Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

DrVenkman posted:

From a few pages back but gently caress knows. I kind of feel like his arc more or less ended in Season 1. He's a gently caress up and does amazingly well out of it...the end.

Ha yeah. I was hoping they could use him to get some Silicon Valley Corporate jokes out there. There's a lot of people here who aren't in startups. But then again, corporate jokes might not be funny at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I fully disagree because OITNB is great. It has both jokes and excellently crafted character comedy. It's far, far funnier than Girls in my book.

I never said it wasn't great, but I can't in good conscience call a show with as many heavy moments as OitNB a comedy. Breaking Bad, The Wire and The Sopranos were all funnier than Girls at times (and I actually like Girls to some extent), but they certainly aren't comedies. Not to say that Orange is the New Black is nearly as brutal as those shows, but I feel it's weird that an hour-long show that can be as deadly serious as it gets should qualify.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

am I missing something?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

"from the middle out"

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Jehde posted:

"from the middle out"

ohhh...

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Just rewatched the finale and have to say this is my favorite show of 2014. Richard is a great straight-man to all the madness around him. I really hope Season 2 can be as good because this show rules. The whole cast is perfect.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Just finished watching this.

This show is perfect because it's the polar opposite of the Big Bang Theory. Mike Judge doesn't give a gently caress if you don't get the dialogue.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
What did you think of the character dynamics?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Grump posted:

Just finished watching this.

This show is perfect because it's the polar opposite of the Big Bang Theory. Mike Judge doesn't give a gently caress if you don't get the dialogue.

What's your take on the microwave heater?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dantu posted:

Just rewatched the finale and have to say this is my favorite show of 2014. Richard is a great straight-man to all the madness around him. I really hope Season 2 can be as good because this show rules. The whole cast is perfect.

Reposting this since since it's hilarious:
http://techcrunch.com/video/the-makers-of-hbos-silicon-valley-in-conversation-with-michael-arrington/518221623/

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Babygravy posted:

What did you think of the character dynamics?

Amazing. Most of these guys I've enjoyed already since Kumail and Thomas did College Humor stuff and Martin Starr did Party Down, so I was expecting pretty great back-and-forth. The only character who's insufferable is Big Head. He speaks like a straight moron.

Tigren posted:

What's your take on the microwave heater?

would be p cool if it worked, imo

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
that TechCrunch video was p cool I'm p sure I p much never seen that before but I p much can't confirm that at this moment because why the gently caress is p now an abbreviation.

Either way, love this show and I'm pretty excited for next season.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Grump posted:

The only character who's insufferable is Big Head. He speaks like a straight moron.

He's essentially the Peggy Hill of the show except he recognizes the fact he's not very smart.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
He's smart enough to start a incubator and get a percent of everything made.. That's pretty wise?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Babygravy posted:

He's smart enough to start a incubator and get a percent of everything made.. That's pretty wise?

That's not Big Head. Big Head is Mr. "Rest and Vest":

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly, fans of this should probably give Banshee a try. They both share many similar, and atypical themes.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Dammit 219 days for next season.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I just watched the first episode. This show is hilarious. Time to binge :v:

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011
While you guys are waiting for Season 2 to come out, you might enjoy The Internship (2013) which is apparently about Bighead's chronicles at Hooli. He gets laid. I thought the movie was pretty funny, and the plot is self-described as a "mental hunger-games against a bunch of freaking 20 year olds for a goddamn job that almost none of us are going to get".

"What the gently caress does this have to do with computers???"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Storgar posted:

While you guys are waiting for Season 2 to come out, you might enjoy The Internship (2013) which is apparently about Bighead's chronicles at Hooli. He gets laid. I thought the movie was pretty funny, and the plot is self-described as a "mental hunger-games against a bunch of freaking 20 year olds for a goddamn job that almost none of us are going to get".

No.

No. No. No. No. No.

gently caress you.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Storgar posted:

Just because it ended up in your netflix recommendations doesn't mean you need to inflict them on us. It means you have bad taste.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Bighead and Hooli are the worst parts of the show. Why would they be made into a movie?

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011
I'm glad you guys liked it.

Grump posted:

Bighead and Hooli are the worst parts of the show. Why would they be made into a movie?

I was just joking that the same actor who plays Bighead is in this movie and playing an employee at a large tech company.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

The Internship also came out before Silicon Valley. Regardless, it was one of the most cringeworthy movies I've seen in a long time.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Here's an real review of the movie this goon literally suggested anyone should watch on purpose http://thedissolve.com/reviews/20-the-internship/

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

This rules, nerdy interviewer guy is so mad from the get-go.

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Here's an real review of the movie this goon literally suggested anyone should watch on purpose http://thedissolve.com/reviews/20-the-internship/

How dare I literally suggest this terrible thing. You sure showed me with this half hearted negative review of a movie from an internet blog. "An real review" indeed.

I don't understand how a movie like this can offend people to the point that they are tripping over themselves to post spittle-flecked personal attacks against anyone who even mentions it. It's an average Hollywood movie? There is nothing mindblowingly innovative about it, but you get to watch two average guys go to Google and get the poo poo kicked out of them by the odd work culture. You can laugh at non-technical people's (mis?)conceptions about young tech professionals. And maybe observe how weird google bikes are and the fact that these companies have managed to create an entire lifestyle around some stupid electronic product? These are some of the elements that I enjoyed about the movie which I felt had in common with Silicon Valley.

Did this movie tie you down to a couch and torture you to the point where you would say "gently caress you" to an internet stranger? Do you have any of your own opinions about this movie or are there going to be more posts devoid of an opinion and containing a link to some other person's review? I'm genuinely curious.

Or maybe you are offended that I had the gall to compare Mike Judge's latest magnum opus, the Silicon Valley to this in-all-honesty-pretty-average-and-forgettable turd? I just remembered this movie the other day, got the same feeling I got from watching Silicon Valley, and wanted to post about it to you guys who I thought would get a small kick out of it while waiting for Season 2. Sheesh.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Storgar posted:

How dare I literally suggest this terrible thing. You sure showed me with this half hearted negative review of a movie from an internet blog. "An real review" indeed.

I don't understand how a movie like this can offend people to the point that they are tripping over themselves to post spittle-flecked personal attacks against anyone who even mentions it. It's an average Hollywood movie? There is nothing mindblowingly innovative about it, but you get to watch two average guys go to Google and get the poo poo kicked out of them by the odd work culture. You can laugh at non-technical people's (mis?)conceptions about young tech professionals. And maybe observe how weird google bikes are and the fact that these companies have managed to create an entire lifestyle around some stupid electronic product? These are some of the elements that I enjoyed about the movie which I felt had in common with Silicon Valley.

Did this movie tie you down to a couch and torture you to the point where you would say "gently caress you" to an internet stranger? Do you have any of your own opinions about this movie or are there going to be more posts devoid of an opinion and containing a link to some other person's review? I'm genuinely curious.

Or maybe you are offended that I had the gall to compare Mike Judge's latest magnum opus, the Silicon Valley to this in-all-honesty-pretty-average-and-forgettable turd? I just remembered this movie the other day, got the same feeling I got from watching Silicon Valley, and wanted to post about it to you guys who I thought would get a small kick out of it while waiting for Season 2. Sheesh.

You're literally worse than Hitler for posting about that cinematic swill.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
And now he's having an embarrassing incoherent meltdown! Someone strap this dope into a multi-directional jerking crux so he can blow off some steam as efficiently as possible.

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011
Lame.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

that movie totally was, which is why we're mad at it.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When this thread turn into 'smarter than you bs' it's ok to be different, but Mike Judge wears a faux-Chechen gangster suit when he sometimes gives interviews.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A show so fun it made Elon Musk upset.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

osietra posted:

When this thread turn into 'smarter than you bs' it's ok to be different, but Mike Judge wears a faux-Chechen gangster suit when he sometimes gives interviews.

So a track suit?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Season Two!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The new seasons of Silicon Valley and Game of Thrones start on the same day? What an excellent day!

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Is there any word on what they're doing about Peter Gregory? Recasting the part?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Comrade Fakename posted:

Is there any word on what they're doing about Peter Gregory? Recasting the part?

Got to imagine that they'll just write him out. I mean he already didn't appear in the latter half of an already short season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

holy poo poo this promo rules

• Locked thread