Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calde
Jun 20, 2009

Jenna Moran posted:

Storium would be a weird combo with the rules---kind of peanut-butter-and-banana-sandwich, y'know? Not to everyone's taste, but not completely out or anything.

A toasted peanut-butter-and-banana sandwich is the greatest breakfast ever. What kind of monster wouldn't enjoy those?

Downloading the PDF now, thanks for writing this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calde
Jun 20, 2009

Kestral posted:

And books two and three are both about the same size, albeit not required for play; it's a hell of a thing. Not every day you get to see a designer go all-in on a passion project like this, let alone actually deliver.

I realized recently after seeing Stardew Valley 1.1 announced that my secret gaming hope is to one day run Chuubo's Valley, set in the Walking Fields. I can't think of a better system to represent the way Stardew Valley makes me feel, that weird mix of meditative and frantic, with mundane modernity and the fantastic rubbing elbows and nobody batting an eyelash. The Quests that don't already exist in the book practically write themselves.

Hey Rand (or anyone else who has a good feel for this sort of thing), how long do you think it'd take to play through the Halloween Special? Tis the season~

I never put two-and-two together on Stardew Valley but of course it shares so much with Chuubo that they're a perfect match. Brilliant! Just came by to post that Glass Maker's Dragon link was a nice little Christmas surprise for backers but I see other's have news that covered.

• Locked thread