Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Matsutaro is a weird show so far. The plot has been pretty dumb and visually it's fairly mediocre, but somehow there hasn't been anything about it that's made me want to stop watching it. I am sad that the trend of something terrible happening to Matsutaro at the end of every episode didn't continue, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Shakugan posted:

I heard it's only going to be 24 episodes? I raced through the manga after hearing that, because they'll absolutely botch the whole thing if they try to condense the show.

I like the series though, especially since the only other tennis anime I've ever watched is Prince of Tennis (*shudder), where the mangaka seems to have no idea about how tennis is actually played (no one ever faults on a serve, or makes unforced errors, beating a player is definitive proof that they are better rather than sometimes just getting lucky or playing better on the day as happens constantly in actual tennis etc).

My favorite match in Prince of Tennis was the one were one of the doubles players was losing a singles match and was like "well I guess I'll just clone myself then"

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Has there been an episode yet were nobody has been hit in the face with a ball?

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

I gave Matsutaro around seven episodes, by which point a serious sumo match still hadn't really happened. It seems more focused on being a comedy than a sports show, which might be all right if it was at all funny.

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 26, 2014

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

resurgam40 posted:

So... what'd you all do during our break? :v: One of the things I did was watch Haikyu!!; watched the first episode out of boredom more than anything else, and finished everything within a day. Am now flip-flopping on whether or not to read the manga or wait for the rest of the show, because I don't know if it would be the same without the animation, voice acting, and score, all of which are better than they have any right to be.

Why does a great manga not have the right to be made into a great anime?

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Everything I like has balls. 703X and Kono Oto Tomare! are both good sports manga that aren't about sports. There's also Noririn, which is about bike racing, although nobody has been translating it for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Is homoerotic subtext really something that puts people off watching these shows? Ookiku Furikabutte is one of my top 5 favorite sports anime, so it would be a shame if people were dissuaded from watching it just because it's super gay.

• Locked thread