Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Vice President of App Experiences and New Wave Music

Edit: Here's our "automatically chop out Google ads" mode!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

:geno:: "Wow...that's some really cool stuff."

Wait, are we getting a Powerglove?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I just jumped over to a windows phone for the first time. While there's a lot I like, the Windows phone store is a loving wasteland. Can anyone make recommendations or point me to a list of Windows equivalents to Android apps? I'm looking for:

1. Podcast manager (Came from using BeyondPod)
2. Weight-lifting tracker (Jeffit Pro)
3. Running tracker (Runkeeper)
4. Audiobook reader (Mortplayer)
5. Task manager (Any Do)

If there are agreed upon upgrades to the standard stuff, I'd appreciate that too.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I just bought an Icon on Swappa for $200. I'm loving it so far.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Is the bootloader on the Fire phone cracked and if so, are there any stable Android roms for it? I'm still getting fantastic use out of my Cyanogen-modded Nook HD+ and I'd love to continue the trend of picking the corpse of vanity projects for expensive hardware.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I really miss my old lumia icon and I'd like to go back to Windows phone. Can y'all recommend the best value for a Verizon compatible Windows phone? The icon did everything I wanted in a phone (although expandable storage and a swappable battery would be nice).

An HTC one? Another icon? Something else?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

God that's depressing.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Is anyone still using their windows phone. I just busted the poo poo out of my current phone and I miss my old Nokia experience. I see that I can get an unboxed HtC M8 One for like $100.

I use my phone for browsing, Netflix, podcasts and audiobooks so it's not like I need a cutting edge phone.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I had a Lumia Icon and it did everything I wanted it to. I'm not super worried about functionality, more the end of security updates, though Security through Obscurity seems to also be a thing. Who the gently caress would even bother making windows phone malware?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah the dream is dead all hail the new old android.