Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Mr Funkface posted:

I went for a run and my 950 took a bit of a tumble on the tarmac. Everything seems to be fine bar a few dings in the mozo (PS I'm impressed with how resilient the screen is - my 1520 couldn't withstand a 2 ft drop onto tile, and iPhones can't take much before the screen is knackered). One weird thing is the my text size has ballooned - I tried changing the Setting > Display > Size of Text slider which seems to only go down to 300%. Is that the minimum? I'm sure it used to go down to 100%. Is there any other place to change text size? It's huge in all the menus, Edge, txts, emails, everywhere. Thank you Hive Mind!

Edit: I restarted it a few times and nothing, trying to avoid a hard reset because Millions of Passwords.

It only goes down to 300% on mine, but see if Magnifier got enabled. Double tap with two fingers to toggle it.

edit: Also try going to Ease of Access, More options, and Text Scaling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
My 950 seems to be stuck in landscape mode. 😫

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I want a Nokia 8 hehe

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Guillermus posted:

How long will Microsoft keep the app servers and such? Kinda thinking on selling my 640XL before this catches up and loses (even more) value.

At least June 2019.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Can I get a warranty replacement then?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
My Lumia 950 just started going black if I try to do almost anything on it while off the charger (and sometimes while on it). Is that a defective battery? I ordered one through Amazon but it won't get here until Tuesday.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Charles posted:

My Lumia 950 just started going black if I try to do almost anything on it while off the charger (and sometimes while on it). Is that a defective battery? I ordered one through Amazon but it won't get here until Tuesday.

Got here a little early, it fixed everything and even some bugs I was having. Wow. No wonder Apple neutered their old phones with bad batteries. Meanwhile my 5 year old HTC 8X still works.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'm gonna grab a Nokia 7 plus as soon as I can get my hands on one, so yeah I'd really like Cortana to work as well as WP. I had an iPhone for about a week last year and didn't like it so I returned it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Mr Funkface posted:

Can I get a heads-up on which you ordered? Going through the Amazon reviews the batteries seem a little hit and miss. My 950 is acting up, shedding juice, and shutting down.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1OCXB9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was this one.

How hard is it to mail a lithium ion battery? I am going to return my 950 this week. I really wanted my money back instead of a store credit, but doesn't seem like even if I bitch a lot it will happen.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Mr Funkface posted:

Why, what's the problem? Did it not arrive, was it broken when you got it? Did it just not work? Need info before I get one myself.

If I wanted to send it to you, as I will no longer have the phone shortly.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Give you store credit for what you paid minus the deductible.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I figured this thread had hit the archives, or I would have searched my bookmarks to post this, haha.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
How does this HTC 8X from 2012 or so still hold a charge and work fine when my Lumia 950 couldn't after a year?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I still haven't figured out how to get Android to read my text messages out loud, like on Windows Phone. I even have Cortana installed. I also had to disable Microphone permission to Google Assistant, despite saying I don't want it to respond to "OK Google" it would not stop listening for that.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Anybody want a Lumia Continuum display dock?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oh cool, I never even opened the box. It says Gen 3.1 ver 2 or whatever.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Cool, it worked with my Nokia 9, although it outputted 16 bit color or something. I'll fiddle with it later.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Charles posted:

Cool, it worked with my Nokia 9, although it outputted 16 bit color or something. I'll fiddle with it later.

I got accepted to the Xbox Xcloud beta. Well, I had gotten sick of my Nokia not working so I bought an iPhone. I still have the Nokia so I hooked it up to the TV with the continuum dock and it's basically a tiny Xbox streaming device. Awesome.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The Surface Duo is finally here :goofy:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I wonder if I turn on my HTC 8X if it'll work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Lmao I couldn't find the 8X but I found a Lumia 650 that hasn't been turned on in probably two years and it still has 56% battery. Wow