Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
I'm still reading Chuubo and I'm not sure I understand what's going on yet. But I do have two questions?

Would using Storium to play Chuubo be feasible? Or are its mechanics too different?

And how feasible is it to use the different Chuubo rules and genres in an existing fantasy setting like Golarion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
I've been reading through the book on my commute and I'm currently about halfway through the Setting chapter. Still not completely sure how to run a game, but I'm hoping it'll become clear.

One thing I'm pretty sure of; there's approximately 0% chance I'll be able to get most of the people I regularly RP with to read a 577 page book. What would really be useful (and I would happily pay $5 or so for) would be a Player's Summary Manual. It'd be 25-35 pages (6x9 or A5) with decent margins, something roughly like Fate Accelerated Edition. Preferably there would be two editions, one for mundane campaigns and one for magical, so I could simply hand the appropriate version to my players. Everything would be covered in brief and end with "for more detail on this topic, consult Chapter FOO of Chuubo's or ask your HG".

Basically I think the first 5 pages would cover Skills, Intentions, Obstacles and Will. Another 5 pages on genres? Then 2-3 pages on character creation, followed by 10 pages on quests, 2-3 pages on arcs, and 5-6 pages on both health/wounds and issues.

It might be possible to actually play with just the Summary Manual, though I doubt it, but I think even a version that gives the short bits followed by a cross reference to the full explanation would be very helpful.

inklesspen fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 9, 2014

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
I just woke up from a dream in which there was a Chuubo's spinoff for the genre conventions of shōjo manga, and it doesn't actually exist, and now I'm sad.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
Sure, but there were entirely different arc and quest writeups. And the art was nice.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord

Rand Brittain posted:

There are eight pregenerated options and a roll-your-own option, which is definitely the "consciously low-powered option" but gets the coolest story out of all nine sets, the Drowning Arc.

Meanwhile, I'm in #thenetbreedsdreams on SorceryNet to talk wishing turkey.

why not synirc with the rest of the TG channels? :ohdear:

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
The Techno Player's Guide is, as far as I can tell, something that exists because I mentioned to Jenna that I would never get my group to actually read the whole corebook, and it would be nice to have something to give them that had just the rules for a particular genre and level of play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
Yeah, I think that's it.

• Locked thread