Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Well I broke the screen hours after posting this and cannot find a newer model anywhere. I may have to go android and I really do not want too

Buy another screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Anybody who wants a good small brick of a phone like the Nokia 900 series, I can't recommend the Sony xz1 compact enough. 720p screen + sd835 + 2700mAh battery = 104 hours of stand by time.

It's amazing.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Sombrerotron posted:

Apparently something broke internally, so the micro-USB port can't be replaced. RIP my trusty old 820. :smith:

Decided to settle for a Motorola G5, which seems all right so far (while I wait for a nano-sized SIM card so I don't have to rely on WiFi, ugh). I'll definitely need some time getting used to how Android - or at least Motorola's implementation of it - is set up, though. Also the one Dutch voice pack for Google Maps can gently caress right off so it's a good thing HERE's on Android as well.

Your current sim card can just be cut to fit.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

joebuddah posted:

Wish I could find my 920, I loved the being able to download the maps

Here we go is here drive with a different name. It lets you download maps still

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I'm still salty how poorly MS handled the WP7 -> WP8 -> WP10 transition. :argh:

I get it, 7 being CE and 10 running the full WP10 kernel and frontend was a huge technical achievement, but they really hosed up with cutting support for 7 so quickly after 8 was released, and 8 being a bastard redheaded step-child when 10 came out.

I miss my 950XL :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I remember hacking my HD2 to throw WP7 on it. It worked so well. :smith: