Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I'm getting a weird bug with group messaging. My dad has been trying to send everyone updates about my grandpa in the hospital. Everyone else included in the message is getting it just fine. I've gotten group messages before from different sources so I don't think that's the problem.

He's got a Moto something or other on Verizon
I've got a Lumia 920 on AT&T

Anyone know of a fix for this? Kind of annoying to have to text my wife after each group message with "what did my dad just send?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah I checked my group messaging setting just in case; it's all good. My wife is on the same AT&T plan as me with her iPhone and she's getting the messages just fine. So I'm not sure if it's Verizon fuckery or if something in his Android settings isn't playing nice with WP or what.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

OldPueblo posted:

If you aren't getting them at all, maybe he's got the wrong phone number for you on your contact card?

Nah I'm getting a "Media content in this message" text like he's sending a picture or something, but it's blank. And everyone else in the group is just getting text. So I get dinged every time he sends one out, I just can't read it.

e: and he can message me individually just fine. It's only group messaging I have a problem with.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Neither of us uses google voice or the like for anything. I was mainly hoping there was some setting on his phone I could change. I've never used an Android before though so I'm not sure if there's a message type or anything like that.

Googling the problem shows that I'm not the only one having it but I haven't found any solutions yet.

vvvv I'm on AT&T and he's just sending text

Devo fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 18, 2014

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

My 920 is starting to crap out after two years and I'm getting to the point where I don't want to piss with it anymore and I'm ready to get a new phone. Is there anything worth getting? Should I even care about this platform anymore? I thought about a 1520 but that seems lolhuge.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

My wife got a new iPhone so I finally gave up the ghost and took her 6 as mine. I've been on WP since the HTC Surround so it's a bit of a culture shock. The WP tiles and contacts hub are leagues better than they are on IOS. However, iPhone beats my old Nokia in literally every other category. Having apps that actually work is an experience.

It's dead. If you're thinking about switching, you may as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I have an iPhone now because my wife likes them and I just take her old one when she upgrades. So I'm rocking a 6 now and I'll have a 7 next time she gets the itch. I kind of miss my WP because nothing quite matches the aesthetic, but on the other hand it's nice to have apps that work and are occasionally updated.