Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Someone here has to have good taste in games and it aint you, buckwheat.

So then who has the "good taste in games" trophy? This is important for the future for gameserdum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Kleptobot posted:

So then who has the "good taste in games" trophy? This is important for the future for gameserdum

Shut up retard.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ragg posted:

My taste in games is impeccable. Bioshock sucks and so do you.

Pfffbahahahaha rofl, kid have you ever even been out of open? Enjoy playing goku RPG you little turd.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Pfffbahahahaha rofl, kid have you ever even been out of open? Enjoy playing goku RPG you little turd.

You were defeated by my logic and now you're just rambling like a loon. Take a hike, loser.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kleptobot posted:

Me.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

This is a pretty radical idea but I think that it may be possible for a person to like more than one game.

We may need to procure funding for research on this matter.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

This is a pretty radical idea but I think that it may be possible for a person to like more than one game.

We may need to procure funding for research on this matter.

Thanks for saying something obvious in a snooty tone.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

You're welcome.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

You're welcome.

Get lost.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

You seem to be getting emotionally involved in this thread, Ragg, you may want to take a breather.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Chrono N*gger.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
oh poo poo booted up baulders gate look at this poo poo my barbarian is kicking some bandit rear end gently caress yeah

vs

oh look im continue my game in chono trigger what adventure awaits me...

ughhhhh

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

You seem to be getting emotionally involved in this thread, Ragg, you may want to take a breather.

Getting emotional is awesome, and you're a retard robot.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

How about you stop acting oh so high and mighty and talking down to people, rear end in a top hat. Oh, I don't have any care; I am above this kind of thing. Prick.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

conceitedguy posted:

How about you stop acting oh so high and mighty and talking down to people, rear end in a top hat. Oh, I don't have any care; I am above this kind of thing. Prick.

I'm not the one talking down to people here.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm not the one talking down to people here.

You're being a condescending prick.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Ragg posted:

You're being a condescending prick.

I'm just telling people to chill out. You are the person judging others for their choices in entertainment.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm just telling people to chill out. You are the person judging others for their choices in entertainment.

Your trolling is making me sick. We were having an interesting discussion going on and you had to come in and ruin it with your "sick burns." Please leave this thread. Can I get some moderator support on this?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

We're having a spirited and lively discussion here, everyone's having a great time throwing out epic zingers and mad burns. We don't need your condescension, thanks.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I am not being condescending, I am just trying to make a safe place for reasonable discussion. :)

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I am not being condescending, I am just trying to make a safe place for reasonable discussion. :)

You're a boring retard. Go troll somewhere else.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Your unprovoked attacks are a good example of why somebody is needed to encourage everybody to take a step back and relax.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Your unprovoked attacks are a good example of why somebody is needed to encourage everybody to take a step back and relax.

I encourage you to jump off a bridge.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

yes OP lots of single people do love JRPGs

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

what the eff

I missed this sidequest

:(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

could be worse

they could be saying something positive about planescape: torment

which is impossible because its a poo poo game

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
i played through CT once but i don't really remember much of it, probably because I played it with hate in my heart (via hating everything popular). However, it failed to woo me despite my prejudice, so it couldn't have been that good

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I enjoy my party always getting themselves in a position where bosses can make full use of their techs and I can't use certain techs because enemies actually move out of the way.

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric

Scalding Coffee posted:

I enjoy crying like a babby and not figuring out how to use more than one tech effectively in a game rife with SICK TECH COMBOS

:cmon:

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
If you didn't do your first triple attack in CT and scream HELL YEAH then i suggest killing yourself

I remember there was some ds rpg that used a really similar tileset and also had some time traveling plot but apparently that was super lovely :sight

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radiant Historia, and that game was actually pretty good. Did a lot more with the time travel stuff than CT did.

OTOH combat was kinda boring in it but i thought the combat was boring in ct too sooooooooooooo

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
i hated radiant historia. there was one point where i had to go back in time and replay a section so my character could learn how to dance so he could get past a guard in the future. it felt like backtracking: the game.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
maybe i could've changed my mind if atlus bothered to release half the games in the eu that they do everywhere else

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Tiger Millionaire posted:

If you didn't do your first triple attack in CT and scream HELL YEAH then i suggest killing yourself

I remember there was some ds rpg that used a really similar tileset and also had some time traveling plot but apparently that was super lovely :sight

You're probably thinking of the DS port of Chrono Trigger.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ragg posted:

You were defeated by my logic and now you're just rambling like a loon. Take a hike, loser.

Way to be stuck in open all your life you pathetic little lint ball. This game is drawn like (and plays like) DBZ and you're a complete retard with a total inability to recognize good games if you enjoy it.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Chrono Trigger is good for a JRPG because I don't have to spend half of my playtime humping the walls to find some invisible items or solving obtuse "puzzles" like "tell an NPC no three times in a row". And if I miss one of the super awesome items on the first playthrough I can just play through the game again if I'm feeling OCD enough.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

chrono trigger wasn't even that good

Agreed but boulders gate.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

yall a bunhc of crono niggaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Dyz posted:

Chrono Trigger is good for a JRPG because I don't have to spend half of my playtime humping the walls to find some invisible items or solving obtuse "puzzles" like "tell an NPC no three times in a row". And if I miss one of the super awesome items on the first playthrough I can just play through the game again if I'm feeling OCD enough.

yeah jrpgs are way too hardcore to figure out durrrr gently caress do I use the fire sword on the fire boss? how do I move to one area to the next?! ugh this boss is too hard should I grind??

i'm saying if you need more simple, perhaps you should move to a game like, oh, I dunno, call of duty pleb

• Locked thread