Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General E
Aug 25, 2003

How do I get apps to show up in the Action Center settings, so I can set whether I get toasts, sounds, etc? I have many more apps that give me toasts than are showing up -- is this a thing the app has to be written to support, so not a lot is there yet, or should anything currently using toasts show up?

EDIT - With the Me Tile no longer giving me notifications, I can't get Twitter to show up in the Action Center, which is silly. I just had people @-mention me and send me DMs, and I set the WP8 Twitter app to notify me for everything, and I'm getting nothing. No toasts, no option to show anything in the Action Center, etc.

General E fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General E
Aug 25, 2003

Darth TNT posted:

If I read it correctly here the me tile doesn't give updates anymore?
Does it even have any use left?

Nope! They also removed the ability to post one update to multiple social networks.

General E
Aug 25, 2003

Darth TNT posted:

To be fair, I don't use the me tile all that much.

I used it to occasionally post the same update to FB and Twitter simultaneously ... otherwise, I'm okay with the Action Center instead of the Me Tile giving me my social notifications if it would work. So far, FB is inconsistent (but it mostly works) and I can't get the Twitter app to notify me in the Action Center at all.

General E
Aug 25, 2003

RasputinVarez posted:

My main use of a smartphone is actually as a GPS tracker, using endomondo right now but my phone is poo poo so it keeps crashing.

Try Run the Map ... I've used it on multiple WP devices and have never had a crash. Not as pretty as Endomondo, but it gets the job done.

General E
Aug 25, 2003

Subterfrugal posted:

I just jumped over to a windows phone for the first time. While there's a lot I like, the Windows phone store is a loving wasteland. Can anyone make recommendations or point me to a list of Windows equivalents to Android apps? I'm looking for:

1. Podcast manager (Came from using BeyondPod)
2. Weight-lifting tracker (Jeffit Pro)
3. Running tracker (Runkeeper)
4. Audiobook reader (Mortplayer)
5. Task manager (Any Do)

If there are agreed upon upgrades to the standard stuff, I'd appreciate that too.

1) I find the built-in Podcasts app fine for my needs, but Podcast+ Pro is nice.
2) I've used several, and my favorite is Gymbuilder Pro
3) I think I've used every one on the platform at this point, and Runtastic is my favorite. It's one of the only cross-platform ones that seems to give a crap about keeping the WP experience up to par with the other platforms.
5) Wunderlist. Clearer is also nice and minimalist, but Wunderlist is better all-around.

General E
Aug 25, 2003

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

Cool thanks guys I went ahead and ordered it, dont think I could find a better phone for <250.

I agree! I love my Icon. Especially now that it has Denim ... The camera app's speed increase is living up to the hype.

General E
Aug 25, 2003

Thinking about finally moving into the Windows 10 Phone Insider world. Will my WP8 apps stick around after the upgrade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General E
Aug 25, 2003

Chasiubao posted:

Zune Xbox Groove Music passes (digital codes) are being sold with $50 code on the MS Store today. Effectively $50 for the pass.

Watch out on this ... The code has to be redeemed by the end of Jan, and you have to spend it all 90 days after activating it. I'm jumping on this, because I was about to spend a ton on educational apps anyway, but be wary that you can't sit on this $50 for too long.