Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
There was a guy complaining earlier about playlist management, it does seem to be better w/ 8.1. I can go to an album, multi-select a couple songs, say "Add to..." and my playlist comes up as an option. I still wish I could copy playlists from the desktop to my phone, but *sigh*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Something neat I noticed:

Check out the "tiles" on the Wordament tile. They're transparent as well. Neat little touch, and I love the scrolling background stuff.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
It kinda sucks you have to have location on to use Cortana for anything other than searching. You don't need to know where I am to remind me to call my Mom! :argh:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Rent posted:

Everyone is saying the podcast app is good. What???

It doesn't loving resume! Every time I leave a podcast, it resets its place which is ridiculous. I also don't see 1.25x like the guy mentioned before; just 1.5 and 2.0 (which is ridiculous why is that even an option)

Is mine broken?

That, Xbox Music, and the Games throwing up all over my app list are driving me insane. Everything else is great!

Fwiw, the podcast app holds its place for me... how did you get podcasts into it?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Do any of the MS people in this thread know if syncing a playlist from the desktop app is ever going to work again?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Maneki Neko posted:

From libraries or itunes?

I still have my keep 10 songs plan, so I still make playlists in Zune. I've tried in zune and windows media player and I end up with a 0-song playlist on my device.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Maneki Neko posted:

Yeah, I'm pondering jumping ship this year over the state of the music experience (both the app and syncing), and I was literally the only non-microsoft employee purchasing a phone back on 7.x launch day at my local AT&T store. :(

Same here. Is iTunes on PC really atrocious? For gently caress's sake, every single loving thing about music/podcasts is DELIBERATELY loving worse on WP8/8.1/Windows8.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
I got an update on my phone this morning, but it doesn't seem to be the full 8.1 latest update. My OS version now shows as 8.10.14147.180.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

eh?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Charles Martel posted:

In MixRadio, XBox Music, or Awful Music on WP 8.1, how do I stop multi-disc albums from showing up all in one list? It will look like this:

Disc 1 - Track 1
Disc 2 - Track 1
Disc 1 - Track 2
Disc 2 - Track 2
etc
etc

I tried retagging all of the albums with Mp3Tag which assigned disc number tags to the mp3s, but no dice. Am I missing something or is it just more Windows Phone hijinks?

Edit: Figured it out. I had to go back and literally put Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3, etc. in the Album title in Mp3Tag for the Windows apps to separate them. I guess it completely ignores the disc number tag. That was driving me crazy.

What's just as fun is when it mismatches your music because you don't have "Album Version" in the subtitle.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Anyone on Sprint and able to comment on their WP offerings?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
I love playlists. I create many playlists on my computer.

I can't seem to get them on my loving phone.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Factor Mystic posted:

If you don't say what format, you're probably just going to keep being disappointed.

I made them in Windows Media Player, so .wpl. I've tried copying them from both windows media player and the WP desktop app.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
I think on the earlier points of WP disappointment, anyone who never used Zune/wp7 is probably ok with their WP8+ device. Those of us who were loyal Zune-ers (Zuneites?) have just been beaten with lashes ever since wp8 came out. It's *so* much worse, music-wise, and that's all I really want from my phone. :/ Still can't copy a damned playlist from my PC to my phone.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Latest playlist fun.

I have 600+ songs in my current library. (I have another 1000 I'll import some day when the platform isn't terrible). I have 3 playlists I made in WMP. I set the Windows desktop app to copy "All Music" to my phone, which checks everything in all the available treeviews (playlists, genres, artists) and copy every thing over. All my music makes it fine. No playlists get copied to my phone. :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

LifeSizePotato posted:

Do decision makers on the WP team know how frustrated and discontented even their former fanboys and apologists are getting?

Man, I'd hope so. :negative:

Still would like playlists on my phone, please.