Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I think turning into a snake never helps is meant to be more of a meta-joke. Certainly, characters are encouraged to game it, such as the "I didn't turn into a snake to help with this, I was already a snake for other, unrelated reasons" or "I'm not turning into a snake, I'm stopping being human for a bit!" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I'm in the same boat; I like Chuubo's but I can't honestly sign up for a forum RP since I've failed to keep up with exactly 100% of them, including one I was GMing. IRC/R20 at a regular or semi-regular time is just much easier for me to do, for some reason.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I would but again I am 1000% poo poo at PBP. IRC or R20 or something would be fine though.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

IRC I can definitely do. Not sure about making time, but I do only have three modules this year so my only limit is time zones :v:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I don't have GMD, just the core book. I think GMD's still a backer-only thing, isn't it?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Man, who even knows? Exalted might've had a clear aesthetic at some point but it can ricochet between dragonball Z and odyssey pretty much at random. And different people like different bits of that, too, so it's not even consistent what people like about it.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Chuubo's is basically built for narrative arcs, so yeah, it'll definitely run those. Honestly it'd probably run wacky DBZ shenanigans too so long as you didn't want the blow-by-blow represented in mechanics! It'll definitely run Iliad.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Covok posted:

How many quests should a game need at the start?

GMD gives a character 3.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Covok posted:

So I need enough for every player to get 3 and still have options. So, like 25?

Oh, man, no; work with your players, ask them what they want to be doing and write it with them. Ideally you get to a point where your players write their own quests; it's the total opposite of the Promethean "GM writes personal quests they hope the PC will like" structure, it's about players giving you the list of cool stuff they want to see and be involved in.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Child of Ash is interesting, but in a slightly different way, because it's actually more like a mythic arc about coming to embody an emotion of some sort that happens to involve you learning how to be a kaiju; the entire thing is about your connection to a theoretical place that you come to embody, which always involves turning into godzilla somehow :v:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Foglet posted:

Since this thread unexpectedly has People talking about Stuff, did anyone have a chance to check out Fortitude, the as-of-yet first big supplement for Chuubo?

It's pretty good! I like the walk throughs for helping you make non-"main" characters.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

It goes into a lot more detail too, which is nice because I think techno is the genre people don't really grok out of the box. I mean, I can see why, "slice of life anime", "fairy tale" and "gothic" and stuff are all things that seem fairly commonplace to understand. Techno is a bit weird as a descriptor.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

The thing is I kind of am, but didn't really get that techno was referencing that until I read the techno guide.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I find it is a fairly universal experience, yeah.

As an aside, the Halloween special is both good and, more importantly, short. It's a nice thing to run for a couple of weeks if you want to try and sell people onto it without committing to months and months of gametime.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

...Wooooow.

So just, nobody's getting any books now?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Ah, well that's something at least.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I kinda want to ask about the Accursed, in that basically I want to know if it's possible to have an accursed get their life together short of getting off the arc. The Accursed tier 5 thing feels like it needs some kind of "you have a moment of perfect wonder" event, as it is, because at present the way the accursed is set up seems like a repeating cycle of their tragedy that gets gradually worse and worse and harder for them to deal with without their sanctuary, and then at the end they're just stuck there, which doesn't seem to track with stuff elsewhere in the book like answers to the bleak or what's beyond the outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Thanks! That's a helpful summary. I guess the thing to take then is that a leave from being The Accursed is always a self-directed thing, there's no "natural trajectory" out?

• Locked thread