Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monokeros deAstris
Nov 7, 2006
which means Magical Space Unicorn

And on that note, a quick question for Jenna (if she's not too busy) or anybody familiar with DTRPG's POD options: Do the standard and premium color hardcovers differ in their binding? In particular, are they both perfect bound, or is one (or both) sewn? If standard is perfect bound and premium is sewn, that makes premium an instant buy for me (though that seems highly unlikely). If they are both perfect bound, then I'll need to think about it a bit more.

Also, are the core-set physical quest cards going to be available again soon? I put off ordering physical copies until the physical book appeared, but I really do want the cards as well.

Flavivirus posted:

Really you could reduce the game down to just the quests and XP actions and I think it would still work really well - skills and miracles are still great but they're not the core mechanic they appear to be.

This is my experience exactly. I tried a solo (pastoral) game as a writing exercise, and the first book more or less ended up being solely about XP actions and quests as pacing mechanisms. With the second book I'm starting to try to bring in more of the skill+will mechanics and also issues, just so I can get comfortable with them, but for solo gaming, I've found XP actions and quests to provide an almost perfect amount of structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monokeros deAstris
Nov 7, 2006

hyphz posted:

There's another one that bothered me a bit, although this might be a bit meta:
- The world has the region property "turning into a giant snake does not help."
- Say someone turns into a giant snake and gets into trouble.
- Because a region property has caused them trouble, it behaves like a level 2 bond, and so they can get 2 MP.
- After they turn back, they can benefit from the 2 MP.
- So it did help.
Is that intended?

Oh great, now we need to worry about flower rites attacking the game rules themselves.

Monokeros deAstris
Nov 7, 2006

Rand Brittain posted:

Backers at the Dedicated Friend level should now be receiving beta PDF copies of Fortitude.

I am disappointed, because I checked and it turns out that's a higher level than I backed.

But on the bright side, my print copy arrived! I... don't love the paper? I feel kind of bad for saying that, since POD was absolutely the right way to get the book out the door, and we're lucky to have print copies being sent at all, and maybe it's just a reason for me to use that coupon for the at-cost premium edition.

But it did serve as an excuse for me to order print copies of all the cards, and the at-cost print copies of the Techno Player's Guide and Halloween Special (both of which I've already read in PDF). The cards are kind of pricey: ouch, but also yay.

Out of curiosity, any update on the Legendary 76+? I, uh, may have some personal interest in that supplement.

• Locked thread