Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rckgrdn
Apr 26, 2002

So that's how it's made...

Combat Pretzel posted:

I've just started and am not sure how it's supposed to work. You'd think you have to specify XAML files with styles in the platform specific projects. But since the shared project is referenced by these, it'd cause a circular reference. Maybe I've forgotten how XAML dictionaries are being handled (and the editor applies special handling). --edit: Then again, the App.xaml, where you link the dictionaries, is in the shared project.
It helps if you don't think of the shared project as a traditional project - it's not referenced by the two client projects, but is a collection of files that will be included in both. This is why you can have a view in the shared project that references a style that's only defined in a client-specific XAML resource dictionary. It's basically doing the equivalent of linked files between the two clients without the overhead of the dev having to keep the two in-sync.

You can share as much or as little as you like, all the views can be in the shared project and just the client-specific implementations for things like file IO or sensors in each client project. It's really pretty nifty :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rckgrdn
Apr 26, 2002

Ev posted:

Has anyone else had problems with Nokia MixRadio not playing since updating to 8.1? It just won't load music for me now.
When you say it won't load music, do you get a black screen when you go into the my music section? There was a huge performance regression in the part of 8.1 that powers the artist list, where it took 10x longer than in 8.0. Depending on how much music you have, and in particular how many artists, it could take a very long time to load.

Our 4.4 release, which is in the final stages of release prep, should fix this. But if it's something else you guys are getting, let me know!

rckgrdn
Apr 26, 2002

Ev posted:

I didn't explain that well. It was actually just not streaming mixes I'd already created, but when I bothered to make a new mix it streamed just fine.
If you guys who had this problem want to help out, if you PM me your IMEI (dial *#06# to get it) then I can look in the logs and see what caused your issue when I get back in the office. Sounds like it might be related to the lost login...

LentThem posted:

Oh wow, I have that exact problem.
Hold tight, a fix is on its way :)

rckgrdn
Apr 26, 2002

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I use the Nokia MixRadio app. Works really well and the tile is a pretty pink. :allears:
You wouldn't believe the abuse we get for the tile colour from some reviewers, especially the Russians... Glad someone likes it!

rckgrdn
Apr 26, 2002

LentThem posted:

Okay quick employment check: Xylo and thestoreroom, you guys still around? Probably too personal but I'm super curious.
Now that MixRadio is being spun-off as a separate business, I'll soon be leaving Microsoft - it's a shame, but speaking personally I think it's a great opportunity for us.

Being free from the imposed release schedules of device programmes will be a nice change, though I will miss playing with the prototypes ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rckgrdn
Apr 26, 2002

Sri.Theo posted:

Mix radio is still working for me as of right now. Don't think you'll get anything else that is ad free and no cost. How would they make money?
It's no longer available for download, but existing installs will still work for at least the next day or so - an update is coming that'll explain things. Then not long after that, the service will be turned off for good :(

The ad-free streaming was only possible when it was funded by the Nokia/Microsoft BOM cost, so it wasn't going to last long once that was taken away, and I can't think of any comparable ad-free atlternatives...