Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
A pretty big "something." Having the kickstarter fulfilled is the point, after all, and despite some truly astonishing bad luck on Jenna's part, it actually is getting fulfilled on a pretty reasonable schedule for a project consisting of three enormous art-dense hardbacks and a slew of supplements. Certainly doing better than Exalted :downs:

On a related note, is there any way to get email notifications when a tumblr updates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
And books two and three are both about the same size, albeit not required for play; it's a hell of a thing. Not every day you get to see a designer go all-in on a passion project like this, let alone actually deliver.

I realized recently after seeing Stardew Valley 1.1 announced that my secret gaming hope is to one day run Chuubo's Valley, set in the Walking Fields. I can't think of a better system to represent the way Stardew Valley makes me feel, that weird mix of meditative and frantic, with mundane modernity and the fantastic rubbing elbows and nobody batting an eyelash. The Quests that don't already exist in the book practically write themselves.

Hey Rand (or anyone else who has a good feel for this sort of thing), how long do you think it'd take to play through the Halloween Special? Tis the season~

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
And man is it pretty; I think GMD might have my favorite layout of the three, and seeing it in this format brings home just how enormous this campaign is. Also, the Wishing Map is a really clever little mechanic and I need to steal it for something, somewhere, until I get a chance to play through Glass-Maker's Dragon.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Yesssss. The circle will be complete, and another gorgeous book will enter the world.

Out of curiosity, how many playtest groups have gone through GMD that you're aware of? Any interesting results?

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Yep, confirmed gorgeous book. Haven't had a chance to dig into the text yet, but the art is on average the best yet, and portraits in the playbooks are particularly delightful. The layout seems to have improved too.

Also, Nightmare's Angel's nightmare devices are amazing, and the First Free Dog is a very good dog.

• Locked thread