Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.

loquacius posted:

This update is kinda weird for me guys

Like, it stayed on gears for a while and then restarted, and seemed to be mostly on WP8.1 and functional, but there were a couple issues (for example my WiFi wouldn't work and was giving me an "attention required" message but tapping it in the Settings screen did nothing) so I tried restarting it again, and now it's giving me the "Migrating your data!" screen and taking its sweet time. I'm pretty sure my data was already there before. :raise:

From what I've seen the new features are pretty sweet, though -- I've only had the chance to use the notification center and the shape-drawing keyboard, but those work pretty well.

Mine did the something like that, I knew something was up when I couldn't select a picture background and on my photos tile it had c:\program files\something under each photo.

Gave it a reboot, then the data migration screen popped up and once that finished it rebooted again. All good so far after all the apps finished installing, I did notice the battery dropped alot and it got really hot during the install but all good now.

I do like the extra row of tiles on the 8x, gives the phone a new fresh look :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Not sure if anyone else is having problems with Wifi, but the last 3 weeks my 8x hasn't been able to connect my home wifi, and it's starting to take longer to connect to existing networks as well, on average 10 - 15 seconds rather than the 2 -5 it used to be.

I've deleted and tried to reconnect but all I get is "The wireless network did not respond in time". I thought it might be the AP so I re-connected my old belkin router and that didn't make a difference, I've also messed around with different security settings but nothing, even tried a new network with no security.

Only thing I haven't tried is a full reset, Is that worth a try?

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

wormil posted:

Anyone using an ELM327, Bluetooth OBD code reader, with a Windows phone? I have an old phone if I have to use Android but I'd rather use my current phone.

Yeah I use one with my 8x and a copy of AutoGaugex

Resets codes and displays gauges,

http://goo.gl/MXjgwb

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Upgraded from my 8x at the weekend to a Lumia 930, there's a massive amount of extra software that Nokia put on here compared with what feels like the very basics from HTC, call and sms blocker is a very welcome addition.

The backup and restore process is fantastic, restored my 8x backup and everything was there apart from the single HTC app which was broken on the developer preview, and even when I was waiting for the sim swap to happen both phones text messages were in sync.

The 8x always felt fast even with the developer preview but the 930 is so much smoother in the newer games and the resuming screens are completely gone.

The 8x is a little easier to hold but both phones are the same depth, but the 930 being a little wider and taller.

Screen is fantastic, little warm compared the the 8x but that looks like it can be changed.

Overall, worth the upgrade.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Anyone else having some calls randomly going to speakerphone just after answering, to get them back onto the normal speaker I have to toggle the speaker phone option.

This is on a 930 with the latest beta.

Is there a gestures option somewhere like 8.1 to set flip to silence for example?