Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
One thing that needs to be fixed is the ability to add words to autocorrect.You used to be able to highlight then hit the + symbol and it would add that word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Has any other Toyota owners noticed that after the update you can no longer browse the device for songs from the in dash radio?

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005

Doomsday Jesus posted:

My wife just got a 1520 and signed in with her love account.

It tried syncing then said "not up to date." So, we told it to sync again. She triple checked her login information and it is correct. She gets the error code 86000c0a when trying to download apps or update existing apps.

Any ideas?

1. Open Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC)

2. Clicked View -> Selected "Advanced Features"

3. Opened the AD structure to find my/the affected user

4. Right-click on user -> Properties

5. Select the "Security" tab

6. Clicked the "Advanced" button (it's the one next to this text "For special permissions or advanced settings, click Advanced.")

7. Checked the "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" box

8. Clicked "OK" to close the "Advanced" box

9. Clicked "OK" to close the "[USER] Properties" box

10. Closed ADUC

11. Wait

12. Re-sync phone (At this point I had just looked at phone and had already synced)

13. win

From Microsoft forums

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005

Venusy posted:

Has anyone had any problem with alarms since updating to 8.1? None of my alarms went off this morning, and I overslept a bit.

You might want to check the alarm ringer. Mine defaulted back to Nokia ones.

Also I didn't see it mentioned here. You can swipe left and right in explorer to go forward and backward.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Has anyone figured out how to use the integrated Skype function when making a call? I have Skype installed and can use the app, but the button is disabled in the call options while a call is in progress

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005

Ev posted:

Drastic Actions, your app is great, thanks for taking the time to make it. Very nice layout and readability.

Question for everyone here--does anyone else have problems with the Xbox Video app loading their collection? I have a ton of videos that I've bought (mostly TV shows and one or two movies) over the years on the Xbox and while I can view some of them through the web interface, when I open the app on my 1520 nothing happens past a screen that says "loading". I mean, I can access the store if I wanted to buy more videos, but I can't see a list of videos in my collection.

It's weird because when I first got this phone I recall being able to see some of the videos in my collection and watched one or two, but now nothing and I'm not sure if it happened when the app itself updated or when I updated to the 8.1 beta. Granted I haven't updated the latest 8.1 beta, and I suppose I should do so, but has anyone else had this problem?

Have you tried swiping left or right? Xbox video app loads on the store on my 920 then I have to swipe left or right a few screens to get to my collection. Before 8.1 my collection was on the main screen I think. Also some videos on Xbox video do expire, and have to be downloaded before a certain date.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
My 920 hasn't got the official update yet, but Xbox music is working again. By working I mean loads almost immediately rather then the two minutes it has been taking.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Anyone else having issues with cutting and pasting in explorer after cyan

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I wish they would have her(Cortana's) face instead of that stupid circle.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Looks like they broke Xbox music again, now it loads but its not showing any of my songs

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I love my 920 and as crazy as it sounds I loved my surface rt. All I use my rt for is word processing, light web browsing and watching movies on the go. Anyway I am due for an upgrade and want to stick with a Lumina. But I don't want anything much bigger than then 920. Any recommendations?

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Where can I find the api for the forums. I was thinking about making a forums app for xbox

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Today when I started my car with my phone in my pocket,it connected as an audio device not a phone. Has anyone else had this happen or know why?

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
The guys on xda found a new way to run homebrew in 8.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/development/xap-source-registry-tool-little-t2933964

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
There was a softcard app for WP that worked last year when google tried to launch their pay system. The app is no longer available in the U.S. app store dont know about everywhere else.

Does edge on WP 10 have built in flash support like on the surface?

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
If you look on the Microsoftstore website you should be able to view phones by carrier. Verizon and sprint are both cdma carriers. You could buy one from the site and have Customer service activate the phone over the phone. Obviously you need to use another line to switch the phone. It's not a big deal

Windows 10 report for 920.

So far it seems a little faster. But there is no swipe to touch or office. While I understand that they are not shipping office with wp 10, I though since I was upgrading I should keep it.

Outlook is greatly improved.

Though its a small thing one thing that I really like is,the addition of arrows on the keyboard.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
For the most part Wp is great. I like that it works without a bunch of twerking. The lack of apps is starting to bug me. It's not the games as much as other things. The web browser experience was great, but has gotten buggy with the last update. My wife hates Apple products so we wont be using those. As for Droid, we bought a cheapo tablet 5 years ago and it soured the Droid experience.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I really want to know why Word on Android is so much better than Word on Wp.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I must have to admit the one thing I miss about my windows phone compared to Android is the lack of ads on Facebook and Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Wish I could find my 920, I loved the being able to download the maps