Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Individual volume levels for ringers/notifications and media, at long last!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Really sad that Music does not have a live tile anymore.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

PlaneGuy posted:

Yeah xbox music for windows phone is almost as bad as xbox music for windows 8.

I'm not liking removing old stuff in favour of the new. I know you guys are jizzing all over the notification center, but they also removed the notifications on the me tile, so my workflow is gone. Also great WP features that are dead: multi-service posts, facebook chat in messaging, and apparently moving the cursor around in ie11 what the hell?

At least the live tile on windows 8 tells you the artist, track name, and I think the song time.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I woke up and was kind of surprised, this is still way more support than my last two verizon phones received.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

Variable_H posted:

The Zune was a disaster, so they can't use anything from that.

The Zune desktop program rocked. It was still way way way more useable than every current Xbox Music anything.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

Wiseblood posted:

So Verizon have now stopped selling all Nokia phones. WTF is going on?

Verizon flat out told me a replacement 928 would be impossible to order. Its all bullshit. I have used all platforms and really do enjoy using my Lumia the most. For me it is the fluidity of the OS, and the seamless transitions between most app ux. The app synching in IE and the other Microsoft services is getting really good now. I am at a point in life in my late 20s where I have grown out of wanting the bleeding edge nightly, and just want something that works. Same thing with apps. I just don't have time with job and family to keep up anymore. I feel so old writing that.

So I really hope Windows Phone 10, or whatever they call it keeps what I like and the unified Windows/Xbox stores attract developers. If anything for just the numbers of eyes that look at Windows and in the future Xbox every drat day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Vevo pulls their app from the store, and no poo poo tell you to use the website or the WP YOUTUBE APP! I laughed so hard, this platform!