Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Sign me up as a bugman, that I may rend the enemy with my claws!

I think I got to the final area of the game once. On easy. This is not a forgiving game.

Did they make the requirements for unlocking some of the ships easier? There were a couple that were absolute bastards to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are there any ships that start with Mind Control? I really want to see a playthrough where you just go through the entire game, trying to slaughter as many (enemy) crew members as possible, looting the ships, rather than destroying them.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

After the fifth or sixth miss on the shields, I was starting to wonder why you didn't target piloting or the engines - anything to make the drat ship easier to hit to begin with. Lo and behold, the second you do, it almost entirely wins the battle for you.

I know everyone tends to go for weapons/shields right from the off, but the most successful runs I've had usually come from me hamstringing every ship, then killing off the crew when they try and fix the engines.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Considering how their skills degrade after every rebirth, I'm not sure there'd be enough of them left after enough resurrections to suffer much of anything.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Silly thing about the cloning bay: since you can't heal units normally except by jumping, in the last couple of fights I intentionally stationed badly-injured "generic" units (i.e. ones without lots of systems skill) in airless rooms to force them to die and come back at full health.

Deer diery

I got too close to the enjin and burnd myself again. Captin showted at me for getting hurt. "Weel never win the war if you keep getting woonded like that" he said. Then he made me go sit in the cold room until I got sleepy and woke up in the weerd jelly room agen. I dont like the weerd jelly room. Every time I go in there I feel less clever but Captin says its for the good of the Feddyrayshun. I wish I cood remember what a Feddyrayshun was. I bin in the jelly room so often I dun remember much else.

This is the last readable entry. The few following were just large spirals and scribbles, like someone trying to mimic writing without knowing what it actually is.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

See, when I said I wanted to be a mantis on account of all the killing, I was under the mistaken impression that I'd be the one doing the killing. Oh how foolish I was! Seems like that diary entry last page was a little too prophetic...

So, what's the over/under on my death count for this run!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

anilEhilated posted:

Something about this game turning goons into prophets. Quick, somebody predict for your namesake to accidentally suffocate the entire crew by misclicking while manning the doors.

No danger there, my guy's barely going to be able to stand in one place without falling over and wetting himself by the time this run is through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Momplestiltskin posted:

I may, we would need to buy A LOT more in weapons to make use of it, and honestly we really don't need it very much. I have something... special in mind for the boss fight.

...I'm not making it out of this run alive, am I. Ah well, at least those neurons got a chance to grow back.

• Locked thread