Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Straker
Nov 10, 2005
Red light cameras take pictures a couple seconds apart so they can (for example) tell if you were just slow making a left hand turn as the light changed, or that sort of thing, and obviously a human has to go through all those, so no even if their software was poorly written (lowest bidder and all) I can't see this plan working very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Straker
Nov 10, 2005
License plates are easily OCRed for a reason though, that would be useless. I think old fashioned is probably better, if you want to be an annoying little poo poo get one of those tacky translucent yellow license plate covers or my favorite, from one of those stupid old anarchist handbooks/jolly roger cookbook type things: steal someone's plates, put them on another car, then put the second car's plates on your own :v:

edit: I just realized it should be pretty trivial to use a chunk of privacy filter to make your license plate unreadable from an angle, such as speed/red light cameras, without immediately getting pulled over, but on the other hand if you ever parked in public you'd be hosed once any kind of cop/meter reader notices your plate looks black from eye level when you're standing by the car

Straker fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 28, 2014

• Locked thread