Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
One Outs is cool because it's by the Liar Game guy and is basically Akagi but with baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The best part in Prince of Tennis was the guy who plays tennis at you so well you go blind and deaf.

PoT makes a lot more sense if you imagine everyone actually has Jojo's-esque tennis stands.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Like many people apparently I've gotten totally addicted to the Baby Steps manga. I think Eiichirō loses more than any sports manga protagonist I've ever seen.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 7, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

EagerSleeper posted:

Has anybody been paying attention to Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro? I have no idea about sumo nor that much about its place in modern Japan, so I've been interested in watching a show about it (that is actually being translated!). I'm also interested in seeing how an rear end in a top hat protagonist like Matsutaro has anything to do with what I assume is a highly-respected sport.

Is the show alright and maybe worth buying a crunchyroll subscription to watch?
Not at all. I couldn't make it more than a few episodes in because the main character is a stupid, lazy, unfunny rear end in a top hat. Literally the least likeable character imaginable. And if he changes, it isn't quickly.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, I've always wondered if it was legal to create gravitational singularities with your racket at Wimbleton.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Emalde posted:

Can't wait for Kuroko's Basketball to take the same spin as Prince of Tennis did. Literal Chaos Dunks. :getin:
Sadly it feels like KB is going to end before it gets that silly.

Maybe if there's a college sequel.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Nah, I read the manga. KB is pretty silly but not Prince of Tennis silly. It's more Eyeshield 21, plenty of superhuman highschoolers but little outright magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Chihayafuru is great. I like Baby Steps for much the same reason. Eichiro loses a lot, so there's actually a huge amount of tension in every major match.

ManOfTheYear posted:

All-rounder Meguru is probably my favorite manga now
If you like that you'll probably like Teppu.

• Locked thread