dude also needs to learn how to pronounce "Espindola". No need to sound like Simon Borg, but maybe a little bit closer actual Spanish would be nice.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 27, 2014

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Red card woooooo thanks Loyd we might get a draw now!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Way to be retarded Dallas, you better not lose and give Olsen credibility

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Holy gently caress Columbus get your poo poo together.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Here's a fun game. When DC has the ball in the final third, watch everyone off the ball.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh hey, EJ actually did something.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Every team we play goes full retard now. gently caress it, I am just going to follow the Wizards

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Every team we play goes full retard now. gently caress it, I am just going to follow the Wizards

Maybe they're really just not that bad this season?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

420DD Butts posted:

They're bad, just lucking out in ways we didn't last year.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

420DD Butts posted:

We are marginally better, but coached very poorly. Everyone else honestly does look marginally worse.

A charitable man might call United "no-frills."

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

aesop jones posted:

We are marginally better, but coached very poorly. Everyone else honestly does look marginally worse.

A charitable man might call United "no-frills."

It's amazing how lovely some teams are playing actually. The Eastern Conference in particular is a disgrace but also the lower 2/3 of the West

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Colorado seems to be a good team with a naive (or bad, we'll see in time) head coach. Columbus looked really good and then has fallen apart recently. I don't know if our (Houston's) style is finally being outgrown by the league or what. But yeah, a lot of formerly good teams look pretty poor.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Beautiful ugly goal

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

now THAT was a nice move by Espindola

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Thanks DC!

edit: Holy poo poo guys

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 27, 2014

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Who the gently caress are these guys?!

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

This is the only time I don't mind seeing Korb on the field.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Who the gently caress are these guys?!

It's almost like they're playing man up for 60 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It's almost like they're playing man up for 60 minutes

So what you're saying is they've learned the lesson of last week and are improving despite bad coaching, not saving Olsen's job but instead validating themselves as players?

• Locked thread