Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

SwimGood posted:

I'm not very strong on anime. So it's urban fantasy with magical/surrealist metaphysics? In other words, would Norther Exposure or Twin Peaks be typical of Techno?

Pretty much anything by David Lynch is a good primer for Techno. Basically the world is magical, there's always something to discover but unlike urban/immersive fantasy the game is explicitly supposed to go completely off the rails from time to time and not make sense; you can jump from fantastic reality to outright surreal dream-sequence without having to worry too much about whether there's an internal logic behind it, and the game provides rules for doing so. (The Ritual and Transition rules.)

Certain miraculous character Arcs (most notably Creature of the Light) have power sets that allow you to do this sort of thing in other genres as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

spectralent posted:

I don't have GMD, just the core book. I think GMD's still a backer-only thing, isn't it?

It was backer only, but I think some of the character playbooks are publicly available.

Much as I'd like to join, I've already played Chuubo pbps elsewhere so it's probably best to make room for fresh meat.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

I think CMWGE would be good for running Exalted by way of Shin Sekai Yori. (That is, an epic story of demi-gods that focuses on character arcs and how the PCs develop as people in the midst of slavery, exploitation and post apocalyptic survival amidst super powerful demigods and beastmen armies.) What it won't do very well is Exalted by way of Dynasty Warriors or DBZ (CMWGE isn't generally very good for blow-by-blow running of spectacular combats with an emphasis on specific moves or tactics.)

A craft system modeled on CMWGE would be interesting, but as said will, if anything, make crafters less prolific in what they produce. However it will mean that advancement of projects is tied to general behaviour in-game though rather then anything specific that gets done in downtime so it might be good for making a zero-downtime variant of the rules.

• Locked thread