Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch
I like this Windows Phone and I hope that I can buy one http://wmpoweruser.com/nuans-neo-with-snapdragon-617-supports-continuum-for-phones/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch
It is, but I'm willing to make the concession for everything else that it does so well for me. It's missing some other weird thing that I'd considered standard at this point too, but I can't remember what it was, lemme look.

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch
There's nothing that iOS could do that would make me switch to an iPhone. I mean, they could revamp the UI, but they won't. If my 950 dies and I can't find a replacement, I will be pretty bummed.

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch
I'm still stubbornly using a 950 despite Spotify barely functioning anymore. I have been deliberating over whether dealing with iOS or Android would suck less for so long that I have lost all objectivity for either of them and have no will to make a choice.

he;lp

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch

Stick100 posted:

Both are fine, what is important to you/what do you do on the phone, we can help.

I'm pretty sure I will wind up going with the Nokia PureView that is supposed to be coming out soon. I care a lot about having a good camera on my phone for no real reason, the MS services I care about will almost certainly be better on Android than iOS, and I imagine with enough noodling I can develop a UX that works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch

Partycat posted:

Maybe that’s cause it could be tweaked rather than it needing to but I don’t care if it is my desire to play with poo poo or not - I don’t want to do it .

iOS is what it is but it is also perfectly reasonable IMO , holds value , works every time for me etc .

If you want to dive in by playing with launchers and things then yeah get android

I really don't. Woke up pretty sure my next phone will be an iPhone, regardless of all of the ways that ios is what it is purely for this. One of the reasons I like W10 is that I never had to really gently caress with anything beyond seasonally rearranging my homescreen.