Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Chasiubao posted:

I thought it was just me! I still use my 640 for the gym, and half the time I have to restart the phone just to get it to connect :smith:

I used to have it constantly in 8.1, then it disappeared in 10 until the most recent update. Ihave a 930.

As things stand I'm probably going to inherit my wife's Iphone6s since she received a new one from work with an unlimited plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I have said goodbye to nu 930, my wife had à spare iphone6s after she received a new one from work.
If this message is barely legionella it's THE IPhone correcting my spelling.
Good lord this typing is terrible

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
After changing the keyboard my switch has been much better. I now use SwiftKey which auto detects the language I'm typing in, has good suggestions and appears more accurate to my fingers while typing.

I don't miss the speed of my lumia930 as IOS is blazing fast as well.

I used Cortana mostly for short commands but it failed pretty often due to not being able to deal with local names. Siri however understands everything. Did you know Siri is a dude here.

My contacts are a bit messy but nothing I can't solve, I just wish the social integration was more like Windows phone.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Strabo4 posted:

I went from my Nokia 1520 to an iPhone 6s Plus when my Nokia started to go screwy. I loved the beauty and simplicity of the Windows Phone OS and anytime I touched an Android I had no idea what the gently caress was going on or how to get anywhere to get anything done. I have a great deal of disdain for the mobile ecosystem and I really don't want to devote any attention to configuring a dozen things to get it to an acceptable state or worrying about whether device XYZ would continue to receive updates, I want my phone to just work without me having to constantly gently caress with it. I get that out of my system already with my computers.

I miss the larger screen and the pretty background I found of Neptune with the transparent tiles I was able to resize and arrange to my every whim, but that's about it. The iPhone is nifty but the multiple pages of apps thing pisses me off so much that I OCD'd until I got every single thing moved onto the first page arranged in a dozen different folders. SO UGLY.

Hello soulmate. :)
This is almost exactly my story.