Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Baby Steps is pretty cool, I absolutely love that it's just "really studious guy spergs out about every minute detail about tennis and Gets Good" combined with it being a sort of perpetual training arc that I so love from my burning spirit genre.

CVE posted:

For those loving sports manga/anime I would recommend One Outs. It's Seinen so a little bit less about burning shounen spirit etc. but it's really good. Both the anime and manga are finished. The Anime covers about half of the manga.

This show is so good I can't believe it isn't something that more manga authors don't try to do. "Akagi but with baseball" is 100% correct and it's a blast to watch, I also love how the main character is designed and the way he stands out against all of the other actual baseball players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

This cliffhanger broke me and I too have joined the "now reading the Baby Steps manga" bandwagon.

Is it really possible for somebody to play tennis the way Iwasa does, with having such precise control as to land the ball anywhere with any kind of swing?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Can't wait for Kuroko's Basketball to take the same spin as Prince of Tennis did. Literal Chaos Dunks. :getin:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Somebody please gif the Haiykuu scene where their tears explode from their eyes, I've never been so happy with the delivery of a joke from this show as I was then.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Baby Steps: A show not about Tennis, but about the chronicles of Kageyama, Ultimate Wingman.

• Locked thread